If Andy Hampsten were racing today ...

derf...@gmail.com

May 29, 2010, 11:01:32 PM5/29/10
... would he have gotten another stage win in the snow over the Gavia?

K. Fred Gauss

May 29, 2010, 11:40:11 PM5/29/10
derF...@gmail.com wrote:
> ... would he have gotten another stage win in the snow over the Gavia?

If Armstrong were there, would he have chased down Simoni and forced him
out of the break?

Scott

May 29, 2010, 11:58:31 PM5/29/10
On May 29, 9:40 pm, "K. Fred Gauss" <n...@nowhere.com> wrote:

I think you're confusing Simoni with another Italian cyclist with a
similar name.

Anton Berlin

May 30, 2010, 1:25:56 AM5/30/10
On May 29, 10:40 pm, "K. Fred Gauss" <n...@nowhere.com> wrote:

Simeoni -

http://www.tdfblog.com/2004/07/simeoni_to_laug.html

Betty Munro

May 30, 2010, 6:34:59 AM5/30/10

Scott wrote:
> I think you're confusing Simoni with another Italian cyclist with a
> similar name.

Intentional test of irony detectors perhaps ?

A. Dumas Fred

May 30, 2010, 8:10:18 AM5/30/10
derF...@gmail.com wrote:
> .... would he have gotten another stage win in the snow over the Gavia?

Actually, Joop Zoetemelk won that stage.

K. Fred Gauss

May 30, 2010, 12:06:57 PM5/30/10

No, I'm not.

What do you know about Hampsten's victory on the Gavia?

Scott

May 30, 2010, 12:04:48 PM5/30/10
On May 30, 10:06 am, "K. Fred Gauss"

About as much as you know about global warming. :-)

K. Fred Gauss

May 30, 2010, 12:20:16 PM5/30/10

I hate to spoil your illusions, but:

Hampsten didn't REALLY win the stage over the Gavia. This thread is
based on something that happened, but then got twisted into something
else and is now reported inaccurately.

Knowing this, I substituted Simoni for Simeoni because it fits with the
thread and the facts of yesterday's stage. I can see how this would have
confused you if you thought this thread was about real things that
actually happened.

Your cognitive abilities are a couple standard deviations below the
norm. You should frame your responses accordingly.

B. Lafferty

May 30, 2010, 12:52:36 PM5/30/10
On 5/29/2010 11:01 PM, derF...@gmail.com wrote:
> ... would he have gotten another stage win in the snow over the Gavia?
That's difficult to answer given the conditions in which he won. More
generally, I don't see Hampsten being competitive in today's doping
environment. Recall that Hampsten joined Lemond in calling for cleaning
up the sport. Hampsten has also spoken of his reduced goals in the face
of doping and his discussions with Dr. Max Testa regarding same.

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

May 30, 2010, 1:13:30 PM5/30/10
On May 30, 9:52 am, "B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On 5/29/2010 11:01 PM, derFah...@gmail.com wrote:> ... would he have gotten another stage win in the snow over the Gavia?

Whoosh!

DA74

May 30, 2010, 1:16:17 PM5/30/10

Or to flush out the assburgers.

cur...@the-md-russells.org

May 30, 2010, 1:30:14 PM5/30/10
On Sun, 30 May 2010 09:20:16 -0700, "K. Fred Gauss"
<Som...@Somewhere.You.Dont.Wanna.Be> wrote:

>Your cognitive abilities are a couple standard deviations below the
>norm. You should frame your responses accordingly.

The Norm is an rbr icon and could really hold his beer. Perhaps you
are thinking about Cliffie.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

K. Fred Gauss

May 30, 2010, 2:44:20 PM5/30/10
cur...@the-md-russells.org wrote:
> On Sun, 30 May 2010 09:20:16 -0700, "K. Fred Gauss"
> <Som...@Somewhere.You.Dont.Wanna.Be> wrote:
>
>> Your cognitive abilities are a couple standard deviations below the
>> norm. You should frame your responses accordingly.
>
> The Norm is an rbr icon and could really hold his beer. Perhaps you
> are thinking about Cliffie.

I'll bet Anton could drink Norm under the table.

z, fred

May 30, 2010, 2:49:38 PM5/30/10

He might do something to Norm under the table.

Frederick the Great

May 30, 2010, 3:02:58 PM5/30/10
In article <e8qdnTHVsY1pCp_R...@giganews.com>,
"B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote:

It's always about you.

--
Old Fritz

K. Fred Gauss

May 30, 2010, 4:07:16 PM5/30/10

Tasteless joke of the day.

Betty Munro

May 30, 2010, 4:07:14 PM5/30/10

Scott wrote:
> About as much as you know about global warming. :-)

You mean Hampsten would never have had his famous victory if global
warming had been around back then.

Betty Munro

May 30, 2010, 4:13:24 PM5/30/10

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni. wrote:
> Whoosh!

Duck, the brute force algorithm is computing solutions.

Betty Munro

May 30, 2010, 4:09:22 PM5/30/10

z, fred wrote:
> He might do something to Norm under the table.

Something abNormal ?

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

May 30, 2010, 5:28:16 PM5/30/10

Amit Ghosh

May 31, 2010, 11:37:24 AM5/31/10
On May 30, 12:52 pm, "B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On 5/29/2010 11:01 PM, derFah...@gmail.com wrote:> ... would he have gotten another stage win in the snow over the Gavia?

> That's difficult to answer given the conditions in which he won.  More
> generally, I don't see Hampsten being competitive in today's doping
> environment.

plus he's in his forties.

B. Lafferty

May 31, 2010, 11:54:00 AM5/31/10
That, too. :-)

Pave Maria

May 31, 2010, 8:10:29 PM5/31/10
On May 29, 8:01 pm, "derFah...@gmail.com" <derfah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... would he have gotten another stage win in the snow over the Gavia?

If Hampsten were racing today he'd be way too old to even, like, keep
up.