Jersey For Road Biking

Chess Gator

May 22, 2011, 8:21:01 PM5/22/11

What are the few best short sleeve cycling jerseys for road biking
approximately 100 kms?

I know there are several companies, such as Sugoi and Louis Garneau.
Each company has so many jerseys, are there a couple that stand out as
the best ones?

And where in Canada or the US is the best place to buy them?

Thank you

Steve Freides

May 22, 2011, 8:59:54 PM5/22/11

You want to ask this question on news:rec.bicycling.clothing or

-S-

NoDannyNo

May 22, 2011, 9:19:45 PM5/22/11

Wait a little while longer and you should be a able to get a killer
deal on all of the leftover Postal, Discovery, and Radio Shack wanna-
be jerseys.

kolldata

May 22, 2011, 9:31:42 PM5/22/11

check to see if Campmor has short sleeves with 80 percent or ?
polyester and rest cotton for dye holding.maybe in dayglo colors. Then
maybe there's polyester specialdyed in dayglo.last year CM had a barn
fulla bright TdF yellow nylon short sleevers.

then see abt poly long sleeves for sun protection. buy a OR goretex
rain hat while there.

I used poly in Florida. 130 degree road temp noprob. The poly/cotton
dayglo's are warm in rain showers then cool off with the cotton
hypothermia when sweating.

these shirts need careful washing in a roller washer wioth dilute dish
soap liquid like Palmolive for longevity and no grease work. if your
working with dirt change shirts wash ahnds after.poly and grease are
inseperable.

kolldata

May 22, 2011, 9:34:26 PM5/22/11
wrong. collector's jersey.

Jay Beattie

May 22, 2011, 9:36:33 PM5/22/11

There is only one place to buy a jersey in the United States. Here:
http://www.oregoncyclewear.com/woolcyclingjerseys.html Get the Widmer
jersey. They make good beer. Support your local jersey and beer
makers.

But seriously, folks, you need to go try on some jerseys. Sugoi runs
large, Louis Garneau runs cheap at Performance. Go down to a shop and
try some on. Many would say that Asos is best because their clothing
is hand made by magical Swiss elves. -- Jay Beattie.

kolldata

May 22, 2011, 9:44:33 PM5/22/11

kolldata

May 22, 2011, 10:05:42 PM5/22/11
the golden Tdf short sleeve from Russel iza bargain. I have several
excellent dye job. when you buy from a campmor buy several or a
lifetime's worth if you have it and want itlike go back again for more
caws there may not be more ever.
last year at the TdC, we ran down to Sacrementos' Arbuttretoreum for a
second stage after Auburn. Columbia ( Campmor) and I believe another
important racer stood up in a line across the blvd and gave us all a
big wave at the 90 end of the park. we were observed by police for ???
after aMom reported us for ??? when we were glooming the trees.

and off course

http://www.rei.com/search?cat=4500124&cat=4500832&hist=cat%2C4500124%3AMen%27s+Cycling+Clothes%5Ecat%2C4500832%3ABike+Jerseys

the poly cotton dayglos may be history.

kolldata

May 22, 2011, 10:13:40 PM5/22/11
New Mexico and Arizona are acceptable but the rest yuk. make ya think
abt getting into the jersey design
biz

ilan

May 22, 2011, 10:30:39 PM5/22/11

This website gives all the required information:
http://www.flammerouge.je/content/0_home/home.htm

-ilan

thirty-six

May 22, 2011, 10:38:49 PM5/22/11

Make sure it closes on your neck arms and hips so no bee can fluster
you. Go for pockets for your inner tube, banana and cereal bar if you
wont use a bar bag. Something pretty, something bright, the choice is
yours. Just be comfortable with yourself that you can wear the design
where you wish to eat or shop when riding. The best place to buy
clothing is where you can try it on for fit. Material choice is
generally not so important with a short sleeve as long as it has some
heat retention for if you get caught riding at dusk.

Message has been deleted

kolldata

May 22, 2011, 11:27:25 PM5/22/11

kolldata

May 22, 2011, 11:28:49 PM5/22/11

HEAT RETENTION !? where are you riding ?

