Who was the best sprinter on a golden-age-of-LANCE team?

RicodJour

Jul 8, 2010, 1:29:30 PM7/8/10
LA's squad has always focused on the overall win, so I'm curious who
was considered the best sprinter on a what-me-sprint? team.

Winning answers will receive
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/07/bobbi-eden-netherlands-po_n_637329.html

Fred Flintstein

Jul 8, 2010, 2:32:32 PM7/8/10
On 7/8/2010 12:29 PM, RicodJour wrote:
> LA's squad has always focused on the overall win, so I'm curious who
> was considered the best sprinter on a what-me-sprint? team.

During the years when LANCE was winning, the only guy that could
be counted to take any sprint points at all was Ekimov.

If you go back to the Motorola days it would be Max "Beaten...
by Riis" Sciandri.

Fred Flintstein

Amit Ghosh

Jul 8, 2010, 4:07:37 PM7/8/10
On Jul 8, 2:32 pm, Fred Flintstein <bob.schwa...@sbcREMOVEglobal.net>
wrote:

dumbass,

boonen and max van heeswijk

Fred Flintstein

Jul 8, 2010, 4:37:49 PM7/8/10

I was thinking of the Tour squads. Those are the two best sprinters
but neither rode a Tour with LANCE.

Fred Flintstein

Geraard Spergen

Jul 8, 2010, 8:13:42 PM7/8/10
On Jul 8, 1:37 pm, Fred Flintstein <bob.schwa...@sbcREMOVEglobal.net>

I'm still not sure I get it - best sprinter on a team with a serious
GC contender in the Lance! glory years?
Zabel.

drmofe

Jul 9, 2010, 6:40:15 PM7/9/10
On Jul 9, 5:29 am, RicodJour <ricodj...@worldemail.com> wrote:
> LA's squad has always focused on the overall win, so I'm curious who
> was considered the best sprinter on a what-me-sprint? team.

Raul Alcala

RicodJour

Jul 9, 2010, 6:54:31 PM7/9/10

Alcala was done, really, by the time he was on a team with LANCE, and
I am really asking about a LANCE team. Alcala was on a Lance team,
before Lance became LANCE. In the not too distant future, LANCE will
morph his name into an unpronounceable symbol like that other idiot
that used to be Prince.

Sorry to say, Bobbi Eden won't be giving you a BJ, but thanks for
participating.