What happened to Andy Schleck yesterday?

1 view

Dumbass

May 19, 2010, 11:27:38 AM5/19/10
Did he bonk or something?

Scott

May 19, 2010, 12:29:30 PM5/19/10
On May 19, 9:27 am, Dumbass <tadams...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Did he bonk or something?

Didn't you read the reports?

Anton Berlin

May 19, 2010, 2:28:48 PM5/19/10

Captain Obvious here but no one treats the season like Eddy did.
These are just training miles for a lot of TdF contenders.

Dumbass

May 19, 2010, 4:28:17 PM5/19/10
On May 19, 11:27 am, Dumbass <tadams...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Did he bonk or something?

Congrats @dzabriskie nice win!!! I didn't feel good today, wont happen
in the Tour!!!!

http://twitter.com/andy_schleck

Zeno

May 19, 2010, 4:50:27 PM5/19/10

Ligget tried to make it sound like Radio Shack had skillfully
eliminated Cancellara from GC contention. Truth be told, he could
probably care less about this race. (I'm sure the organizers wish he
and Schleck were in contention.) If Saxo Bank was really serious
about racing right now, these guys would be in Italy. I agree
California is just a tune up for most of them and they are riding like
it.

I've seen training rides that were more exciting and more hotly
contested than this ToC. This year's Giro is making California look
like a lame joke. Boonen crashes on the run in to the sprint & they
don't have a camera on it. It rains and they have no coverage. Phil &
Paul are making fools of themselves spouting BS that it is now
equivalent to the grand tours.

I guess it's good for US racing, but I'd rather see the best riders
riding in the Giro right now and schedule the ToC at another time. If
they want to log in some training miles in California without beating
themselves to death in Italy, so be it, but I have to wonder how many
riders are secretly wishing they were there taking part in what may be
remembered for years to come as an epic Giro for the ages, rather than
in a fancy Cat 2 race in SoCal.

Zeno

Mike Jacoubowsky

May 19, 2010, 5:24:42 PM5/19/10
> Ligget tried to make it sound like Radio Shack had skillfully
> eliminated Cancellara from GC contention. Truth be told, he could
> probably care less about this race.

Cancellara might not care about this race, but he has one sponsor who would
die to have this race in their pocket at the end. I would find it difficult
to believe they have not had some pressure to put on a very strong showing
here.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

"Zeno" <zwarbi...@zenoswarbirdvideos.com> wrote in message

heather

May 19, 2010, 10:37:08 PM5/19/10
Zeno wrote:

> I guess it's good for US racing, but I'd rather see the best riders
> riding in the Giro right now and schedule the ToC at another time.

agree! why are they coinciding like this?? (I'm sorry, I wasn't paying
attention when that was discussed)

besides, (this may be an issue particular to only me) there is no way I
can watch two stages races at once and not get confused..

blondie

Tom Kunich

May 19, 2010, 10:57:46 PM5/19/10
"heather" <cle...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> agree! why are they coinciding like this?? (I'm sorry, I wasn't paying
> attention when that was discussed)

Because there's now more riders than can be entered into a single grand
tour.

It will all work out over a couple of years Heather.

heather

May 19, 2010, 11:00:39 PM5/19/10

hey, it's no biggie, I just don't watch the tour of california. Is that
what promoters want though? I would watch it, if it weren't happening
right now..

Tom Kunich

May 19, 2010, 11:16:29 PM5/19/10
"heather" <cle...@comcast.net> wrote in message

It's right where we live Heather.

F. Kurgan Gringioni

May 20, 2010, 4:57:08 AM5/20/10

"Tom Kunich" <tku...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> "heather" <cle...@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> agree! why are they coinciding like this?? (I'm sorry, I wasn't paying
>> attention when that was discussed)
>
> Because there's now more riders than can be entered into a single grand
> tour.

Dumbass -

There have always been more riders than can be entered into a single GT.

thanks,

Fred. presented by Gringioni.

Dumbass

May 20, 2010, 8:38:26 AM5/20/10
On May 20, 4:57 am, "F. Kurgan Gringioni" <kgringi...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> "Tom Kunich" <tkun...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Speaking of Fred, I just had a 4-year old take me on the other day.
He had a pretty high cadence on that trike.

bar

May 20, 2010, 9:02:51 AM5/20/10

I swear Phil and Paul should just get a divorce and be done with it.
I had to mute yesterday's coverage after getting tired of hearing them
talk all over each other ...

