AFLD banned on TdF- Ricco back on big team...

1 view

Keith

Jun 24, 2010, 8:12:31 AM6/24/10

Cicero Venatio

Jun 24, 2010, 9:02:51 AM6/24/10

> cycling business as usual !

----------
you're right and Lance also just got the green light.

B. Lafferty

Jun 24, 2010, 9:23:10 AM6/24/10

It's difficult to race while you're in the little room being interrogated.

Keith

Jun 24, 2010, 9:35:38 AM6/24/10

Green light ?

--D-y

Jun 24, 2010, 9:57:09 AM6/24/10
On Jun 24, 8:35 am, Keith <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 06:02:51 -0700, Cicero Venatio
>
> <jazzyb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> cycling business as usual !
>
> >----------
> >you're right and Lance also just got the green light.
>
> Green light ?

What's the matter, Keith? <www.getlance.org> fail you here?

From the news link you supplied, above:
(quote): Whatever the eventual outcome of this particular transfer
carousel, it seems apparent that less than two years after leaving the
sport’s biggest event in disgrace, Riccò has returned to become one of
its more valuable commodities. (end)

Served his time, back at work. I'd guess, most likely clean-- since
he's going to be tested tested tested and tested some more.
This might be a great Tour, if the cops show a little respect.
--D-y

Fred Gringioni

Jun 24, 2010, 3:00:28 PM6/24/10

"B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Dumbass -

Your wet dream ain't gonna happen.

Ever tried getting a hard-on for something else?

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

B. Lafferty

Jun 24, 2010, 2:14:57 PM6/24/10
Maybe not. Time will tell.

Fred Flintstein

Jun 24, 2010, 3:00:54 PM6/24/10

Someday we'll know who wrote the Lafferty OCD code. Time
will tell. I swear, it wasn't me.

Fred Flintstein

Betty

Jun 24, 2010, 3:39:44 PM6/24/10
Fred Flintstein wrote:

> Someday we'll know who wrote the Lafferty OCD code. Time
> will tell. I swear, it wasn't me.

Its probably just a branch of the man-crush code.

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Jun 24, 2010, 4:37:59 PM6/24/10

Dumbass -

The Bromance subroutine:

if reach.around.from.LANCE != true then
lafferty.LANCE.mancrush = eternal
else
switch(whacko.chess.ng)
end

Mike Jacoubowsky

Jun 24, 2010, 5:58:11 PM6/24/10
"B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Not going to happen. Anyone wanting to bring Lance down isn't going to keep
him from riding the 'Tour. They'd announce their intentions, and make a show
of working around the 'Tour, believing (naively or realistically, don't
know) that having that shadow him would be a distraction that would keep him
from doing well, and if not, a post-tour humiliation after having done well
would be even sweeter.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

B. Lafferty

Jun 24, 2010, 6:27:02 PM6/24/10

AFLD has stated publicly that they have confidential information from
law enforcement and customs regarding riders to be targeted. Time will
tell, but it's best to never say "never." Maybe David Millar can do a
consult with the Radio boys in how to deal with French police
interrogations.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Jun 24, 2010, 6:42:33 PM6/24/10
"B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

My mistake; I was thinking you were talking about US-based stuff. However, I
don't see anything at all in the AFLD article to suggest that they were
going to be interrogating riders based upon confidential knowledge-

"This decision was taken on the basis that the AFLD claims to be in the
possession of "confidential information from police and customs", which
would justify targeted tests. WADA was reluctant to let the AFLD carry out
these tests itself, mainly because of legal issues: France's anti-doping
code does not recognize the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) as the
final instance of legal appeal."

That's to justify "tests" not interrogations. Do you seriously feel Lance
would fail a drug test (which would then lead to the "little room"
interrogation?

Fred Gringioni

Jun 24, 2010, 7:36:25 PM6/24/10

"Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com> wrote in message
:
: That's to justify "tests" not interrogations. Do you seriously feel Lance

: would fail a drug test (which would then lead to the "little room"
: interrogation?

Dumbass -

Laff@me ignores inconvenient little facts like that in his wet dreams.

RicodJour

Jun 24, 2010, 7:30:39 PM6/24/10
On Jun 24, 7:36 pm, "Fred Gringioni" <soulinthemach...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com> wrote in message
>
> :
> : That's to justify "tests" not interrogations. Do you seriously feel Lance
> : would fail a drug test (which would then lead to the "little room"
> : interrogation?
>
> Dumbass -
>
> Laff@me ignores inconvenient little facts like that in his wet dreams.

They wouldn't be wet, otherwise.

B. Lafferty

Jun 24, 2010, 8:55:24 PM6/24/10

No, no. AFLD has no power to interrogate. The point is that French law
enforcement and customs are apparently continuing to actively
investigate the pro peleton.

B. Lafferty

Jun 24, 2010, 8:56:50 PM6/24/10

You children are so predictable in your infantile comments. But, carry
on. ROTFL!!

DA74

Jun 24, 2010, 9:29:10 PM6/24/10
> on. ROTFL!!- Hide quoted text -

The depth and acuteness of the irony dripping from their man-crush
accusations against you never fails to amaze me. You must have hurt
them bro...bad.

