The cycle leg of Kona ironman

john

Oct 8, 2011, 2:58:41 PM10/8/11
Is here for those interested, you'll see a lot of none UCI legal bikes.
http://kona.ironmanlive.com/#axzz1aDUrCNkC

RicodJour

Oct 8, 2011, 4:35:11 PM10/8/11
On Oct 8, 2:58 pm, john <free...@freedom.com> wrote:

> Is here for those interested, you'll see a lot of none UCI legal bikes.
> http://kona.ironmanlive.com/#axzz1aDUrCNkC

Hi, John. Ironman isn't bike racing, and many on this newsgroup
question whether it is even a sport. Oh, and you shouldn't ride in
wet shorts - your junk will get jungle rot and fall off. Thanks.

Brad Anders

Oct 8, 2011, 5:13:59 PM10/8/11

Live SRM data is interesting.

atriage

Oct 8, 2011, 5:41:08 PM10/8/11

"Brad Anders" <pban...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Looks like Faris Al-Sultan might be dead if the data is accurate.

Scott

Oct 8, 2011, 6:45:43 PM10/8/11
On Oct 8, 12:58 pm, john <free...@freedom.com> wrote:
> Is here for those interested, you'll see a lot of none UCI legal bikes.http://kona.ironmanlive.com/#axzz1aDUrCNkC
> --

Do you find that surprising?

ilan

Oct 8, 2011, 7:08:23 PM10/8/11
On Oct 8, 8:58 pm, john <free...@freedom.com> wrote:
> Is here for those interested, you'll see a lot of none UCI legal bikes.http://kona.ironmanlive.com/#axzz1aDUrCNkC
> --

I wonder how the Jewish athletes are doing.

-ilan

FAT

Oct 8, 2011, 7:22:07 PM10/8/11
Bet you couldn't TT 40k at 25MPH, much less 112 miles.

"RicodJour" wrote in message

atriage

Oct 8, 2011, 7:58:05 PM10/8/11
On 09/10/2011 00:22, FAT wrote:
>> "RicodJour" wrote in message

>> Hi, John. Ironman isn't bike racing, and many on this newsgroup
>> question whether it is even a sport. Oh, and you shouldn't ride in
>> wet shorts - your junk will get jungle rot and fall off. Thanks.
>
> Bet you couldn't TT 40k at 25MPH, much less 112 miles.

No he probably couldn't, neither could I unfortunately. The top girlies averaged
24mph, it's enough to make a chap want to hang up his cycling shoes and take up
skittles. BTW top-posting is frowned upon throughout the countless galaxies so I
fixed it this time, next time vengeance will be meted out on you.

FAT

Oct 8, 2011, 8:07:06 PM10/8/11
OK.

"atriage" wrote in message

atriage

Oct 8, 2011, 8:09:23 PM10/8/11
On 09/10/2011 01:07, FAT wrote:
> OK.

*PLONK*

RicodJour

Oct 8, 2011, 8:09:41 PM10/8/11

Oh, gee - thanks for the vote of confidence! The FACT that I couldn't
has nothing to do with it, and I am appalled at your lack of faith in
me.

On the bright side, I have as much interest in triathlons as I do in
biathlons. Okay, that's not true - shooting at things while you're on
skis is cool.

atriage

Oct 8, 2011, 8:14:55 PM10/8/11

Only Scandinavians could come up with a sport as weird as that.

Simply Fred

Oct 9, 2011, 4:59:43 AM10/9/11
RicodJour wrote:
> I am appalled at your lack of faith in me.

Appaled. Use of the rbr dictionary on rbr posts is not optional.

Simply Fred

Oct 9, 2011, 4:54:24 AM10/9/11
john wrote:
> Is here for those interested, you'll see a lot of none UCI legal bikes.
> http://kona.ironmanlive.com/#axzz1aDUrCNkC

Where's Ryan and his axe when you need him ?

RicodJour

Oct 9, 2011, 11:37:41 AM10/9/11

Sorry.

I am appaled at your lack of faith in I, ya looser.

Plano Dude

Oct 9, 2011, 1:00:29 PM10/9/11

There's a 50/50 chance that looser is a genus.

Frederick the Great

Oct 9, 2011, 7:59:30 PM10/9/11
In article <HrWdnVnhz9Qeeg3T...@brightview.co.uk>,
atriage <atr...@satriage.net> wrote:

> On 09/10/2011 01:09, RicodJour wrote:

> >> No he probably couldn't, neither could I unfortunately. The top girlies averaged
> >> 24mph, it's enough to make a chap want to hang up his cycling shoes and take up
> >> skittles. BTW top-posting is frowned upon throughout the countless galaxies so I
> >> fixed it this time, next time vengeance will be meted out on you.
> >
> > Oh, gee - thanks for the vote of confidence! The FACT that I couldn't
> > has nothing to do with it, and I am appalled at your lack of faith in
> > me.
> >
> > On the bright side, I have as much interest in triathlons as I do in
> > biathlons. Okay, that's not true - shooting at things while you're on
> > skis is cool.
> >

> Only Scandinavians could come up with a sport as weird as that.

The really difficult part is balancing
the amphetamines and the beta blockers.

--
Old Fritz

Steven Bornfeld

Oct 9, 2011, 11:04:44 PM10/9/11

Are I.V. drips explicitly banned?

S.

Steven Bornfeld

Oct 9, 2011, 11:05:44 PM10/9/11
I asked my rabbi and he smacked my injecting hand.

S.

atriage

Oct 10, 2011, 1:29:24 AM10/10/11
:)

RicodJour

Oct 10, 2011, 1:45:49 AM10/10/11
On Oct 9, 11:04 pm, Steven Bornfeld <dentaltwinm...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

> On 10/8/2011 7:08 PM, ilan wrote:
> > On Oct 8, 8:58 pm, john<free...@freedom.com>  wrote:
>
> >> Is here for those interested, you'll see a lot of none UCI legal bikes. http://kona.ironmanlive.com/#axzz1aDUrCNkC

> >> --
>
> > I wonder how the Jewish athletes are doing.
>
> Are I.V. drips explicitly banned?

No, but the oy vey schmear drips are. Get it...? It's the only pun I
know in Yiddish, a play on oy vey ismier. ;)

Hilarious in 47 languages and counting