Landis admits, tells of doping on LA and Postal

raamman

May 20, 2010, 1:28:51 AM5/20/10

Betty Munro

May 20, 2010, 7:11:46 AM5/20/10
raamman wrote:
> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703691804575255410855321120.html

"where blood bags were kept in a refrigerator in Mr. Armstrong's closet."

You don't need a skeleton if you've got a blue refrigerator.

Henry

May 20, 2010, 7:33:31 AM5/20/10
On May 20, 5:28 pm, raamman <raam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405274870369180457525541085532...

so *now* he's telling the whole truth.

Keith

May 20, 2010, 8:07:13 AM5/20/10
On Thu, 20 May 2010 04:33:31 -0700 (PDT), Henry
<snogfest_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On May 20, 5:28ÔøΩpm, raamman <raam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405274870369180457525541085532...
>
>so *now* he's telling the whole truth.

He's certainly more believable now than he was 4 years ago. Question
is whether Bruyneel, Armstrong and Andy Rihs will be asked to comment
about this.

I'm guessing we'll have a "I have no specific recollection" answer.

Wonder whether Landis has any pictures or other evidence to support
his claims...I'm guess he does...

cur...@the-md-russells.org

May 20, 2010, 8:25:04 AM5/20/10
On Thu, 20 May 2010 14:07:13 +0200, Keith <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:

>He's certainly more believable now than he was 4 years ago. Question
>is whether Bruyneel, Armstrong and Andy Rihs will be asked to comment
>about this.
>
>I'm guessing we'll have a "I have no specific recollection" answer.
>
>Wonder whether Landis has any pictures or other evidence to support
>his claims...I'm guess he does...

I'm guessing he doesn't. If what he says is completely true and not an
attempt to 'come clean' with more a thea culpa than mea culpa, its
still unlikely that people committing a crime gather evidence against
themselves. Those that do usually make some sort of list, like the
Darwin awards. If you are planning to win the Tour, you don't spend
time taking pictures of refrigerators.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Dumbass

May 20, 2010, 8:29:16 AM5/20/10

So, Floyd Landis, of all people, is says he knows how to dope without
getting caught?

Interesting that he accuses Andy Rihs of knowingly funding Phonak
doping.

Landis actually got one of the three judges to vote for him in his
appeal.

Anton Berlin

May 20, 2010, 8:56:28 AM5/20/10

This, finally, smacks of credibility and honesty to me.

RicodJour

May 20, 2010, 9:00:05 AM5/20/10

It smacks of a book deal to pull his fat out of the fire.

Scott

May 20, 2010, 9:09:23 AM5/20/10

I don't know, how can the book deal net him more than he's going to
lose in civil court if he's lying about LA/Bruyneel?

Has anyone ascertained the veracity of the 'email' to USAC?

Anton Berlin

May 20, 2010, 9:13:18 AM5/20/10
> Has anyone ascertained the veracity of the 'email' to USAC?- Hide quoted text -

I would think the time lag and the fact its from a newpaper that
should have a pretty strong editorial process, research and legal
department gives it 100% veracity.

Victor Kan

May 20, 2010, 9:14:22 AM5/20/10
On May 20, 9:09 am, Scott <hendricks_sc...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone ascertained the veracity of the 'email' to USAC?

The WSJ article says that three people who have seen the e-mails and
have talked to Floyd confirm their authenticity. They don't say who
these people are, when these people talked to Floyd and what they
talked about, but we're left to assume they are Floyd's confidants and
they talked about the allegations in the e-mails.

Scott

May 20, 2010, 9:20:39 AM5/20/10
hmmmm, anyone else notice that in the WSJ article Landis implicates
Leipheimer and Zabriskie too? Zabriskie? As in "Garmin Transitions
anti-doping crusaders" Zabriskie?

Fred Flintstein

May 20, 2010, 9:27:22 AM5/20/10

Yes, he's broke and without a contract, isn't he? He needs
a book and speaking engagements.

Everything he's talking about is a he-said/they-said situation.
There will be no civil suit.

Fred Flintstein

Fred Flintstein

May 20, 2010, 9:32:13 AM5/20/10

Yes, Garmin with Captain Clean David Millar who stuck up
so outrageously for Mauro "Rhymes With Perflouro" Gianetti
when Saunier Duval imploded.

