The Giro sucks without Chris Horner - he is the only cyclist in the world that could counter Contrador.

Anton Berlin

May 20, 2011, 11:15:08 AM5/20/11
Maybe Chris could ride back and forth between the Giro and the Bike
Ride of California as fast as his ego lets him ?

RicodJour

May 21, 2011, 12:45:26 AM5/21/11
On May 20, 11:15 am, Anton Berlin <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Maybe Chris could ride back and forth between the Giro and the Bike
> Ride of California as fast as his ego lets him ?

The difference between Horner's ego and yours is that you would think
you could shuttle between the races by running on water. :)~

RBR resident Chris Horner fanboi

Scott

May 21, 2011, 12:54:01 AM5/21/11
C'mon, he didn't say he could counter AC, he said AC was the only guy
who could drop him. IOW, he couldn't stay with AC either, but he
could stay with everyone else. I think he's also talking about his
current form, btw, and not declaring he's the second best climber in
pro cycling.

Given how he rode LL, TD, and AS off his wheel, I'd say he may be
right (for now).

Even if he's not right, I'm gonna cut him some slack. He's earned it.

Scott

May 21, 2011, 10:55:26 PM5/21/11
Yo, Anton...

Still feel like raggin' on Horner?

Simply Fred

May 22, 2011, 6:46:35 AM5/22/11
On 05/22/11 04:55, Scott wrote:
> Yo, Anton...
> Still feel like raggin' on Horner?

Quite appropriate; two baldies winning on Mt Baldy.

Horner and Leipheimer looked good yesterday but I wonder how many other
riders were peaking this early if their main aim is the TDF.

Victor Kan

May 22, 2011, 8:28:15 AM5/22/11
On May 22, 6:46 am, Simply Fred <n...@mailinator.com> wrote:

> Horner and Leipheimer looked good yesterday but I wonder how many other
> riders were peaking this early if their main aim is the TDF.

By this time last year, Contador had already won three one week stage
races and got on the podium for one spring classic.

Maybe there's something to riding to win some of these earlier races
for TdF contenders.

Anton Berlin

May 22, 2011, 11:03:59 AM5/22/11
On May 21, 9:55 pm, Scott <hendricks_sc...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Yo, Anton...
>
> Still feel like raggin' on Horner?

I haven't been watching the bike ride in California. There's a race
in Italy going on.

RicodJour

May 22, 2011, 3:12:01 PM5/22/11

I thought foregone conclusions didn't qualify to be included in the
'race' category.

Scott

May 22, 2011, 8:03:48 PM5/22/11

It's not a foregone conclusion... AC himself keeps reminding us of
that!