british dumbasses ...

Amit Ghosh

Jul 4, 2011, 4:27:19 PM7/4/11
are there any pubs in London that are showing the tour ?

Amit Ghosh

Jul 4, 2011, 4:31:46 PM7/4/11
On Jul 4, 4:27 pm, Amit Ghosh <amit.gh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> are there any pubs in London that are showing the tour ?

maybe some gay bars ?

A. Dumas

Jul 4, 2011, 5:26:09 PM7/4/11
Amit Ghosh wrote:
> are there any pubs in London that are showing the tour ?

http://www.lookmumnohands.com/

Simply Fred

Jul 5, 2011, 5:07:40 AM7/5/11
Amit Ghosh wrote:
>> are there any pubs in London that are showing the tour ?
>
> maybe some gay bars ?

Ask Magilla.

RicodJour

Jul 5, 2011, 10:01:02 AM7/5/11

That looks like a fun place.

Uncle Dave

Jul 5, 2011, 6:25:21 PM7/5/11
On Jul 4, 9:27 pm, Amit Ghosh <amit.gh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> are there any pubs in London that are showing the tour ?

If you really can't avoid going to London you poor bastard, stay in
your room and watch the Tour on the TV. London is an awful place
filled with bankers, wankers, demons and other dangers. Think again -
you have been warned!

UD

Amit Ghosh

Jul 9, 2011, 4:59:05 AM7/9/11

dumbass,

is that why fit right in ? you're right about the dangers, the main
hazard being the food.

atriage

Jul 9, 2011, 5:02:32 AM7/9/11

And the worse value for money hotels on Earth.

Amit Ghosh

Jul 9, 2011, 4:50:40 AM7/9/11

dutch dumbass,

thanks. i walked by yesterday ... i little to much of a indie beer &
brooks saddles crowd, but i might catch today's stage there.

atriage

Jul 9, 2011, 5:10:12 AM7/9/11
On 09/07/2011 09:50, Amit Ghosh wrote:
> On Jul 4, 10:26 pm, "A. Dumas"<alexan...@dumas.fr.invalid> wrote:
>> Amit Ghosh wrote:
>>> are there any pubs in London that are showing the tour ?
>>
>> http://www.lookmumnohands.com/
>
> dutch dumbass,
>
> thanks. i walked by yesterday ... i little to much of a indie beer&
> brooks saddles crowd,....

Lol, turn up on a fixie and you should be able to fit right in.

RicodJour

Jul 9, 2011, 8:52:18 AM7/9/11

Wait - you walked by the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn? I thought
you were asking about London.

And why weren't you riding? Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Anton Berlin

Jul 11, 2011, 8:39:51 AM7/11/11

The stupid twats in London drive on the wrong side of the road so it's
a little disconcerting to have cars pass on the right. Couple that
with their lousy - practically non-existent celebration of July 4th
and their penchant for buggery, mushy peas and faggots - it's really
no place to visit.

Uncle Dave

Jul 11, 2011, 10:52:23 AM7/11/11

In the immortal words of Homer Simpson - it's funny 'cos it's true. I
hate London, mostly because it has somehow managed to convince the
world that is typically English when, in fact, it is nothing like
England. Get on your bike, in a car, or on a train and head off to
the sticks. Just knock on any door and say you have to watch Wapner
in the Tour de France. They will invite you in for a nice cup of
Rosie and a biccie or two. It's a well known fact.

UD

atriage

Jul 11, 2011, 11:31:10 AM7/11/11
On 11/07/2011 15:52, Uncle Dave wrote:
> On Jul 11, 1:39 pm, Anton Berlin<truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Wait - you walked by the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn? I thought
>>> you were asking about London.
>>
>>> And why weren't you riding? Tsk, tsk, tsk.

>> The stupid twats in London drive on the wrong side of the road so it's
>> a little disconcerting to have cars pass on the right. Couple that
>> with their lousy - practically non-existent celebration of July 4th

But we do celebrate the loss of our unprofitable tobacco colonies Anton, also
the driving in London is so bad that they actually end up driving on the correct
side of the road (from the point of view of someone from the ex-loss making
tobacco colonies).

Bob Martin

Jul 12, 2011, 2:15:55 AM7/12/11
in 656390 20110711 133951 Anton Berlin <truth...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>On Jul 9, 7:52=A0am, RicodJour <ricodj...@aol.com> wrote:

>> > dutch dumbass,
>>
>> > thanks. i walked by yesterday ... i little to much of a indie beer &
>> > brooks saddles crowd, but i might catch today's stage there.
>>
>> Wait - you walked by the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn? =A0I thought

>> you were asking about London.
>>
>> And why weren't you riding? =A0Tsk, tsk, tsk.