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°

May 22, 2011, 11:29:31 PM5/22/11

Where have you gone, Fabrizio Mazzoleni?

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Anton Berlin

May 22, 2011, 11:35:03 PM5/22/11
There should be some authentic Tour de France yellow jerseys for sale
on EBAY soon to pay for someone's legal defense.

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°

May 22, 2011, 11:36:49 PM5/22/11
On 5/22/2011 7:21 PM, Chess Gator wrote:

Here you go:

SPAM™ JERSEY

#6312 - YOU CAN BE A MOVING BILLBOARD WITH THIS COLORFUL SPAM™
JERSEY. 19" HIDDEN ZIPPER, 100% POLYESTER DRY SPORT WICKING FABRIC &
THREE REAR POCKETS. GREAT FOR A CYCLIST OR THE SPAM™ FAN IN YOUR FAMILY!

<http://www.spam.com/Shop/ProductDetail.aspx?Category={C52499DB-B1AE-4497-8556-B65B7A7F09F6}&Product={1AAAB882-CB02-4C44-B407-87A4D31872CA}&Search=>

kolldata

May 22, 2011, 11:44:10 PM5/22/11
On May 22, 9:38 pm, thirty-six <thirty-...@live.co.uk> wrote:

just in from reading abt whatgnawyokul. could have a damper on early
summer.

Brad Anders

May 22, 2011, 11:47:58 PM5/22/11
I have several LG jerseys. They're functional, durable, cheap, and not
too ugly. Best of all, they're not in some horrific color scheme of a
doping pro team, so I don't feel like a dope pusher when I'm out
riding. I get them from Performance when they go on sale.

Otherwise, just buy Assos. Excellent value for the money.

thirty-six

May 23, 2011, 4:15:14 AM5/23/11

NW England. Wont be riding today, too damp and chilly. The
temperature drop at dusk can be quite dramatic for 11 months of the
year if you are not otherwise prepared and having a loop pile jersey
as a minimum is most sensible in the day for when there is cloud
cover. I've bought cheaper summer wear but tend to return to an old
trade jersey which is rather the worse for wear now. It's more heat
stable than any thin economy cycling top.

Simply Fred

May 23, 2011, 5:30:24 AM5/23/11
Chess Gator wrote:
> What are the few best short sleeve cycling jerseys for road biking
> approximately 100 kms?

I like Gewiss, Festina, US Postal and Phonak ones. They make you go faster.

Simply Fred

May 23, 2011, 5:32:09 AM5/23/11
Brad Anders wrote:
> Otherwise, just buy Assos. Excellent value for the money.

And if you pay a little extra you get a weekend with Assos girl.

Chess Gator

May 23, 2011, 8:57:48 AM5/23/11
On May 22, 11:22 pm, Anne Onime <anonym...@rip.ax.lt> wrote:

> Chess Gator wrote:
> > What are the few best short sleeve cycling jerseys
> > for road biking approximately 100 kms?
>
> http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/bikejersey.htm#atdsolidhttp://www.ibexwear.com/shop/product/2031/7257/mens-indie-ss-cycling-...http://www.kucharikclothing.com/-c-43_78.htmlhttp://www.twinsix.com/gear/mens-tech/s-s-wool-motor-jersey

Hi, some interesting links. I was not expecting "wool" to be a
recommendation. I thought everything was lycra type material. Can
you help me to understand why wool would be best for a short sleeve
jersey? Wouldn't wool be to heavy?

In addition, what type of jerseys do they wear in the Tour de France?

Thank you

Fred Flintstein

May 23, 2011, 8:59:12 AM5/23/11

Liz Hatch is coming out with a clothing line. They're looking for
a US distributor. I'm pretty sure they have one in Canada.

Anton Berlin

May 23, 2011, 9:02:22 AM5/23/11

> Liz Hatch is coming out with a clothing line. They're looking for
> a US distributor. I'm pretty sure they have one in Canada.

"Toothless Tops of Toronto"

Brad Anders

May 23, 2011, 10:07:25 AM5/23/11

That sounds like a good deal, thanks. Who says this ng is a wasteland?

