WTF!!!

atriage

Jul 6, 2011, 3:14:32 PM7/6/11
"After reviewing the intermediate sprint it has been decided by the race jury to
relegate Jose Joaquin Rojas and Tom Boonen from the intermediate sprint,� said
the race�s competition director, Jean-Francois Pescheux.
This is really stupid, Rojas should have been penalised sure but Boonen had no
choice but to move over into Cavendish's path when Rojas swerved into him. What
did they think he was gonna do...brake ffs.

foredo

Jul 6, 2011, 3:19:02 PM7/6/11
to atriage
On 6/07/2011 21:14, atriage wrote:
> This is really stupid, Rojas should have been penalised sure but Boonen
> had no choice but to move over into Cavendish's path when Rojas swerved
> into him. What did they think he was gonna do...brake ffs.

indeed really stupid decision to disqualify alos Boonen...if he wouldn't
have done that move he would simply have been down some k's earlier ...

Mark J.

Jul 6, 2011, 6:54:33 PM7/6/11

Rojas swerved left in front of Boonen, *then* Boonen got ahead and
swerved right into Rojas. I suspect that's what the judges are
responding to.

Mark J.

Frederick the Great

Jul 6, 2011, 7:34:05 PM7/6/11
In article <1LWdnViLZqeGKYnT...@brightview.co.uk>,
atriage <atr...@notvalid.net> wrote:

> "After reviewing the intermediate sprint it has been decided by the race jury to

> relegate Jose Joaquin Rojas and Tom Boonen from the intermediate sprint,” said
> the race’s competition director, Jean-Francois Pescheux.

> This is really stupid, Rojas should have been penalised sure but Boonen had no
> choice but to move over into Cavendish's path when Rojas swerved into him. What
> did they think he was gonna do...brake ffs.

Boonen was obliged to hit the brakes,
and was relegated because he did not.

--
Old Fritz

atriage

Jul 7, 2011, 3:57:03 AM7/7/11
Yeah you're right he did although not as violently, it probably was a
'punishable offence' strictly speaking but much worse had got by the
commissaires on previous stages. (thinking about it that's actually irrelevant
in TdF terms). :)

A. Dumas

Jul 7, 2011, 6:08:19 AM7/7/11
atriage wrote:
> "After reviewing the intermediate sprint it has been decided by the race
> jury to relegate Jose Joaquin Rojas and Tom Boonen from the intermediate
> sprint,” said the race’s competition director, Jean-Francois Pescheux.

> This is really stupid, Rojas should have been penalised sure but Boonen
> had no choice but to move over into Cavendish's path when Rojas swerved
> into him. What did they think he was gonna do...brake ffs.

Rojas swerved left pushing Boonen and Cav out, Boonen swerved right
pushing Rojas back and cutting off Cav between them.

atriage

Jul 7, 2011, 7:20:25 AM7/7/11

Cav was dead in the water after Boonen had closed his attack up the left hand
side to avoid Rojas's swerve, nothing that happened after that was as anything
like as *bad* as Rojas's initial unnecessary deviation from his chosen sprinting
line.

ilan

Jul 7, 2011, 6:46:17 PM7/7/11
On Jul 6, 9:14 pm, atriage <atri...@notvalid.net> wrote:
> "After reviewing the intermediate sprint it has been decided by the race jury to
> relegate Jose Joaquin Rojas and Tom Boonen from the intermediate sprint, said
> the race s competition director, Jean-Francois Pescheux.

> This is really stupid, Rojas should have been penalised sure but Boonen had no
> choice but to move over into Cavendish's path when Rojas swerved into him. What
> did they think he was gonna do...brake ffs.
>
> --

"With a GC contender in Van Den Broeck, the man of the moment in
Gilbert and a sprinter that has flattered to deceive in Greipel,"
What does that even mean? What is going on with CyclingNews
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sergeant-downplays-talk-of-strife-within-the-team

-ilan

atriage

Jul 8, 2011, 3:58:48 AM7/8/11
It's all indicative of the enormous pressure to perform the TdF puts all the
contenders under, the next two weeks will be fascinating....I love July.

Davey Crockett

Jul 8, 2011, 11:01:12 AM7/8/11
ilan a écrit profondement:

| "With a GC contender in Van Den Broeck, the man of the moment in
| Gilbert and a sprinter that has flattered to deceive in Greipel,"
| What does that even mean? What is going on with CyclingNews
| http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sergeant-downplays-talk-of-strife-within-the-team

Theyz nervus

Somebody told them Rupert Murdoch was looking into buying them out since
he feels there's enuf scandal in the Bikie Business today to fill Two News of
the Worlds.

--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English