LA will not race the Tour

Fred

Jun 6, 2010, 1:26:52 PM6/6/10

He's not going to set foot in France. Especially with allegations that he was
involved in organized doping on French soil as both a rider and team owner.
They are champing at the bit to get him into an interrogation room.

Amit Ghosh

Jun 6, 2010, 1:43:01 PM6/6/10

dumbass,

how are the recent allegations worse that what armstrong endured in
the past ? the walsh stuff, the betsey andreu stuff, the andreu
vaughters chat ? the 1999 LNDD stuff ?

B. Lafferty

Jun 6, 2010, 1:44:33 PM6/6/10
Think about it a while longer and get back to us. If you haven't
figured it out with additional thinking cap time, we'll explain it to you.

Fred Flintstein

Jun 6, 2010, 2:08:32 PM6/6/10

Consider also the potential for damage to a French company and
the French tourism industry. If you were to calculate the winners
and losers in this scenario, a big winner would be the Giro, the
sport's biggest and most important event. The one all the top
riders would never miss.

Fred Flintstein

DA74

Jun 6, 2010, 2:23:36 PM6/6/10
On Jun 6, 11:08 am, Fred Flintstein <bob.schwa...@sbcREMOVEglobal.net>
wrote:

This post makes no sense. What French company? Why would the tourism
industry suffer? Why would the Giro win? What does all this have to do
with Lance being questioned by the French authorities? If you recall
the race did just fine without him.

Please expound or SFTU.

Thanks,
DA74

Amit Ghosh

Jun 6, 2010, 2:32:59 PM6/6/10
On Jun 6, 2:08 pm, Fred Flintstein <bob.schwa...@sbcREMOVEglobal.net>
wrote:

> Consider also the potential for damage to a French company and
> the French tourism industry. If you were to calculate the winners
> and losers in this scenario, a big winner would be the Giro, the
> sport's biggest and most important event. The one all the top
> riders would never miss.

dumbass,

the tour is the tour and the giro will never come close to the level
of exposure.

the tour has already had numerous scandals, the biggest was floyd
landis, but the rasmussen thing happened the year after and neither of
those had any impact on the stature of the event.

K. Fred Gauss

Jun 6, 2010, 3:15:39 PM6/6/10
Fred wrote:
> He's not going to set foot in France.

Sure he will.

> Especially with allegations that he was
> involved in organized doping on French soil as both a rider and team owner.

Those allegations never kept him away before. There's no reason to
believe they will now.

> They are champing at the bit to get him into an interrogation room.

Who is "they"? What's their motive? If Lafferty were a French cop in a
position of authority, this would make perfect sense. But he's not, so
it's unclear who you are casting in that role.

Betty Munro

Jun 6, 2010, 3:22:31 PM6/6/10
K. Fred Gauss wrote:
> If Lafferty were a French cop in a position of authority, this would make perfect sense.

The return of the Pink Panther.

Fred Flintstein

Jun 6, 2010, 4:04:51 PM6/6/10
DA74 wrote:
> Please expound or SFTU.

Dude. Suck it.

Thanks,

Fred Flintstein

Fred Flintstein

Jun 6, 2010, 4:04:55 PM6/6/10

What the original poster was projecting was that a foreign
witch hunt could lead to arrest and detention in France.
That's not true, but if it were I think you would find a
much lower degree of enthusiasm among top riders for racing
the Tour. For example, how could a LANCE scandal not also
threaten Contador?

I was just pointing out that the original poster was thinking
with the wrong organ.

Fred Flintstein

Amit Ghosh

Jun 6, 2010, 5:31:21 PM6/6/10
On Jun 6, 4:04 pm, Fred Flintstein <bob.schwa...@sbcREMOVEglobal.net>
wrote:
> Amit Ghosh wrote:

> What the original poster was projecting was that a foreign
> witch hunt could lead to arrest and detention in France.
> That's not true, but if it were I think you would find a
> much lower degree of enthusiasm among top riders for racing
> the Tour. For example, how could a LANCE scandal not also
> threaten Contador?

dumbass,

contador is the teflon don. how did his entire team (incluing the
manager) get implicated in puerto but he was unscathed ?

B. Lafferty

Jun 6, 2010, 6:40:55 PM6/6/10
In the event that you forgot, the inspector always got his man.

Anton Berlin

Jun 6, 2010, 6:57:05 PM6/6/10
On Jun 6, 1:08 pm, Fred Flintstein <bob.schwa...@sbcREMOVEglobal.net>
wrote:

You've got a point... the USA and the Hollywood have struggled and
suffered without Roman Polanski's presence.

