Bike Racing goes Pro Wresting.

CowPunk

Jul 31, 2010, 7:52:07 AM7/31/10
http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/post-tour-criteriums-ne/cibel-na-tourcriterium-sint-niklaas/results

"Ivan Basso and Fabian Cancellara also rode the Flemish criterium as
part of a 37-rider field that entertained an estimated 60,000 crowd."

Twiggy Chaindropper beats The Gruberator in a crit? yeah I know it's
a post-Tour dog and pony show. But come on. Makes me wonder if AS
didn't drop his chain on purpose in the Tour. It also explains the
noobish floundering trying to get it back on.

Anton Berlin

Jul 31, 2010, 11:33:18 AM7/31/10
On Jul 31, 6:52 am, CowPunk <cowpun...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/post-tour-criteriums-ne/cibel-na-tou...

> "Ivan Basso and Fabian Cancellara also rode the Flemish criterium as
> part of a 37-rider field that entertained an estimated 60,000 crowd."
>
> Twiggy Chaindropper beats The Gruberator in a crit?  yeah I know it's
> a post-Tour dog and pony show.  But come on.  Makes me wonder if AS
> didn't drop his chain on purpose in the Tour.  It also explains the
> noobish floundering trying to get it back on.

Location has a lot to do with the 'winner'

bar

Jul 31, 2010, 11:35:26 AM7/31/10

the shit has always been rigged, bro

--D-y

Jul 31, 2010, 1:25:52 PM7/31/10
> "Ivan Basso and Fabian Cancellara also rode the Flemish criterium as
> part of a 37-rider field that entertained an estimated 60,000 crowd."
>
> Twiggy Chaindropper beats The Gruberator in a crit?  yeah I know it's
> a post-Tour dog and pony show.  But come on.  Makes me wonder if AS
> didn't drop his chain on purpose in the Tour.  It also explains the
> noobish floundering trying to get it back on.

These, from my understanding, are exhibtions put on for people to see
the stars in action, with repeated laps so viewing has more duration
than one shot per stage for 20 seconds or so, as in the TdF.
Either that or Mark Cavendish better start looking for a new job.
<g>
--D-y

Michael Press

Jul 31, 2010, 4:50:40 PM7/31/10
In article
<4715ea07-2e31-4fb0...@l20g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
--D-y <dusto...@mac.com> wrote:

He was not there. Cavendish wins the Welser Innenstadt Kriterium
in Austria, soundly trouncing such luminaries as
Josef Benetseder (Vorarlberg-Corratec),
Riccardo Zoid (Abro Gourmetfein Wels), and
Peter Pichler (Abro Gourmetfein Wels),
two days before the Sint-Niklaas

--
Michael Press

RicodJour

Jul 31, 2010, 6:37:06 PM7/31/10
On Jul 31, 4:50 pm, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> He was not there. Cavendish wins the Welser Innenstadt Kriterium
> in Austria, soundly trouncing such luminaries as
> Josef Benetseder (Vorarlberg-Corratec),
> Riccardo Zoid (Abro Gourmetfein Wels), and

Damn. Riccardo Zoid?! I wish I'd seen that before I chose my nom de
plume!

Zoid, Zoid, he be null and void. He be wigging!*

* Extra credit to the first person to identify the paraphrased quote.

--D-y

Jul 31, 2010, 7:25:05 PM7/31/10
On Jul 31, 3:50 pm, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> In article
> <4715ea07-2e31-4fb0-bc91-fbd18ed85...@l20g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,

>  --D-y <dustoyev...@mac.com> wrote:
> > On Jul 31, 6:52 am, CowPunk <cowpun...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > >http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/post-tour-criteriums-ne/cibel-na-tou...
>
> > > "Ivan Basso and Fabian Cancellara also rode the Flemish criterium as
> > > part of a 37-rider field that entertained an estimated 60,000 crowd."
>
> > > Twiggy Chaindropper beats The Gruberator in a crit?  yeah I know it's
> > > a post-Tour dog and pony show.  But come on.  Makes me wonder if AS
> > > didn't drop his chain on purpose in the Tour.  It also explains the
> > > noobish floundering trying to get it back on.
>
> > These, from my understanding, are exhibtions put on for people to see
> > the stars in action, with repeated laps so viewing has more duration
> > than one shot per stage for 20 seconds or so, as in the TdF.
> > Either that or Mark Cavendish better start looking for a new job.
>
> He was not there.

Well, that card might have been a bit much.
Nope, I didn't think about his being there, just "thinking" about how
lethal a combination climber-sprinter would be in the GT's or
elsewhere for that matter.

> Cavendish wins the Welser Innenstadt Kriterium
> in Austria, soundly trouncing such luminaries as
> Josef Benetseder (Vorarlberg-Corratec),
> Riccardo Zoid (Abro Gourmetfein Wels), and
> Peter Pichler (Abro Gourmetfein Wels),
> two days before the Sint-Niklaas

Now that I can believe!

Doesn't this show to some extent how perhaps the Euro's are happy with
the show?
Did someone immediately grab Andy by the elbow and head him over to
testtesttesting? Another welcome feature.
--D-y
--D-y

Michael Press

Aug 2, 2010, 2:54:24 PM8/2/10
In article
<cb1a3462-6047-4a25...@j8g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
RicodJour <rico...@worldemail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 31, 4:50 pm, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> >
> > He was not there. Cavendish wins the Welser Innenstadt Kriterium
> > in Austria, soundly trouncing such luminaries as
> > Josef Benetseder (Vorarlberg-Corratec),
> > Riccardo Zoid (Abro Gourmetfein Wels), and
>
> Damn. Riccardo Zoid?! I wish I'd seen that before I chose my nom de
> plume!
>
> Zoid, Zoid, he be null and void. He be wigging!*
>

> * Extra credit to the first person to identify the paraphrased quote.

I did a web search on "He be wigging" and on
"He be wiggin", and got nothing to match.

--
Michael Press

RicodJour

Aug 2, 2010, 3:23:52 PM8/2/10
On Aug 2, 2:54 pm, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> In article
> <cb1a3462-6047-4a25-aef4-56df89d6b...@j8g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,

>  RicodJour <ricodj...@worldemail.com> wrote:
> > On Jul 31, 4:50 pm, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> > > He was not there. Cavendish wins the Welser Innenstadt Kriterium
> > > in Austria, soundly trouncing such luminaries as
> > > Josef Benetseder (Vorarlberg-Corratec),
> > > Riccardo Zoid (Abro Gourmetfein Wels), and
>
> > Damn.  Riccardo Zoid?!  I wish I'd seen that before I chose my nom de
> > plume!
>
> > Zoid, Zoid, he be null and void.  He be wigging!*
>
> > * Extra credit to the first person to identify the paraphrased quote.
>
> I did a web search on "He be wigging" and on
> "He be wiggin", and got nothing to match.

Hmmm, the complete quote is harder to find than I thought. It's from
Say Anything with John Cusack.
I was off a little bit, and the quote I was able to find doesn't have
the wiggin'(g) part, which comes after. It's a rap song sung by the
guys at the Gas-N-Sip:

He got dissed in the Malibu,
Now he doesnt know what to do
Lloyd, Lloyd,
All null and void,
Listen to the truth you're trying to avoid,
Lloyd thinks she's special but she's just another ho."

The extra credit is yours for making the effort. Thanks.