Mauro, Rhymes With Perflouro, certainly had no idea there
was doping going on in his team.

Fred Flintstein

z, fred

May 20, 2010, 9:35:03 AM5/20/10

Maybe Floyd's email account was hacked.

Brad Anders

May 20, 2010, 9:54:27 AM5/20/10

I applaud Mr. Landis for admitting to doping. He strikes me as a moral
and decent man, must be that Mennonite upbringing. And, of course,
being the moral and decent man that he is, I look forward to his
returning the $500K in donations he took for his legal defense fund,
and his refunding everyone who bought his book where he bald-facedly
lied that he never doped in the 2006 TDF and never saw anyone else
doping. I also assume that he will publicly state that he has no
intention of profiting in any way from his recent revelations, because
to do so would give the appearance of opportunism. I also assume that
he will return the prize money he won in all events where he doped,
long before he was caught in '06. The guy is a saint.

Brad "Floyd is a Hero" Anders

DA74

May 20, 2010, 11:03:05 AM5/20/10

LIke Vaughters will tell you. It was pre-Garmin Zabriske while he was
still riding for Riis. Zabriske is CLEAN BRO!!!

You're Welcome,
DA74

Zeno

May 20, 2010, 11:16:26 AM5/20/10

Well said. According to Floyd, US Postal was able to run a well oiled
and very extensive doping machine encompassing the entire team, using
a wide variety of techniques and run by it's director and known to
"cycling officials" for many years without being discovered. Thank
God someone with a spotless reputation and history of veracity has
come forward to break this silent conspiracy.

Floyd gives so much detail, it has to be true! I especially like the
part where he says that when he was recovering from his serious hip
surgery that, vampire-like, his blood was taken for use in the Tour.
And the part about LA, probably the most microscopically examined
rider in the World, kept blood in his closet in his apartment and did
blood extraction in his living room is wonderful.

Zeno

K. Fred Gauss

May 20, 2010, 11:26:53 AM5/20/10
Keith wrote:

> Wonder whether Landis has any pictures or other evidence to support
> his claims...I'm guess he does...

We know that everything you type is guesswork and fantasy.

K. Fred Gauss

May 20, 2010, 11:28:04 AM5/20/10

Very nice.

cur...@the-md-russells.org

May 20, 2010, 11:28:12 AM5/20/10
On Thu, 20 May 2010 06:13:18 -0700 (PDT), Anton Berlin
<truth...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I would think the time lag and the fact its from a newpaper that
>should have a pretty strong editorial process, research and legal
>department gives it 100% veracity.

That's possible, but one doesn't lead to the other. If the WSJ
reported that THEY had evidence of LA doping, you can be pretty sure
that they had insured that their evidence protected them to the point
that they could defend the probably veracity (nothing is 100%) and
protected their right to report under U.S. laws. Reporting that
someone else is making the allegations only means that they verified
that, uh, someone else is making the allegations.

Dumbass

May 20, 2010, 11:33:02 AM5/20/10

I hope so, his last one was a great work of fiction.

Steve Freides

May 20, 2010, 11:33:16 AM5/20/10

Makes an interesting explanation of everything until such time as
Flandis speaks.

-S-

cur...@the-md-russells.org

May 20, 2010, 11:36:12 AM5/20/10

He cannot be held responsible for his actions before he turned toward
the light. It is enough that he is making a clean breast of things and
putting all this trauma behind him. Otherwise, he might find himself
in some sleazy motel robbing sports memorabilia dealers of their
ill-gotten gains someday.

I, for one, am ready to bid on the bike that he rode when he won the
Tour de France. Or maybe one of those water bottles.

Zeno

May 20, 2010, 11:39:30 AM5/20/10
On May 20, 9:28 am, cur...@the-md-russells.org wrote:
> On Thu, 20 May 2010 06:13:18 -0700 (PDT), Anton Berlin
>
> Reporting that
> someone else is making the allegations only means that they verified
> that, uh, someone else is making the allegations.
>
> Curtis L. Russell
> Odenton, MD (USA)
> Just someone on two wheels...