>The stupid twats in London drive on the wrong side of the road so it's
>a little disconcerting to have cars pass on the right. Couple that
>with their lousy - practically non-existent celebration of July 4th
>and their penchant for buggery, mushy peas and faggots - it's really
>no place to visit.

Not sure about the "wrong" side of the road.
ISTR reading that more people drive on the left than on the right
(think UK, Japan, Aus, NZ, SA, India etc)
And did you know that French trains run on the left?

Uncle Dave

Jul 12, 2011, 7:02:36 AM7/12/11
On Jul 12, 8:15 am, Bob Martin <bob.mar...@excite.com> wrote:

If they don't do it in Murca, it's wrong. And that, my little canine
chocolate treat is that...

UD

ilan

Jul 12, 2011, 7:46:15 AM7/12/11
On Jul 12, 9:15 am, Bob Martin <bob.mar...@excite.com> wrote:

The Tour will pass on the only road in France where people drive on
the left.

-ilan

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Jul 12, 2011, 8:20:55 AM7/12/11

British Dumbasses,

Your defence of left-hand driving by majority rule appears
to be incorrect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-_and_left-hand_traffic

says that "Though originally most traffic drove on the left worldwide,
[3]
today about 66.1% of the world's people live in right-hand traffic
countries
and 33.9% in left-hand traffic countries. About 72% of the world's
total
road distance carries traffic on the right, and 28% on the left.[4]"

India is large, but China is larger. Arguably neither of these
countries should be weighted by its population since I expect
their per-capita car ownership is lower. Maybe we care about
the number of cars in right- and left-drive countries, not the
number of people or miles of road. Still, it probably comes
out to similar proportions: the UK has many cars, but Germany
has more, und so weiter.

Trains are another issue, it's not entirely uniform within a country.
I've taken trains between countries that nominally switch sides
(like Germany-Austria-Italy) but can't recall how they dealt with it.

Fredstationmaster Ben

Uncle Dave

Jul 12, 2011, 12:05:01 PM7/12/11

Every time I go there they seem to drive on whichever side takes their
fancy. Which reminds me, remember this classic? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUfIvpzvjwQ

UD

Bob Martin

Jul 13, 2011, 2:23:35 AM7/13/11
in 656460 20110712 132055 Fredmaster of Brainerd <bjwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Jul 12, 1:02=A0pm, Uncle Dave <davidco...@t-online.de> wrote:

>ote:

>&

>ought

>> > Not sure about the "wrong" side of the road.
>> > ISTR reading that more people drive on the left than on the right
>> > (think UK, Japan, Aus, NZ, SA, India etc)
>> > And did you know that French trains run on the left?
>>
>> If they don't do it in Murca, it's wrong. =A0And that, my little canine

>> chocolate treat is that...
>>
>> UD
>
>British Dumbasses,
>
>Your defence of left-hand driving by majority rule appears
>to be incorrect.
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-_and_left-hand_traffic
>
>says that "Though originally most traffic drove on the left worldwide,
>[3]
>today about 66.1% of the world's people live in right-hand traffic
>countries
>and 33.9% in left-hand traffic countries. About 72% of the world's
>total
>road distance carries traffic on the right, and 28% on the left.[4]"
>
>India is large, but China is larger. Arguably neither of these
>countries should be weighted by its population since I expect
>their per-capita car ownership is lower. Maybe we care about
>the number of cars in right- and left-drive countries, not the
>number of people or miles of road. Still, it probably comes
>out to similar proportions: the UK has many cars, but Germany
>has more, und so weiter.
>
>Trains are another issue, it's not entirely uniform within a country.
>I've taken trains between countries that nominally switch sides
>(like Germany-Austria-Italy) but can't recall how they dealt with it.

How do you wave your sword out of the window if you are right-handed?

France got British engineers (natch) to install their first railways.
By the time they noticed all the signalling etc was on the left it
was too late to change.

Simply Fred

Jul 13, 2011, 6:07:41 AM7/13/11
Bob Martin wrote:
> France got British engineers (natch) to install their first railways.
> By the time they noticed all the signalling etc was on the left it
> was too late to change.

A British conspiracy, just a continuation of the 100 years war.