Vagina Gorilla

May 23, 2011, 10:52:12 AM5/23/11
Message has been deleted

SandpointGuy

May 23, 2011, 12:50:01 PM5/23/11

Good point on the bees. I was out riding last week and some insect
stung me - but then again I had the collar unzipped, and its only
going to get hotter.

Simply Fred

May 23, 2011, 3:40:44 PM5/23/11
Anne Onime wrote:
> Merino Wool...
> - Is KewL!

Are you Ryan in drag ?

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°

May 23, 2011, 6:22:53 PM5/23/11
On 5/23/2011 9:52 AM, Vagina Gorilla wrote:
> At these prices you should get a week with her.
>
> http://www.bicyclecycling.co.uk/assos-ladies-t-fi-13-s5-bib-cycling-shorts-p-23032.html

That is only $354.66 USD.

john B.

May 23, 2011, 8:46:22 PM5/23/11

Wool has the benefit of being warm even when wet. But that site
doesn't mention "wool", they use the word "smartwool" and I suspect
there is a reason for it. Perhaps a mix of wool and synthetic.

Anton Berlin

May 23, 2011, 9:28:50 PM5/23/11
I had the local woman's knitting club make me a ball sack out of
vicuna. It was a pain to stand there while they finished it but the
warm cuddly feeling is more than worth it.

Scott

May 23, 2011, 11:19:24 PM5/23/11
On May 23, 6:46 pm, john B. <johnbsloc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 May 2011 05:57:48 -0700 (PDT), Chess Gator
>

> <chessga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/bikejersey.htm#atdsolidhttp://www.ibex...

> >Hi, some interesting links.  I was not expecting "wool" to be a
> >recommendation.  I thought everything was lycra type material.  Can
> >you help me to understand why wool would be best for a short sleeve
> >jersey?  Wouldn't wool be to heavy?
>
> >In addition, what type of jerseys do they wear in the Tour de France?
>
> >Thank you
>
> Wool has the benefit of being warm even when wet. But that site
> doesn't mention "wool", they use the word "smartwool" and I suspect
> there is a reason for it. Perhaps a mix of wool and synthetic.

Smartwool refers to a wool that's prepared in such a way as to be
machine washed/dried. It's all wool, no synthetics, and if the three
shirts and numerous smartwool socks I own are any indication,
smartwool is the best thing since sliced bread.

Simply Fred

May 24, 2011, 4:51:29 AM5/24/11

Did they make ONE for LANCE ?

thirty-six

May 24, 2011, 4:38:20 PM5/24/11

Wet your cotton scarf and cap to loose heat and then the stingers
still can't bother you.

Phil B

May 24, 2011, 9:38:55 PM5/24/11

> >john B sys:

> > Wool has the benefit of being warm even when wet. But that site
> > doesn't mention "wool", they use the word "smartwool" and I suspect
> > there is a reason for it. Perhaps a mix of wool and synthetic.

> I don't know who said this:

> Smartwool refers to a wool that's prepared in such a way as to be
> machine washed/dried.  It's all wool, no synthetics, and if the three
> shirts and numerous smartwool socks I own are any indication,
> smartwool is the best thing since sliced bread.

Smartwool is a brand not a specific fabric. Their sox are 50-75%
wool, and while that works great for sox - mine have lasted 8+ years -
I much prefer a jersey of 100% wool. Usually Merino Wool. Hopefully
made in some place other than China.

Phil B

Joy Beeson

May 25, 2011, 4:46:27 PM5/25/11
On Mon, 23 May 2011 20:19:24 -0700 (PDT), Scott
<hendric...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> smartwool is the best thing since sliced bread.

Weird. I wear Smartwool socks, but only because I can't buy any
decent wool -- except, sporadically, heavy wool boot socks at Big R.

Smartwool is a big improvement over all-synthetic socks, but I can't
see making a shirt of it. Not given the way I react to cotton
containing even a teeny-tiny trace of polyester. (Gasp, pant, puff,
not allergy.)

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net