Sean Kelly and that other guy ... now there's real class.

Dumbass

May 20, 2010, 9:01:39 AM5/20/10

So, you figure Cancellera came all the way to California just to set
the world's record for the number of water bottles that can be stuffed
in a jersey?

Anton Berlin

May 20, 2010, 9:10:32 AM5/20/10
Mutliple reasons to prefer ToC over Giro:

1. Smoother roads
2. Better weather on average
3. Cleaner hotels
4. No snarly Italian waiters (once outside of wine counties)
5. Get to replenish EPO stock from Tour Sponsor

Zeno

May 20, 2010, 10:48:27 AM5/20/10

Agreed - in other words, it's a plush training ride. ;-) The Giro is a
Grand Tour where riders are made to suffer for our viewing pleasure,
the glory of the sport and their own deification if they turn in an
epic performance. (I thought Vino was going to shout "Assassino!" at
the Giro organizers after that "Strada bianchi" mud fest.)

I have nothing against the ToC per se, other than I wish they would
throw in 3-4 hard days in the mountains in Colorado to make it a true
test, and I'd rather see it in April or after the TDF, not during the
Giro. The only good thing to come out of this is that Versus lost the
Giro to Universal Sports so we don't have to listen to Phil turn it
into "the Giro di David Millar, with a supporting cast of English
Speaking Empire boys." They guys on Universal Sports (or Sean Kelly
if you can get it) have a lot more balanced view without the constant
hype and spin you get from Phil & Paul.

It's kind of silly too that Versus seem to think that if they totally
ignore the Giro, no one will know it's happening . Phil & Paul had a
whole show to fill with chatter when they had that rainout of the
video coverage and uttered nary a word about the spectacular goings on
in the Giro. OTH, Universal has been giving regular updates on the ToC
standings and even showing video clips. That's the difference between
true sports journalism and a hype machine.

I have to say though that the quality of the Amgen net broadcast of
the ToC is among the best I have seen --better than Versus HDTV
broadcast of the TDF on television.

Zeno

Dumbass

May 20, 2010, 11:46:54 AM5/20/10
> Sean Kelly and that other guy ... now there's real class.- Hide quoted text -

In protest, I commuted without my Road ID this morning.

Dumbass

May 20, 2010, 11:52:02 AM5/20/10

Who better than California to create an over-hyped refuge for elite
slackers?

F. Kurgan Gringioni

May 20, 2010, 12:58:46 PM5/20/10

"Dumbass" <tada...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> In protest, I commuted without my Road ID this morning.

Dumbass -

Road ID seems kinda retarded.

What's the matter with just carrying a drivers license in the jersey pocket?
I'd rather do that than having some annoying thing on my wrist.

Amit Ghosh

May 20, 2010, 1:05:34 PM5/20/10
On May 20, 12:58 pm, "F. Kurgan Gringioni" <kgringi...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> "Dumbass" <tadams...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Dumbass -
>
> Road ID seems kinda retarded.
>
> What's the matter with just carrying a drivers license in the jersey pocket?
> I'd rather do that than having some annoying thing on my wrist.

dumbass,

anyone can recognize me by my faggin.

F. Kurgan Gringioni

May 20, 2010, 1:33:10 PM5/20/10

"Amit Ghosh" <amit....@gmail.com> wrote in message

Dumbass -

Kunich has one of those too. You guys are blood brothers.

Anton Berlin

May 20, 2010, 2:45:10 PM5/20/10

> anyone can recognize me by my faggin.

( reminds me of a time where I and some others were mistaken to be
faggin )

One time the boys from 10 Speed Drive and I were out for a ride and
came up on a gay parade that was blocking our route.

We were watching the festivities and all the colorful costumes for a
few minutes before we realized a TV crew on the opposite side of the
street was taping the parade and we now looked to be part of it. We
rode a pretty fast interval out of there and no one has ever mentioned
it again.... until today.

Anton Berlin

May 20, 2010, 2:46:42 PM5/20/10
OT - really... why would anyone buy a Faggin ? Seems like just asking
for trouble.

Fredmaster of Brainerd

May 20, 2010, 4:28:11 PM5/20/10
> In protest, I commuted without my Road ID this morning.

POTM.

Ben

Betty Munro

May 20, 2010, 11:18:27 AM5/20/10

I'm not sure about the podium girls though, perhaps they should get that
tattooed one in.

Betty Munro

May 20, 2010, 4:56:36 PM5/20/10