Like Lester Burnham in American Beauty who spurned the homosexual
advance of Colonel Fitts who then retaliates as a result of his pent
up repression. It's so classic it's amusing.

Anyway, just an observation.

Carry On,
DeltaAlpha74

Mike Jacoubowsky

Jun 24, 2010, 9:46:41 PM6/24/10
"B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

Right, got that, but you replied to a specific reference someone made to
Lance-

So drop the riddles and speak your mind here. What exactly are you thinking?
What scenario do you see potentially playing out?

DA74

Jun 24, 2010, 10:42:27 PM6/24/10
MikeyMike was quizzing Lafferty

> > No, no.  AFLD has no power to interrogate.  The point is that French law
> > enforcement and customs are apparently continuing to actively investigate
> > the pro peleton.
>
> Right, got that, but you replied to a specific reference someone made to
> Lance-

Get some help for the Aspergers bro. Lafferty is saying that the
French Authorities are actively investigating the pro peloton. The
conclusions you can draw from this is that they may have been very
interested to hear Floyd's tale of organized doping on French soil a
few years ago during the TdF, by a team partially owned by LA who was
their star rider, whom has been long suspected to have cheated to win
his titles.

> So drop the riddles and speak your mind here. What exactly are you thinking?
> What scenario do you see potentially playing out?

What the fuck Mike, do you need a treasure map with a big "X" on it?
The possibility is that the gendarmes ask Lance to come downtown to
answer a few questions. They have ample ammunition with Floyd's
accusations of a crime or crimes occurring on French soil.

You're Welcome,
DA74

Fred Gringioni

Jun 25, 2010, 12:42:27 AM6/25/10

"DA74" <davida...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Dumbass -

If you'd been here since the beginning, you'd understand.

--D-y

Jun 25, 2010, 9:15:04 AM6/25/10
On Jun 24, 11:42 pm, "Fred Gringioni" <soulinthemach...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> "DA74" <davidasto...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

"Understand" being a relative term, of course.
"Recognize", if you'll excuse me, I think is better.

Uh oh, now he's gonna call me names and tell me how stupid I am. And
my "friends". Again. Oh well!
--D-y

Anton Berlin

Jun 25, 2010, 10:42:36 AM6/25/10

> "Understand" being a relative term, of course.
> "Recognize", if you'll excuse me, I think is better.

Critical distinction.

A lot of shit one can recognize, BP corporate greed, idiot CEOs,
ineffective or fucknutt politicians.... not much to understand.

DA74

Jun 25, 2010, 9:05:26 PM6/25/10
On Jun 24, 9:42 pm, "Fred Gringioni" <soulinthemach...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> "DA74" <davidasto...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.- Hide quoted text -

Kurgobro,
Aside from my defense of Lafferty, what makes you think I haven't been
a part of this circle jerk from the beginning?

And by the way, with all due respect to you (with the exception of all
the unimaginative Lafferty-bashing lemmings) - You do realize that the
ultimate irony of all this is that he has been right all along -
right?
-DA74

z, fred

Jun 25, 2010, 9:13:39 PM6/25/10

Yes and no.

KG's criticism of Lafferty is mainly about Lafferty's, like LemonD's,
single minded obsession with LANCE without equal attention or concern
toward any of the other dopers.

DA74

Jun 25, 2010, 10:19:52 PM6/25/10
> toward any of the other dopers.- Hide quoted text -

And Lafferty's point all along, if I may loosely paraphrase in my
native tongue, is that LA is a fucking scoundrel of a dirty doper. He
has taken considerable heat for that position especially in the
earlier days before all the more recent corroboration came to light.

I've never understood why it is so wrong for Lafferty to point out
what he believes to be the biggest and longest running scam in bike
racing history. The Riccos, Millars, and Vandenbroukes all come and
go. He's been interested in exposing the biggest fish of them all.
Seems reasonable, no?

The problem is that there are so many fanboys that just can't believe
the dream might be smoke and mirrors. They can't believe the sport is
just a few steps removed from WWE so they lash out at a guy like
Lafferty who has seen through the bullshit all along and dares to
vocalize it.

rickhopkins

Jun 26, 2010, 12:41:26 AM6/26/10

Dude:

I can reorder Tom Marvolo Riddle and come up with Voldemort, but I am
having real trouble reordering the following and come up with Lance
Armstrong.

"AFLD has stated publicly that they have confidential information from
law enforcement and customs regarding riders to be targeted."

I read this as they have info that somebody may have brought some
illegal substances across the border and are currently doping or will
be doping during the TDF; Landis' info is hardly confidential. While
Lafferty and you may have a hard-on for Armstrong, I suspect while he
may be watched, he is not the rider(s) in question they have
"confidential information on"

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you will have to put the ky away for
now.

Rick

KGring

Jun 26, 2010, 12:45:17 AM6/26/10

Dumbass -

I've never had any illusions about doping in pro sport. The financial
incentives are too great, there is too much pressure to succeed even
outside of money.

