TdF Podium predictions

Mike Jacoubowsky

Jun 25, 2010, 5:30:16 PM6/25/10
Heck, why not toss it out there and look like a fool a month from now? Let's
hear it. Here's mine-

1: Contador
2: Basso
3: Lance

This assumes Andy can't quite get it together enough to overcome the minute
he'll lose in the final TT... this just doesn't look like his year. Wiggins
could end up in there instead of Lance. Jani B is an extreme dark horse, and
would require a scenario where he was put in charge of checking Contador on
the final parts of the climb... and as the only person on RS who might be
able to hold his wheel, could end up putting him in a position to be
supported for the GC. But there's a lot of other 2nd-tier talent out there
that could make a showing.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

ronaldo_jeremiah

Jun 25, 2010, 6:39:50 PM6/25/10
On Jun 25, 4:30 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:

> This assumes <snip>

Goddamn. Give us your top ten and spare us all the logic and pre-made
excuses, candyass.

-rj

Mike Jacoubowsky

Jun 25, 2010, 9:43:09 PM6/25/10

=======

Goddamn. Give us your top ten and spare us all the logic and pre-made
excuses, candyass.

-rj
=======
Tough crowd. 10 finalists in no particular order-

Nibali
Basso
Armstrong
Jani B.
Sanchez
Evans
Rogers
Gesink
Schleck, F (not a typo)
Wiggins

z, fred

Jun 25, 2010, 10:05:02 PM6/25/10

Contador DNF?

NoDannyNo

Jun 25, 2010, 10:13:16 PM6/25/10
On Jun 25, 5:30 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:

1. The Unimpeachable One
2. Basso
3. The World Champion

Poor Contador will DNF after crashing on the cobbles. The
Unimpeachable One will pounce on that like a fat man who finds a jelly
donut. By the 2nd week, you kiddies will think yer stuck in 2005.

ronaldo_jeremiah

Jun 25, 2010, 10:25:30 PM6/25/10
On Jun 25, 8:43 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:
> "ronaldo_jeremiah" <ronaldo_jerem...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Jun 25, 4:30 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
> wrote:
>
> > This assumes <snip>
>
> =======
> Goddamn.  Give us your top ten and spare us all the logic and pre-made
> excuses, candyass.
>
> -rj
> =======
> Tough crowd. 10 finalists in no particular order-

WTF?! I was just about to compliment you for taking up the challenge,
and then I read "no particular order". This ain't a fuckin' exacta
box, dumbass. Make a goddamn commitment.

> Nibali

Isn't even riding the TdF.

Come on man.

-rj

Mike Jacoubowsky

Jun 25, 2010, 10:30:15 PM6/25/10

======

WTF?! I was just about to compliment you for taking up the challenge,
and then I read "no particular order". This ain't a fuckin' exacta
box, dumbass. Make a goddamn commitment.

> Nibali

Isn't even riding the TdF.

Come on man.

-rj
=====

Nibali=secret code for Contador. It's on his blood bags.

KGring

Jun 26, 2010, 12:35:22 AM6/26/10
On Jun 25, 2:30 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:

> Heck, why not toss it out there and look like a fool a month from now? Let's
> hear it. Here's mine-
>
> 1: Contador
> 2: Basso
> 3: Lance

Dumbass -

My prediction is:

1. LANCE
2. LANCE
3. LANCE

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

ps. where can I buy a cheap Trek Madone for coffee shop rides?

DirtRoadie

Jun 26, 2010, 12:47:50 AM6/26/10

I'm pretty sure there's a rule against the same rider getting all
three podium spots. Sorta' like a rider can only wear one of the
"jerseys" at a time.
So I think LA gets the "lifetime achievement award" jersey, but no
podium.
DR

Betty

Jun 26, 2010, 6:18:00 AM6/26/10
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> Heck, why not toss it out there and look like a fool a month from now?
> Let's hear it. Here's mine-

The real question is who get a positive test first.

Keith

Jun 26, 2010, 7:09:00 AM6/26/10

With the AFLD out, it will be smooth sailing this year...

ronaldo_jeremiah

Jun 26, 2010, 9:50:06 AM6/26/10
On Jun 25, 9:30 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:

> Nibali=secret code for Contador. It's on his blood bags.

Excellent.

-rj

Steve Freides

Jun 26, 2010, 11:55:40 AM6/26/10
NoDannyNo wrote:

> Poor Contador will DNF after crashing on the cobbles. The
> Unimpeachable One will pounce on that like a fat man who finds a jelly
> donut. By the 2nd week, you kiddies will think yer stuck in 2005.

It will be even better. On an important climb, with Lance looking
haggard, a mysterious spectator, later identified as related to Lance
Armstrong and his team by exactly six degrees of separation, will let
the handle of a large shopping bag reach out onto the road at exactly
the time Contador rides by,. catching his handlebars - and then
accidentally step on the rider's super-light frame, breaking it.
Contador will then be beaten by an angry crowd of pro-Lance fans.

