Theory of evolution proved

ilan

Jul 8, 2011, 10:26:45 AM7/8/11

atriage

Jul 8, 2011, 10:48:25 AM7/8/11
On 08/07/2011 15:26, ilan wrote:
> http://abcnews.go.com/US/york-rider-dies-protesting-motorcycle-helmet-law/story?id=13993417

LMAO...You couldn't make it up.

Phil H

Jul 8, 2011, 8:06:51 PM7/8/11
On Jul 8, 7:26 am, ilan <ilan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://abcnews.go.com/US/york-rider-dies-protesting-motorcycle-helmet...
>
> -ilan

This only works if the subject has not procreated? He was 55 years old
and has done all the procreating he's going to do.
Phil H

ilan

Jul 8, 2011, 8:47:20 PM7/8/11

Just another creationist counter-argument.

-ilan

Phil H

Jul 8, 2011, 11:02:42 PM7/8/11

There's nothing wrong with the theory of evolution; it's your proof
that sucks.
Phil H

Frederick the Great

Jul 9, 2011, 1:20:30 AM7/9/11
In article
<405e8ffb-f4c6-4776...@a31g2000vbt.googlegroups.com>,
ilan <ila...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://abcnews.go.com/US/york-rider-dies-protesting-motorcycle-helmet-law/story?id=13993417

"The medical expert we discussed the case with who
pronounced him deceased stated that he would've no
doubt survived the accident had he been wearing a
helmet," state Trooper Jack Keller told ABC News 9 in Syracuse.

Drivel.

--
Old Fritz

atriage

Jul 9, 2011, 3:39:40 PM7/9/11

Police said Philip A. Contos, 55, hit his brakes and his motorcycle fishtailed.
Contos was sent over the handlebars of his 1983 Harley Davidson and hit his head
on the pavement.

> "The medical expert we discussed the case with who
> pronounced him deceased stated that he would've no
> doubt survived the accident had he been wearing a
> helmet," state Trooper Jack Keller told ABC News 9 in Syracuse.
>
> Drivel.

I reinstated the bit you cut, he wasn't wearing a helmet, hit his head on the
pavement and died of the injury, a helmet would EASILY have prevented said
injury. Easy to comprehend or what?

Phil H

Jul 9, 2011, 4:23:21 PM7/9/11
On Jul 9, 12:39 pm, atriage <atri...@notvalid.net> wrote:
> On 09/07/2011 06:20, Frederick the Great wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <405e8ffb-f4c6-4776-b3cc-ce9aca161...@a31g2000vbt.googlegroups.com>,
> Police said Philip A. Contos, 55, hit his brakes and his motorcycle fishtailed.
> Contos was sent over the handlebars of his 1983 Harley Davidson and hit his head
> on the pavement.
>
> > "The medical expert we discussed the case with who
> > pronounced him deceased stated that he would've no
> > doubt survived the accident had he been wearing a
> > helmet," state Trooper Jack Keller told ABC News 9 in Syracuse.
>
> > Drivel.
>
> I reinstated the bit you cut, he wasn't wearing a helmet, hit his head on the
> pavement and died of the injury, a helmet would EASILY have prevented said
> injury. Easy to comprehend or what?
>
> --

It's not a simple thing to deduce. A helmet won't necessarily reduce
the decceleration to a survivable level. You are better off with one
but they don't make you invincible.
Phil H

atriage

Jul 9, 2011, 4:35:02 PM7/9/11

Yeah well, in my life I've written four of them off, two on motorcycles and two
on bicycles and they undoubtedly saved my sorry ass on each occasion. However I
don't think they should be compulsory, if other people don't want to wear them
that's their choice. Just don't expect the taxpayer to pick up the bill for the
surgery they would have saved on most occasions.

BL

Jul 9, 2011, 6:16:19 PM7/9/11
I agree that adults should have the choice of whether or not to become
an organ donor.

atriage

Jul 9, 2011, 6:24:11 PM7/9/11

Quite so, I was amused to hear a cop in England desrcibe a motorcyclist that had
just gone by as a "mobile organ donor"...That's me too, but hey, a life without
risk is gonna be pretty boring.

BL

Jul 9, 2011, 6:57:44 PM7/9/11
Last year, I left the house without my helmet. Got a few blocks and
realized it felt too good. Went back for the helmet. If I hit 70, I'll
start riding without.

Michael Press

Jul 9, 2011, 7:07:43 PM7/9/11
In article <M4idncpfeo7jM4XT...@brightview.co.uk>,
atriage <atr...@notvalid.net> wrote:

Let's see a complete forensic report of a complete post-mortem examination;
not how some interested party paraphrased some expert.

--
Michael Press

Ben Trovato

Jul 9, 2011, 8:08:18 PM7/9/11

What if the choice is between being an organ donor or a vegetable?

Bob Martin

Jul 10, 2011, 3:10:25 AM7/10/11
in 656242 20110709 231619 BL <b...@verizon.net> wrote:

>I agree that adults should have the choice of whether or not to become
>an organ donor.

