Contador update

DirtRoadie

Nov 17, 2010, 10:21:57 AM11/17/10

Brad Anders

Nov 17, 2010, 11:12:11 AM11/17/10
On Nov 17, 8:21 am, DirtRoadie <DirtRoa...@aol.com> wrote:
> For anyone who cares and who hasn't already seen Contador related news
> for today:
>
> http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-17/tour-champion-alberto-contad...
>
> and
>
> the El Pais linkhttp://www.elpais.com/articulo/english/Contador/s/future/at/stake/aft...
>
> DR

Just a matter of time before the inquiry absolves him of all blame,
regardless of evidence. Too much at stake here to have Contador be
banned and lose his TdF title.

Brad Anders

Fred Flintstein

Nov 17, 2010, 11:33:37 AM11/17/10

He has to lose the TfF title. Blame isn't relevant, if it
was in his system it doesn't matter how it got there.

So he loses the title, then he skates.

Fred Flintstein

--D-y

Nov 17, 2010, 11:54:39 AM11/17/10
On Nov 17, 10:33 am, Fred Flintstein

Well, we really won't know until we hear moo-- I mean more, will we?
--D-y

Mike Jacoubowsky

Nov 17, 2010, 3:35:26 PM11/17/10
"--D-y" <dusto...@mac.com> wrote in message
======

Well, we really won't know until we hear moo-- I mean more, will we?
--D-y
======

I retract my initial statement that Contador would likely get three months
and lose his title. Alberto's going for broke, and is going to lose
everything. The title and two years. The positive side is that gives him *3*
virtual wins without having to compete in two of them. Plus another virtual
win when Astana wasn't allowed in the 'Tour. He's closing in fast on Greg.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Kurgan Gringioni

Nov 17, 2010, 5:01:41 PM11/17/10

"Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com> wrote in message

:
: I retract my initial statement that Contador would likely get three months

: and lose his title. Alberto's going for broke, and is going to lose
: everything. The title and two years. The positive side is that gives him
*3*
: virtual wins without having to compete in two of them. Plus another
virtual
: win when Astana wasn't allowed in the 'Tour. He's closing in fast on Greg.

Dumbass -

LemonD has at least 40 virtual wins. He's got the biggest VO2 max right?
Whomever has the biggest VO2 max gets the win.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Anton Berlin

Nov 17, 2010, 8:06:50 PM11/17/10

> LemonD has at least 40 virtual wins. He's got the biggest VO2 max right?
> Whomever has the biggest VO2 max gets the win.
>
> thanks,
>
> Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

It's rumored there are chickens in Benelux with higher VO2s then
Lemond.

Beloved Fred No. 1

Nov 18, 2010, 4:58:14 AM11/18/10
Anton Berlin wrote:
> It's rumored there are chickens in Benelux with higher VO2s then
> Lemond.

Pigeons actually.

DirtRoadie

Nov 18, 2010, 2:16:58 PM11/18/10
On Nov 17, 1:35 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:

> I retract my initial statement that Contador would likely get three months
> and lose his title. Alberto's going for broke, and is going to lose
> everything. The title and two years. The positive side is that gives him *3*
> virtual wins without having to compete in two of them. Plus another virtual
> win when Astana wasn't allowed in the 'Tour. He's closing in fast on Greg.

Is there a category for "unearned" wins? Pereiro and perhaps Schleck?
Maybe even Jan will be able to join the club.
DR

Brad Anders

Nov 18, 2010, 3:50:29 PM11/18/10

If you're looking for birds with a really high VO2max, you've got to
go with the hummingbird, > 500 ml/kg/min.

A. Dumas

Nov 18, 2010, 3:59:00 PM11/18/10
Brad Anders wrote:

> On Nov 18, 2:58 am, "Beloved Fred No. 1" wrote:
>> Anton Berlin wrote:
>>> It's rumored there are chickens in Benelux with higher VO2s then
>>> Lemond.
>> Pigeons actually.
>
> If you're looking for birds with a really high VO2max, you've got to
> go with the hummingbird, > 500 ml/kg/min.

Or Emma Pooley.

Beloved Fred No. 1

Nov 18, 2010, 4:02:07 PM11/18/10

Brad Anders wrote:
> If you're looking for birds with a really high VO2max, you've got to
> go with the hummingbird,> 500 ml/kg/min.

But they're clean just like Lemond. The Belgian pigeons however are on
some good shit. In fact Contador should have claimed he ate some Belgian
pigeon instead of Spanish beef.

Carl Sundquist

Nov 18, 2010, 10:34:19 PM11/18/10

Van der Poel already tried that one. http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/15.01/dopingexcuses.html

What about Peruvian candies? Nah, too ludicrous.

raamman

Nov 20, 2010, 5:12:49 AM11/20/10
On Nov 17, 11:33 am, Fred Flintstein

<bob.schwa...@sbcremoveglobal.net> wrote:

> He has to lose the TfF title. Blame isn't relevant, if it
> was in his system it doesn't matter how it got there.
>
> So he loses the title, then he skates.
>
> Fred Flintstein-

well put

Magilla Gorilla

Nov 24, 2010, 10:51:59 PM11/24/10
DirtRoadie wrote:

I already reported Contador's doping back in August:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_thread/thread/5adb4da9dec3e242?tvc=2

Magilla

DirtRoadie

Nov 24, 2010, 11:24:42 PM11/24/10
On Nov 24, 8:51 pm, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:
> DirtRoadie wrote:
> > For anyone who cares and who hasn't already seen Contador related news
> > for today:
>
> >http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-17/tour-champion-alberto-contad...

> > and
>
> > the El Pais link
> >http://www.elpais.com/articulo/english/Contador/s/future/at/stake/aft...

> > DR
>
> I already reported Contador's doping back in August:

Yes, old news.
Hence the term "update" - referring to the WADA report.

DR

Amit Ghosh

Nov 25, 2010, 3:56:13 PM11/25/10
On Nov 24, 10:51 pm, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org>
wrote:

> I already reported Contador's doping back in August:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_thread/thre...

dumbass,

somehow contador's manager and almost everyone on his team was
implicated in puerto - so that part isn't surprising.

but i would not have guessed that he would get popped for trace
amounts of clenbuterol.

Fred Fredburger

Nov 27, 2010, 12:11:44 AM11/27/10

Strychnine? I did not know anyone thought it was performance enhancing.
Wikipedia verifies that:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strychnine

Every day's an education.

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Nov 27, 2010, 1:10:10 AM11/27/10
On Nov 26, 10:11 pm, Fred Fredburger

It'll make you jump, it'll make you shout -
It will even knock you out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXtuKsbORVY

Fredmaster Ben