-S-

Anton Berlin

Jun 26, 2010, 12:55:32 PM6/26/10

> ps. where can I buy a cheap Trek Madone for coffee shop rides?

Have a friend pretend to almost run over a fat wannabee that's riding
a Madone then follow him home in a different car and he'll trade the
bike for $20 and a box of little debbies. I've done this twice when I
needed a new gruppo.

Anton Berlin

Jun 26, 2010, 12:57:39 PM6/26/10

> So I think LA gets the  "lifetime achievement award" jersey, but no
> podium.

Lifetime Deceivement Award

K. Fred Gauss

Jun 26, 2010, 1:07:05 PM6/26/10
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

> Nibali=secret code for Contador. It's on his blood bags.

Nice!

Fred Gringioni

Jun 26, 2010, 2:24:01 PM6/26/10

"Anton Berlin" <truth...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
:
: > ps. where can I buy a cheap Trek Madone for coffee shop rides?

Dumbass -

That's a good idea. Hopefully the guy will be wearing XXXL Radio Shack kit.
I need some.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Jun 26, 2010, 2:29:36 PM6/26/10
"Fred Gringioni" <soulinth...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Don't think so. They shrunk the "Euro" sizing again. Levi's wearing an XXL.
They ran out of space for the X's on the collar for yours.

Anton Berlin

Jun 26, 2010, 2:52:55 PM6/26/10
Sears sells a nylon poncho that will fit the 'husky rider' that can
no longer squeeze into a size 7 jersey.

Amit Ghosh

Jun 26, 2010, 5:05:31 PM6/26/10
wrote:

> Jani B is an extreme dark horse, and

> would require a scenario where he was put in charge of checking Contador on
> the final parts of the climb... and as the only person on RS who might be
> able to hold his wheel, could end up putting him in a position to be
> supported for the GC.

dumbass,

brajkovic is a good rider, but will not be GC material.

he probably has one or two good climbs n him but he will not be a
regular at the front group in the mtns. leipheimer and kloden will
more likely to be high on GC.

cur...@the-md-russells.org

Jun 26, 2010, 5:31:12 PM6/26/10
On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 21:47:50 -0700 (PDT), DirtRoadie
<DirtR...@aol.com> wrote:

>I'm pretty sure there's a rule against the same rider getting all
>three podium spots. Sorta' like a rider can only wear one of the
>"jerseys" at a time.
>So I think LA gets the "lifetime achievement award" jersey, but no
>podium.

Screw the rules. After last year, LA isn't sharing the podium with
anyone.

And Hinault can damn well stand in line and pay for autographs like
everyone else. No more puffing up a has been.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Mike Jacoubowsky

Jun 26, 2010, 5:36:35 PM6/26/10
"Steve Freides" <st...@kbnj.com> wrote in message

Is that why Tour magazine, for the TdF issue, came with the faux feedbags?

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com

Mike Jacoubowsky

Jun 28, 2010, 5:25:48 PM6/28/10

========
dumbass,

brajkovic is a good rider, but will not be GC material.

he probably has one or two good climbs n him but he will not be a
regular at the front group in the mtns. leipheimer and kloden will
more likely to be high on GC.

========

I agree, but Jani could be put into a very tough spot if he's the guy who
manages to hang onto Contador's wheel and suddenly has a two minute gap on
the rest of the field. Would be very tough to take the position that's not
something to defend. The only way this scenario could play out is if nothing
happens in the Alpes, which Contador believes to be the case.

DirtRoadie

Jul 20, 2010, 11:54:18 PM7/20/10
On Jun 25, 3:30 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:

> Heck, why not toss it out there and look like a fool a month from now? Let's
> hear it. Here's mine-
>
> 1: Contador
> 2: Basso
> 3: Lance
>
> This assumes Andy can't quite get it together enough to overcome the minute
> he'll lose in the final TT... this just doesn't look like his year. Wiggins
> could end up in there instead of Lance. Jani B is an extreme dark horse, and
> would require a scenario where he was put in charge of checking Contador on
> the final parts of the climb... and as the only person on RS who might be
> able to hold his wheel, could end up putting him in a position to be
> supported for the GC. But there's a lot of other 2nd-tier talent out there
> that could make a showing.

Time to dredge this back up. It didn't even take a month.
What is amazing is the number of predicted contenders who have crashed
and burned literally and/or figuratively.
Although, at the same time, the present top few GC spots don't reflect
any "out-of-the-blue" surprises.

But the race isn't over. Let's see how your prediction re "the minute
[Andy]'ll lose in the final TT" plays out.

And we haven't seen a lot of Jani. Maybe Thursday is the day
especially if RS continues to ride for Team GC.

DR