I hope she was a lot hotter at 13 ,,,, kind of looks like a fat
Jessica Lange.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-5349005-504083.html

bar

Jun 6, 2010, 7:33:52 PM6/6/10

the Pistolero is clean, bro. Get over it. If LANCE comes to France,
he'll get his monkey ass blown away, not by french authorities, but by
the Pistolero ... did you see him smoke that prologue today? LANCE
doesn't want any of that ...

drmofe

Jun 6, 2010, 9:10:38 PM6/6/10

Where is h squared when you need her?
Oh, not that sort of Pink Panther.

drmofe

Jun 6, 2010, 9:16:02 PM6/6/10

What would be hilarious would be to see protestors along the route
holding up pictures of batteries with "Electricite" rather than "Dope"

Michael Press

Jun 6, 2010, 9:34:38 PM6/6/10
In article
<252f85ff-fccd-45c2...@f13g2000vbm.googlegroups.com>,
Amit Ghosh <amit....@gmail.com> wrote:

He is clean; squeaky clean.

--
Michael Press

NoDannyNo

Jun 6, 2010, 10:44:21 PM6/6/10
On Jun 6, 1:26 pm, "Fred" <n00sp...@n00spam.c0m> wrote:

What're yoo clowns gunna do when da Uni-Baller wins #8 by more than 5
minutes and passes every piss-test with flying colors? The LANCE is
unimpeachable. BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

Brad Anders

Jun 6, 2010, 11:03:43 PM6/6/10

I wonder how much the TdF profited last year from having LANCE back in
the race?

Brad Anders

Fred Flintstein

Jun 6, 2010, 11:24:22 PM6/6/10

I remember contacting a tourism agency the year of the
Alpe d'Huez TT and being told there was nothing
available in the entire valley. I'll bet that wasn't
the case the year that CFE and Sastre were duking it
out.

Fred Flintstein

Mark J.

Jun 6, 2010, 11:48:40 PM6/6/10

God, it really is July, isn't it.

MJ

DA74

Jun 6, 2010, 11:59:04 PM6/6/10
On Jun 6, 1:04 pm, Fred Flintstein <bob.schwa...@sbcREMOVEglobal.net>
wrote:

I thought we already went through this. OK here we go again:

First you'd have to produce that diminutive gob of shriveled hanging
flesh which is highly unlikely since you haven't actually laid eyes
or
hands on it since the Reagan years due to the copious amounts of
retroperitoneal lard impeding your access.

Since you're not going to STFU please expound or produce it.

Thanks,
DA74

Francesco del Ponte

Jun 7, 2010, 12:37:27 AM6/7/10

It was the case.
FdP

>Fred Flintstein

Betty Munro

Jun 7, 2010, 5:03:41 AM6/7/10

Mark J. wrote:
> God, it really is July, isn't it.

Global warming.

Fred Flintstein

Jun 7, 2010, 9:44:19 AM6/7/10

Fockstick,

So you are claiming to not understand that the Tour is
run by a French company?

Suck it.

Fred Flintstein

F. Kurgan Gringioni

Jun 7, 2010, 10:23:26 AM6/7/10

wrote:

:: the tour has already had numerous scandals, the biggest was floyd

:: landis, but the rasmussen thing happened the year after and neither of
:: those had any impact on the stature of the event.

Dumbass -

IMO, the 1998 Festina scandal dwarfed the Floyd scandal.

thanks,

Fred. presented by Gringioni.

B. Lafferty

Jun 7, 2010, 10:36:31 AM6/7/10
At present, I agree. However, If Armstrong goes down it will turn out
to be the biggest TdF scandal ever, presented by Floyd.

Amit Ghosh

Jun 7, 2010, 12:24:14 PM6/7/10
On Jun 7, 10:23 am, "F. Kurgan Gringioni" <kgringi...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> "Amit Ghosh" <amit.gh...@gmail.com> wrote in message

dumbass,

yeah, i was thinking that, but on the other hand the landis scandal
directly affected the result.

Amit Ghosh

Jun 7, 2010, 12:26:43 PM6/7/10
On Jun 7, 10:36 am, "B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> At present, I agree.  However, If Armstrong goes down it will turn out
> to be the biggest TdF scandal ever, presented by Floyd.

dumbass,

only in your lanceocentric world.

he last won five years ago, no matter what happens it is basically
history and won't affect the interest in the race in the future.