How Does He Do It?

B. Lafferty

Jun 28, 2010, 8:50:07 PM6/28/10
Miguel Indurain that is. The guy is one of the most obvious candidates
for the TdF EPO Hall of Fame and yet he's never seriously discussed as a
doper. Is it because everyone assumes that he was?

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Jun 28, 2010, 8:57:32 PM6/28/10

Dumbass -

Yes.

BTW, that's one of the biggest pieces of evidence that LemonD was out
for LANCE and Flandis simply because they're Americans who won the TdF
(and therefore a threat to his legacy). Indurain was a guy who
actually beat him in a TdF. Yet LemonD never says jack about dirty
Indurain (or dirty Bugno or dirty Chiapucci).

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Jun 28, 2010, 8:59:36 PM6/28/10
On Jun 28, 5:50 pm, "B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> Miguel Indurain that is.  The guy is one of the most obvious candidates
> for the TdF EPO Hall of Fame and yet he's never seriously discussed as a
> doper.

Dumbass -

I forgot to answer the question: it's because Indurain is a nice guy.
Doping isn't a crime against humanity and everyone likes Miguel so no
one says anything.

It'd be different if people (like you) had an axe to grind.

B. Lafferty

Jun 28, 2010, 9:06:40 PM6/28/10

Nobody really knows if he's a nice guy or not. He's never spoken enough
for anyone to form an opinion--except maybe his wife, maybe.

I vaguely recall that Joe Freil had an interesting explanation in one of
his early books for why he was able to climb so well. Part of it was
that he lost some weight. Sounds familiar.

Phil H

Jun 28, 2010, 9:07:31 PM6/28/10
On Jun 28, 5:50 pm, "B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote:

Don't you remember discussing his weight loss and improved climbing
performance. To discuss anyone as a serious doper you have to have
serious evidence not just hearsay from disgruntled ex-team mates, ex-
wives, ex-employees etc etc.

What up.....not enough LA doping action?

Phil H

--D-y

Jun 28, 2010, 9:13:27 PM6/28/10
On Jun 28, 7:59 pm, "Kurgan. presented by Gringioni."

Yup, it's some kind of personality thing, or something.
--D-y

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Jun 28, 2010, 10:05:41 PM6/28/10
On Jun 28, 6:06 pm, "B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On 6/28/2010 8:59 PM, Kurgan. presented by Gringioni. wrote:
>

> > On Jun 28, 5:50 pm, "B. Lafferty"<b...@nowhere.com>  wrote:
> >> Miguel Indurain that is.  The guy is one of the most obvious candidates
> >> for the TdF EPO Hall of Fame and yet he's never seriously discussed as a
> >> doper.
>
> > Dumbass -
>
> > I forgot to answer the question: it's because Indurain is a nice guy.
> > Doping isn't a crime against humanity and everyone likes Miguel so no
> > one says anything.
>
> > It'd be different if people (like you) had an axe to grind.
>
> > thanks,
>
> > Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
>
> Nobody really knows if he's a nice guy or not.  He's never spoken enough
> for anyone to form an opinion--except maybe his wife, maybe.

Dumbass -

The people with whom he has first person encounters (teamates, guys he
raced against) universally like him. I've never read a single negative
quote about his personality or any of his actions.

You can tell the press likes him too, you can tell by their "tone".
There's definitely a different "tone" when they're writing about
Robbie McEwen or Alexander Vinokourov.

Steve Freides

Jun 28, 2010, 10:09:04 PM6/28/10
B. Lafferty wrote:
> On 6/28/2010 8:59 PM, Kurgan. presented by Gringioni. wrote:
>> On Jun 28, 5:50 pm, "B. Lafferty"<b...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>>> Miguel Indurain that is. The guy is one of the most obvious
>>> candidates for the TdF EPO Hall of Fame and yet he's never
>>> seriously discussed as a doper.
>>

>> Dumbass -
>>
>> I forgot to answer the question: it's because Indurain is a nice guy.
>> Doping isn't a crime against humanity and everyone likes Miguel so no
>> one says anything.
>>
>> It'd be different if people (like you) had an axe to grind.
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
>
> Nobody really knows if he's a nice guy or not. He's never spoken
> enough for anyone to form an opinion--except maybe his wife, maybe.

You can't possibly be this stupid and still figure out how to post to a
newsgroup. Quit putting us on, eh?

-S-

Phil H

Jun 28, 2010, 10:22:32 PM6/28/10
> that he lost some weight.  Sounds familiar.- Hide quoted text -

It should......you didn't believe it then but I recall it was the
actual weight loss you didn't believe not the fact that losing 10 lbs
would improve climbing performance.

Phil H

Ben Trovato

Jun 28, 2010, 10:54:44 PM6/28/10
On Jun 28, 5:50 pm, "B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote:

What happened in 1996?

Rik Van Slick

Jun 28, 2010, 11:12:10 PM6/28/10

Oy. Get over it already. Sheesh!

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Jun 28, 2010, 11:21:43 PM6/28/10

Dumbass -

10 kilos, not 10 lbs. and losing 10 kilos most definitely will improve
climbing (and everything else) performance.