True. On reflection, it should be obvious that when Floyd sent out
all these emails to a diverse group of people, including officials,
that he assumed it would be only a matter of time before they were
either leaked or made public. By doing it this way, he is trying to
give the impression that he is coming clean to the the right people
for the good of the sport, rather than simply running tom the press
and doing a "tell all" for publicity.

Zeno

Anton Berlin

May 20, 2010, 11:46:31 AM5/20/10

Splendid RBR irony Brad -well done.

Fred Flintstein

May 20, 2010, 11:48:03 AM5/20/10

I bought Freddy Maertens' tell-all book back in the day.
According to Freddy everyone was doped to the gills
except him. He was just a poor innocent boy, trying to
naively navigate a path through all the corruption.

It was such horseshit. When I finished it I felt guilty
about providing him some income by buying it.

I won't make that mistake with Floyd. I'll leave that
to Lafferty.

Fred Flintstein

Mike Jacoubowsky

May 20, 2010, 11:54:26 AM5/20/10
"Anton Berlin" <truth...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

If it's true, there's going to be a money trail. No way something this
big could go on without a really substantial money trail. A big enough
money trail that the Feds would get involved. Floyd mentioned $90k/year,
just for himself. This makes the baseball stuff look pretty
insignificant. If it's all true.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Michael Press

May 20, 2010, 4:11:30 PM5/20/10
In article <oa9av5t04oi9l38q7...@4ax.com>,
Keith <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 May 2010 04:33:31 -0700 (PDT), Henry
> <snogfest_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> >On May 20, 5:28 pm, raamman <raam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405274870369180457525541085532...
> >
> >so *now* he's telling the whole truth.
>
> He's certainly more believable

Only because he is saying things you want to hear.
Do you think Floyd Landis is more trustworthy than
he has been since 2006?

> now than he was 4 years ago. Question
> is whether Bruyneel, Armstrong and Andy Rihs will be asked to comment
> about this.
>
> I'm guessing we'll have a "I have no specific recollection" answer.

Now you are guessing.

> Wonder whether Landis has any pictures or other evidence to support
> his claims...I'm guess he does...

Always keep your sense of wonder.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press

May 20, 2010, 4:23:24 PM5/20/10
In article
<94d5946a-58ff-4399...@g5g2000pre.googlegroups.com>,
Zeno <zwarbi...@zenoswarbirdvideos.com> wrote:

I am looking forward to the part where
Lance "Mr Smartypant" Armstrong has all
those TdF victories vacated, and has to
give back the stuffed lions. That will
show him that cheaters never win.

--
Michael Press

Betty Munro

May 20, 2010, 11:14:35 AM5/20/10

Anton Berlin wrote:
> I would think the time lag and the fact its from a newpaper that
> should have a pretty strong editorial process, research and legal
> department gives it 100% veracity.

50/50

Betty Munro

May 20, 2010, 11:11:00 AM5/20/10
z, fred wrote:
> Maybe Floyd's email account was hacked.

Lafferty strikes back.

Betty Munro

May 20, 2010, 4:55:23 PM5/20/10
z, fred wrote:
> Maybe Floyd's email account was hacked.

Lafferty strikes back.

Betty Munro

May 20, 2010, 4:55:58 PM5/20/10

Anton Berlin wrote:
> I would think the time lag and the fact its from a newpaper that
> should have a pretty strong editorial process, research and legal
> department gives it 100% veracity.

50/50

Betty Munro

May 20, 2010, 5:06:58 PM5/20/10
raamman wrote:
> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703691804575255410855321120.html

If he did send these emails, why the fuck couldn't he wait until July so
rbr could get a double hits from his emails and the inevitable doping
scandal.

Betty Munro

May 20, 2010, 5:05:00 PM5/20/10
cur...@the-md-russells.org wrote:
> He cannot be held responsible for his actions before he turned toward
> the light. It is enough that he is making a clean breast of things

Now you're hurling allegations at Liz the rbr sex symbol.

K. Fred Gauss

May 20, 2010, 7:21:32 PM5/20/10

I'm guessing that Landis also has a signed confession by the Boston
Strangler!

cur...@the-md-russells.org

May 21, 2010, 6:53:19 AM5/21/10
On Thu, 20 May 2010 23:05:00 +0200, Betty Munro <no...@mailinator.com>
wrote:

Never hurled an alligator, but I once coughed up a couple of insects.