I've always believed that one's life belongs to others.
Your wife and children should have a say in how you risk your life.

atriage

Jul 10, 2011, 5:07:24 AM7/10/11
If you (or anyone else) was told by some incredibly advanced aliens that they
were going to recreate that crash exactly as it happened but with you (or anyone
else) as the subject and all you could choose was whether or not you would wear
a helmet what would you (or anyone else) choose to do when the chips were down?
My money is on *everyone* including you choosing to wear a Helmet. People who
don't wear helmets are a bit like smokers and crack addicts...in denial that
likely consequences of their actions 'will happen to me'.

RicodJour

Jul 10, 2011, 10:07:00 AM7/10/11
On Jul 9, 7:07 pm, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> In article <M4idncpfeo7jM4XTnZ2dnUVZ7tCdn...@brightview.co.uk>,

>  atriage <atri...@notvalid.net> wrote:
> > On 09/07/2011 06:20, Frederick the Great wrote:
> > > In article
> > Police said Philip A. Contos, 55, hit his brakes and his motorcycle fishtailed.
> > Contos was sent over the handlebars of his 1983 Harley Davidson and hit his head
> > on the pavement.
> > > "The medical expert we discussed the case with who
> > > pronounced him deceased stated that he would've no
> > > doubt survived the accident had he been wearing a
> > > helmet," state Trooper Jack Keller told ABC News 9 in Syracuse.
>
> > > Drivel.
>
> > I reinstated the bit you cut, he wasn't wearing a helmet, hit his head on the
> > pavement and died of the injury, a helmet would EASILY have prevented said
> > injury. Easy to comprehend or what?
>
> Let's see a complete forensic report of a complete post-mortem examination;
> not how some interested party paraphrased some expert.

Nice Birther argument. Or is it a Tea Party argument?
Creationist...?

I want to hear from an expert!
{expert provides support to the contrary position}
I don't want OPINIONS from the biased media/party! I want FACTS.
{facts providing support for the contrary position introduced}
I don't need no steenkin' facts!

Michael Press

Jul 10, 2011, 2:38:57 PM7/10/11
In article
<bd598598-af9c-4ffa...@h4g2000vbw.googlegroups.com>,
RicodJour <rico...@aol.com> wrote:

Believe what you will.

--
Michael Press

RicodJour

Jul 10, 2011, 2:58:42 PM7/10/11
On Jul 10, 2:38 pm, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:

Have you ever bitten the road on a motorcycle?
Do you believe that the foam hairbags used in cycling are more or less
protective than a motorcycle hardshell helmet?

Frederick the Great

Jul 10, 2011, 5:56:18 PM7/10/11
In article
<fd91fd11-6f63-4f0a...@y13g2000yqy.googlegroups.com>,
RicodJour <rico...@aol.com> wrote:

Change of subject. We have no evidence supporting
the claim of Trooper Jack Keller.

--
Old Fritz

Anton Berlin

Jul 10, 2011, 6:09:39 PM7/10/11
It's a good thing that mainly the young and stupid don't wear
helmets. They have organs and brains can't be transplanted yet.

Works out well for everyone.

RicodJour

Jul 10, 2011, 8:18:54 PM7/10/11

There's good evidence that your opinion does not outweigh that of
people on the scene. Unless, of course, you're invoking the Usenet
Omniscient clause.

Motorcycles are not bicycles, and the helmets are night and day. Any
attempt to equate the two, and or the comparative benefits/
liabilities, is mental masturbation. Extrapolating that to a
particular situation of which you have exactly no information is
mental masturbation and you're leaving some jizz dripping off the
keyboard. Gross and avoidable.

Frederick the Great

Jul 10, 2011, 11:41:59 PM7/10/11
In article
<e4beee36-92d0-437e...@e35g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
RicodJour <rico...@aol.com> wrote:

You continue to miss the point.
I did not express an opinion.

--
Old Fritz

RicodJour

Jul 11, 2011, 1:35:31 AM7/11/11
On Jul 10, 11:41 pm, Frederick the Great <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> In article
> <e4beee36-92d0-437e-8f69-305e3b67a...@e35g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,

Your point was that "we have no evidence supporting the claim of
Trooper Jack Keller."
My point is that your point is pretty much without merit. Unless
there is evidence that Trooper Jack Keller is a liar I'm taking him at
his word.

"Jim Hedlund of the Governors Highway Safety Association told the
Associated Press that a helmet meeting federal standards reduces the
chance of fatality in an accident by more than 40 percent.

Still, ABATE believes each motorcyclist should have a choice how they
ride.

"Mandatory helmet laws do nothing to prevent accidents," it says on
the ABATE of New York website. "The decision on when to wear a helmet
while operating a motorcycle should remain with each responsible adult
rider."

...helmet laws do nothing to prevent an accidents. Sheesh. Great
counter argument.