Still doesn't mean he was clean. He was champion during the rampant
EPO era.

NoDannyNo

Jun 28, 2010, 11:24:50 PM6/28/10

Barney Reese got better dope and the weather sucked that year.

Rik Van Slick

Jun 28, 2010, 11:43:18 PM6/28/10
On Jun 28, 8:57 pm, "Kurgan. presented by Gringioni."

Do you remember when Indurian went blasting by Bugno in that TT in the
'93 tour? I guess Gianni had the wrong Orange Juice that morning!

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Jun 28, 2010, 11:57:22 PM6/28/10

Dumbass -

I doubt he got better dope. It was the same stuff. He was just willing
to go where few men had gone before.

NoDannyNo

Jun 29, 2010, 12:16:24 AM6/29/10
On Jun 28, 11:57 pm, "Kurgan. presented by Gringioni."

> I doubt he got better dope. It was the same stuff. He was just willing
> to go where few men had gone before.

57...58...59...60...ding-ding-ding-ding

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Jun 29, 2010, 12:47:49 AM6/29/10

Dumbass -

If a lotta guys are doping, there's still only gonna be one winner. It
doesn't mean the losers were all clean.

Frederick the Great

Jun 29, 2010, 12:58:08 AM6/29/10
In article <mvqdna3F5cT03rTR...@giganews.com>,
"B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote:

We were waiting for you to tell us.

--
Old Fritz

drmofe

Jun 29, 2010, 4:52:23 AM6/29/10

Indurain was clean, by the standards of the time.
This has been covered here before, many times.

B. Lafferty

Jun 29, 2010, 6:58:44 AM6/29/10
ROTFL!!

Brad Anders

Jun 29, 2010, 11:13:27 AM6/29/10
On Jun 28, 5:57 pm, "Kurgan. presented by Gringioni."

I know that having any actual proof of doping isn't required to label
anyone who wins a bike race a doper, but I've never seen strong
evidence that Indurain was a doper. His rise to the top in the TdF was
preceeded by a reasonable progression in placing, he was an extremely
consistent performer through the racing year (unlike up/down dopers
like Berzin and his ilk), and when the hardcore dopers like Riis came
along, they blew his ass out of the water. His TT performances came
from his high VO2max and large size resulting in ridiculous power
levels. He was more of a hanger-on in the mountains, occasionally
showing brilliance when others let their guard down. I could be wrong
about this, but I don't recall him ever having borderline doping
incidents, nor too many shady associations.

What am I missing here? Is it just that he was a winner that makes him
a doper? If that's the criteria, the UCI should simply give anyone who
wins a major Tour a 2-year ban, and give the win to the 2nd place guy.
There's no doubt he's clean.

Brad Anders

Fred Flintstein

Jun 29, 2010, 12:04:53 PM6/29/10
On 6/29/2010 10:13 AM, Brad Anders wrote:
> I know that having any actual proof of doping isn't required to label
> anyone who wins a bike race a doper, but I've never seen strong
> evidence that Indurain was a doper. His rise to the top in the TdF was
> preceeded by a reasonable progression in placing, he was an extremely
> consistent performer through the racing year (unlike up/down dopers
> like Berzin and his ilk), and when the hardcore dopers like Riis came
> along, they blew his ass out of the water. His TT performances came
> from his high VO2max and large size resulting in ridiculous power
> levels. He was more of a hanger-on in the mountains, occasionally
> showing brilliance when others let their guard down. I could be wrong
> about this, but I don't recall him ever having borderline doping
> incidents, nor too many shady associations.

In most years Indurain also brought the strongest team. Just
ask Toni Rominger what it was like to have to attack after
the Banesto guys had spent the day riding tempo in the
mountains. This was especially true after the Spanish Amaya
team failed and was absorbed by Banesto.

Indurain's problems in 1996 also coincided with what was
probably his weakest team in support.

Fred Flintstein

Phil H

Jun 29, 2010, 1:03:00 PM6/29/10

No one can say that anyone is clean but when you stop ROTFL tell us
what you've got on him so far. You started this muck raking thread so
put up or shut up.

Phil H

Anton Berlin

Jun 29, 2010, 2:58:55 PM6/29/10
You can tell who the dopers are simply by looking at the cyclists they
put on the stage at the end of the race.

( I wish this was TIC )

The reason Armstrong is so god damn annoying is that he pretends and
vouches he's clean the loudest and most frequently.

It appeals to people's sense of justice and fair play if he's exposed
once and for all.

Brad Anders

Jun 29, 2010, 3:01:40 PM6/29/10

Don't tell me - you were a hall monitor in elementary school, right?

Brad Anders

Frederick the Great

Jun 30, 2010, 2:52:43 AM6/30/10
In article
<cba12ec8-bd1c-40f3...@k14g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,
Anton Berlin <truth...@yahoo.com> wrote:

It would appeal to my sense of justice and fair play
to see dope hunters tied to an iron pillar and a fire
built up around them.

--
Old Fritz