Gord Fraser vs Linda Jackson Roller Room

GoneBeforeMyTime

Jun 13, 2010, 6:57:11 PM6/13/10
Roller Room, coming to a race near you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pf8C_-cwj4

ronaldo_jeremiah

Jun 13, 2010, 8:55:39 PM6/13/10
On Jun 13, 5:57 pm, "GoneBeforeMyTime" <F...@EuroForums.com> wrote:
> Roller Room, coming to a race near you!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pf8C_-cwj4

Has that woman ever pedaled a bicycle before?

-rj

z, fred

Jun 13, 2010, 10:34:09 PM6/13/10

+1

TheCoz

Jun 13, 2010, 11:59:09 PM6/13/10
On Jun 13, 7:55 pm, ronaldo_jeremiah <ronaldo_jerem...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Flip-flops with toe straps, yeah. Coffee shop queen
Coz

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Jun 14, 2010, 3:00:07 AM6/14/10

Dumbasses,

Cycling is entertainment, they're in front of an audience,
and she bantered with the announcer enough that the
crowd wouldn't go to sleep during the warmup. That's
professional. Remind me not to book any of you
clowns for benefits, buttering up the sponsors, or
party entertainment.

Fredmaster of Ceremonies Ben

Brad Anders

Jun 14, 2010, 11:57:29 AM6/14/10
On Jun 13, 8:59 pm, TheCoz <cycled...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Only woman I know who has ridden sub-16 minutes on Old La Honda (3.32
miles, 1290' elevation gain). Not exactly her specialty, and she's
also going to be 52 this fall.

Brad Anders

Mike Jacoubowsky

Jun 15, 2010, 2:03:48 AM6/15/10

===========

Only woman I know who has ridden sub-16 minutes on Old La Honda (3.32
miles, 1290' elevation gain). Not exactly her specialty, and she's
also going to be 52 this fall.

Brad Anders
===========

She's done that recently? Geez, I'm 54 and if I absolutely killed myself, I
could do 20. Maybe. Most likely I'd be choking down a 21-something. Back in
the day, maybe. If she wants to wear flip flops and a straw hat, who cares?

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

GoneBeforeMyTime

Jun 15, 2010, 12:55:05 PM6/15/10
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> "Brad Anders" <pban...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Jun 13, 8:59 pm, TheCoz <cycled...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jun 13, 7:55 pm, ronaldo_jeremiah <ronaldo_jerem...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Has that woman ever pedaled a bicycle before?
>>
>>> -rj
>>
>> Flip-flops with toe straps, yeah. Coffee shop queen
>> Coz
> ===========
> Only woman I know who has ridden sub-16 minutes on Old La Honda (3.32
> miles, 1290' elevation gain). Not exactly her specialty, and she's
> also going to be 52 this fall.
>
> Brad Anders
> ===========
> Back in the day, maybe.

> --Mike Jacoubowsky

Yup. She crashed out of the 1996 games. In 97, 98, she rode in spectacular
fashion against Luperini in what were called some of the hardest climbs and
days ever in women's cycling history, coming in 2nd to Luperini on many of
the climbs in the Giro. How many men in the whole world at that time could
outclimb either Jackson or Luperini, not many.

Brad Anders

Jun 15, 2010, 1:59:25 PM6/15/10
On Jun 14, 8:57 am, Brad Anders <pband...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Not exactly her specialty

I meant doing roller races. Climbing certainly was her specialty.

Brad Anders