"My names Andy Schleck and I chose SRAM"

It's Chris

Jul 25, 2010, 12:10:29 PM7/25/10
Do you think I could have won the TDF if my @#$% chain hadn't jammed
during my breakaway attempt?

(I chose that heading solely to attract attention! This is an honest
question, not a flame against SRAM or a troll attempt. Please don't turn
it into one)

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

MyPostingID

Jul 25, 2010, 12:25:57 PM7/25/10

I think having Frank along would have been more useful.

Phil H

Jul 25, 2010, 12:33:06 PM7/25/10

Yes he "could" have won. If the same outcome had occurred in the
following 3 stages, he would have had the advantage of following in
the TT.

Phil H

It's Chris

Jul 25, 2010, 12:42:54 PM7/25/10
True, having Frank would have definitaly helped, but that would have
helped during the erntire tour, not just stage 19.

Betty

Jul 25, 2010, 1:45:22 PM7/25/10
It's Chris wrote:
> Do you think I could have won the TDF if my @#$% chain hadn't jammed
> during my breakaway attempt?
> ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

Your name is Chris and you chose webtv.

raamman

Jul 25, 2010, 11:18:46 PM7/25/10

Frank would've held him back by not being as strong as his younger
brother; Andy would've lost time waiting for him- Frank pulling out
freed Andy to ride his own race.

And had the chain not jammed would've given Andy a bit more strength
to stay ahead of AC, AC might have been able to close the gap, but not
enough to get ahead of Andy- esp the final TT where Andy would've
started after AC.

A. Dumas

Jul 26, 2010, 8:54:55 AM7/26/10
MyPostingID wrote:
> I think having Frank along would have been more useful.

If Frank would have been around, that would have meant he didn't crash,
which means Contador wouldn't have been held up and would have had
another 1m13s advantage.

Ronko

Jul 28, 2010, 12:42:14 AM7/28/10
In article <14999-4C4...@storefull-3251.bay.webtv.net>,
dedendadd...@webtv.net says...
Your point is well taken, would the chain have dropped (and again on stage
21) had Andy been using Shimano or Campagnolo?
"I chose SRAM" is total bs. None of the pro peloton riders chose SRAM, they
all use what what is put on their sponsored bikes by the grouppo sponsor.