Here's a little more on the story:
http://blog.syracuse.com/opinion/2011/07/helmet_laws_death_of_protestin.html

Seems the guy looked down to see if his boot laces were tied, and the
rest made him history.

atriage

Jul 11, 2011, 3:51:23 AM7/11/11
On 11/07/2011 06:35, RicodJour wrote:

> Seems the guy looked down to see if his boot laces were tied,

Yeah and he was trying to chew gum at the same time, bound to be terminal. :)

Frederick the Great

Jul 11, 2011, 5:39:15 AM7/11/11
In article
<86ac76fd-c015-4c58...@fq4g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,

You are at liberty to do so. I want evidence.
Putting the word `liar' in there is unwarranted.

So now you retract your assertion that I expressed an opinion.

--
Old Fritz

Simply Fred

Jul 11, 2011, 6:00:32 AM7/11/11

Frederick the Great wrote:
> Change of subject. We have no evidence supporting
> the claim of Trooper Jack Keller.

Goody, a helmet thread. July just wouldn't be complete without a helmet
thread.

BTW I'm thinking of scrapping my Campag and getting Ultegra DI.

RicodJour

Jul 11, 2011, 9:16:56 AM7/11/11

I want candy. Not sure why, but that song is rattling around in my
head.

> Putting the word `liar' in there is unwarranted.

If Jesus came off the cross and told you personally that the guy would
have lived if he wore a helmet, would you still need - sorry, want
evidence? Not evidence that it was Jesus - that's a given, but
evidence backing up a reputable source's firsthand account? You seem
to be saying yes, which is calling Trooper Jack Keller's veracity into
question.

Or is it that you always want evidence, regardless of the source?
What about the person that gathered or created the evidence? What
evidence do you need that their evidence is evident?

> So now you retract your assertion that I expressed an opinion.

No, that was a general assertion about your opinion in general,
General. :)~

RicodJour

Jul 11, 2011, 9:21:28 AM7/11/11
On Jul 11, 6:00 am, Simply Fred <n...@mailinator.com> wrote:
> Frederick the Great wrote:
>
> > Change of subject. We have no evidence supporting
> > the claim of Trooper Jack Keller.
>
> Goody, a helmet thread. July just wouldn't be complete without a helmet
> thread.

This is an evidentiary hearing on evidence that is only tangently
about helmets. It could just as well be about power meters or women
drivers.

> BTW I'm thinking of scrapping my Campag and getting Ultegra DI.

If you go around saying 'Campag' you should get rid of it. Half the
fun is getting that -gnolo (with the correct pronunciation) in there
at the end. If you can't transmit effete, over-educated, snobbish
Fred with an -gnolo at the end, then you're doing it wrong.

But try SRAM. It sounds wrong no matter how you pronounce it.

HankB

Jul 11, 2011, 11:24:51 AM7/11/11
On Sunday, July 10, 2011 4:07:24 AM UTC-5, atriage wrote:

> If you (or anyone else) was told by some incredibly advanced aliens that they
> were going to recreate that crash exactly as it happened [...]

I bow down to our incredibly advanced alien accident recreating overlords!

atriage

Jul 11, 2011, 11:32:40 AM7/11/11
And so you should, the whole fucking history of mankind is all their work.

atriage

Jul 11, 2011, 11:35:16 AM7/11/11
Those guys must have sat around for weeks trying to come up with the stOOpidest
name in the history of cycling.

atriage

Jul 11, 2011, 11:36:42 AM7/11/11
On 11/07/2011 10:39, Frederick the Grate wrote:
I want evidence.

You want shagging up the arse with a broken bottle.

Simply Fred

Jul 11, 2011, 4:17:12 PM7/11/11

atriage wrote:
> And so you should, the whole fucking history of mankind is all their work.

Including all those fjords.

RicodJour

Jul 11, 2011, 4:47:02 PM7/11/11

Won an award, they did.

Jimmy July

Jul 11, 2011, 5:50:23 PM7/11/11

But not the chjevys.

Michael Press

Jul 12, 2011, 2:01:40 PM7/12/11
In article
<3380bfe4-964b-4b9d...@a10g2000vbz.googlegroups.com>,
RicodJour <rico...@aol.com> wrote:

> On Jul 11, 5:39 am, Frederick the Great <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> >  RicodJour <ricodj...@aol.com> wrote:

> > > Your point was that "we have no evidence supporting the claim of
> > > Trooper Jack Keller."
> > > My point is that your point is pretty much without merit.  Unless
> > > there is evidence that Trooper Jack Keller is a liar I'm taking him at
> > > his word.
> >
> > You are at liberty to do so. I want evidence.
>
> I want candy. Not sure why, but that song is rattling around in my
> head.

If you ever get near the point I will let you know.

> > Putting the word `liar' in there is unwarranted.
>
> If Jesus came off the cross and told you personally that the guy would
> have lived if he wore a helmet, would you still need - sorry, want
> evidence? Not evidence that it was Jesus - that's a given, but
> evidence backing up a reputable source's firsthand account? You seem
> to be saying yes, which is calling Trooper Jack Keller's veracity into
> question.

Religious twaddle.

> Or is it that you always want evidence, regardless of the source?
> What about the person that gathered or created the evidence? What
> evidence do you need that their evidence is evident?
>
> > So now you retract your assertion that I expressed an opinion.
>
> No, that was a general assertion about your opinion in general,
> General. :)~

Secular twaddle.

--
Michael Press