Floyd the Scientistic

Tony Frankfurt

Jun 30, 2010, 1:50:56 PM6/30/10

An interesting article is here looking at the impacts of Floyd allegations and
exploration how riders are able to continue race undetected.

"Landis further lowered the risk of detection, he informed SI, by learning
how to use the Sysmex machine, an automated blood analyzer owned by Phonak,
his team from 2005-06, and also learned to monitor his reticulocytes with a
microscope."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/austin_murphy/06/30/effect.of.landis.accusations/

Brad Anders

Jun 30, 2010, 2:04:30 PM6/30/10
> http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/austin_murphy/06/30/eff...

Every time I read an article where Michael Ashenden is quoted, I'm
staggered by his intellect. Quotes:

"It is easier to catch someone doping if you know what, when, and how,
they are doping,"

Brilliant.

"I had never contemplated that riders would continue to use EPO during
a Tour,"

Perceptive.

"I fear we may be approaching the limit of how invasive testing can
be ... How do you balance the obvious need for riders to sleep with an
awareness that if they [microdose] in the evening, traces will have
disappeared by 6am next morning? On which side does the public want to
fall: protecting clean riders from doped competitors, or protecting a
doped rider's sleep?"

Compassionate.

The man is a treasure.

Brad Anders

derf...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2010, 2:35:55 PM6/30/10

> "Landis further lowered the risk of detection, he informed SI, by learning
> how to use the Sysmex machine,

The reporter got it wrong. Flandis really said "... learned how to
ride the Sybian ..."

DA74

Jun 30, 2010, 2:50:20 PM6/30/10

He's not a treasure dickwad. He's a total fucking asshole for
critisizing Coyle's research about Lance's increased muscle
efficiency. It's Coyle's data therefore Coyle should have the right to
draw any conclusion he wants to support his hypothesis.

Amit Ghosh

Jun 30, 2010, 3:34:51 PM6/30/10
> http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/austin_murphy/06/30/eff...

dumbass,

maybe he can get a job at the LNDD.

--D-y

Jun 30, 2010, 4:08:48 PM6/30/10

nyuck nyuck.
D-y liked that one.
--D-y

Henry

Jun 30, 2010, 8:24:31 PM6/30/10
> http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/austin_murphy/06/30/eff...

Let us not forget Landis is a pathological lier.
He learned how to use a microscope - that's rich. A pity this didn't
end his career.