Does Contador own the future?

Mike Jacoubowsky

Jul 7, 2010, 1:16:46 AM7/7/10
With Contador, I think you're looking at one of the most gifted riders
ever. He almost makes it look easy. Like Lance, he rarely has flats
(but, like Lance, had one today) or mechanical issues. Watching him ride
over the cobbles, it looks like he's mastered that as well as he's
mastered time trials. Like Lance, Contador studies up on the next tour's
challenges and owns them. I think the only area Contador doesn't have it
together is in working in a team environment... I can't imagine
something like what Vino did today happening on any of Lance's teams.
But it's not as if Contador knows what a perfect team environment is
like; his experiences with Johan involved split loyalties, even the
first year.

Lance wasn't good enough to do it without a team. Contador may be so
good he can pull it off in spite of the team.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

raamman

Jul 7, 2010, 1:54:06 AM7/7/10
On Jul 7, 1:16 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com> wrote:

> Lance wasn't good enough to do it without a team. Contador may be so
> good he can pull it off in spite of the team.

you could add "again" to that.

Betty

Jul 7, 2010, 5:42:16 AM7/7/10
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> With Contador, I think you're looking at one of the most gifted riders
> ever. He almost makes it look easy. Like Lance, he rarely has flats
> (but, like Lance, had one today) or mechanical issues. Watching him ride
> over the cobbles, it looks like he's mastered that as well as he's
> mastered time trials.

Mastery is easier if you've got the watts.

--D-y

Jul 7, 2010, 8:18:12 AM7/7/10

Mastery is easy if you have enough watts.

Cobbles are easier to ride, too.

That's not taking anything away, either.
--D-y

Horst Schnellinger

Jul 7, 2010, 8:16:58 AM7/7/10
* Mike Jacoubowsky <Mi...@ChainReaction.com> [07-07-10 05:16]:

> challenges and owns them. I think the only area Contador doesn't have it
> together is in working in a team environment... I can't imagine
> something like what Vino did today happening on any of Lance's teams.

Vino would be an egoistic asshole, even in a team with Lance. You can't
blame Contador for that.

Scott

Jul 7, 2010, 8:42:49 AM7/7/10
On Jul 6, 11:16 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:

> Lance wasn't good enough to do it without a team. Contador may be so
> good he can pull it off in spite of the team.
>
> --Mike--     Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Sounds like how some have described Lemond. Hmmm, maybe he is the
best stage racer of all time after all.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Jul 7, 2010, 11:45:34 AM7/7/10
"Horst Schnellinger" <schnel...@nurfuerspam.de> wrote in message

Contador chose the team, knowing that Vino was part of the deal.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com

Keith

Jul 7, 2010, 12:45:30 PM7/7/10

Yes he's the first and only pure climber to excell in ITTs, although
it seems he's not as strong as last year.

S Perryman

Jul 7, 2010, 1:51:04 PM7/7/10
Keith wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 22:16:46 -0700, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
> <Mi...@ChainReaction.com> wrote:

>>With Contador, I think you're looking at one of the most gifted riders
>>ever. He almost makes it look easy.

> Yes he's the first and only pure climber to excell in ITTs, although

> it seems he's not as strong as last year.

Pedro Delgado ??
Unless you wish to class him more of a GC bod than pure climber.

Regards,
Steven Perryman

K. Fred Gauss

Jul 7, 2010, 4:28:28 PM7/7/10

Right. We understand each other. <wink>

K. Fred Gauss

Jul 7, 2010, 4:32:37 PM7/7/10
On 07/06/2010 10:16 PM, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

> Lance wasn't good enough to do it without a team. Contador may be so
> good he can pull it off in spite of the team.

Since we _know_ that Lance couldn't have accomplished what he did
without doping and since Contador is stronger than Lance, isn't the
conclusion obvious?

S Perryman

Jul 8, 2010, 4:46:22 AM7/8/10
K. Fred Gauss wrote:

1. I always thought the 'Lemond premise' was that one was clean and
supreme. And the only way said one could be beaten was by those doping.

2. The 'Armstrong premise' appeals to the Lemond premise, but with the
problem that the 'one' was giving significant beatings to those riders
who were doping (hmm, poor quality stuff, usage regime etc ?? ) .

Hmm, bit of an issue that.

3. So we come to the 'Contador' premise.
The use of custodians of the Armstrong premise as on-demand floor wipes.

How do we explain that one ??
Bio-mech engineering ?? Gene splicing with animal/ET DNA ?? :-)

Regards,
Steven Perryman

Henry

Jul 8, 2010, 6:45:34 AM7/8/10