I've got plenty of good doping stories to share, but only verbally.
IMO, it's not fair to put them up on usenet (or anywhere else on the
internet) since probably a minority of them are false. I don't want to
be responsible for pointing a false finger.

Keith

Jun 26, 2010, 7:15:29 AM6/26/10
On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 19:19:52 -0700 (PDT), DA74
<davida...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>And Lafferty's point all along, if I may loosely paraphrase in my
>native tongue, is that LA is a fucking scoundrel of a dirty doper. He
>has taken considerable heat for that position especially in the
>earlier days before all the more recent corroboration came to light.
>
>I've never understood why it is so wrong for Lafferty to point out
>what he believes to be the biggest and longest running scam in bike
>racing history. The Riccos, Millars, and Vandenbroukes all come and
>go. He's been interested in exposing the biggest fish of them all.
>Seems reasonable, no?

Absolutely, especially if you thrown in :
- the sick "I saw death in the eye so i would never dope and risk my
life
- the ante-dated prescription for his 1999 positive in the TdF
- "Ullrich is the most gifted racer", ok so dude how come you're
trouncing him in the ITTs and in the climbs ?
- Most likely pushed Ullrich over the edge. My guess is that this
happened after the 2004 TDF that Ullrich
- All the shitty "excuses" : brake was rubbing, I lost 10 pounts in
the ITT, Ullrich didn't wait for me., etc...

He killed cycling as we knew it and respected it and got away with it,
he deserves all the shit he got and will be getting hopefully from
Novitsky and co.

Frederick the Great

Jun 26, 2010, 1:26:43 PM6/26/10
In article
<ba596ac3-50d4-4b25...@x24g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,
DA74 <davida...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 24, 9:42 pm, "Fred Gringioni" <soulinthemach...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > "DA74" <davidasto...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > > You children are so predictable in your infantile comments. But, carry
> > > on. ROTFL!!- Hide quoted text -
> >

> > ::The depth and acuteness of the irony dripping from their man-crush
> > ::accusations against you never fails to amaze me. You must have hurt
> > ::them bro...bad.
> > ::
> > ::Like Lester Burnham in American Beauty who spurned the homosexual
> > ::advance of Colonel Fitts who then retaliates as a result of his pent
> > ::up repression. It's so classic it's amusing.
> >
> > Dumbass -
> >
> > If you'd been here since the beginning, you'd understand.
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
>

> Kurgobro,
> Aside from my defense of Lafferty, what makes you think I haven't been
> a part of this circle jerk from the beginning?
>
> And by the way, with all due respect to you (with the exception of all
> the unimaginative Lafferty-bashing lemmings) - You do realize that the
> ultimate irony of all this is that he has been right all along -
> right?

No, he has not been right all along. For instance, one
thing he is wrong about is taking for LANCE fanboys or
drug denialists anybody who does not share his attitude
toward drug use in cycling. This is amusing because he
is a fanboy. Listen to his moist anticipations of
federal prosecutors, subpoenas, interrogations, and perp walks.

--
Old Fritz

K. Fred Gauss

Jun 26, 2010, 1:47:51 PM6/26/10
DA74 wrote:

> And Lafferty's point all along,

He's had a lot of points. Some right, some wrong. He's argued that:

Armstrong's going to jail in 2002
Landis was clean in 2006
Armstrong's going to jail in 2003
Ulrich was clean all those times he was robbed of wins by LA
Armstrong's going to jail in 2004
Landis is going to jail for hacking AFLD
Armstrong's going to jail in 2005

etc., etc.

Believing that Armstrong's a doper is not the same as believing he'll go
to jail or be disgraced before the American public as Landis has been.
Believing that Armstrong's a doper doesn't mean that anyone else was
clean. These are the distinctions that have blown Brian's credibility,
if not his amusement value.

DA74

Jun 26, 2010, 5:01:09 PM6/26/10

I'm not talking about anything else here but the fact that Lafferty
was one of the only non-racers on this forum to question LA's
cleanliness. What's been interesting to watch is the progression of
insisted that this was simply not true. Now and over the last several
years where information has come into the public domain that seems to
overwhelmingly indicate LA was a dirty doper the response has changed
from the complete denial into a litany of other excuses as to why
Lafferty was actually wrong. It's amusing.

B. Lafferty

Jun 26, 2010, 6:28:24 PM6/26/10

It is amusing. A friend of mine picked up a water bottle thrown away by
Ulrich in the Pyrenees. Every time he uses it, he claims it gives him an
added boost. ;-)

Just a note--I don't race now but I did, primarily from 1978 -1984 on
the road. I've even sucked Lemond's wheel in a NYC race. Last race I
did was a time trial at Colebrook in CT back around 2004.

--D-y

Jun 26, 2010, 7:10:46 PM6/26/10
On Jun 26, 6:15 am, Keith <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:

> <davidasto...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >And Lafferty's point all along, if I may loosely paraphrase in my
> >native tongue, is that LA is a fucking scoundrel of a dirty doper. He
> >has taken considerable heat for that position especially in the
> >earlier days before all the more recent corroboration came to light.
>
> >I've never understood why it is so wrong for Lafferty to point out
> >what he believes to be the biggest and longest running scam in bike
> >racing history. The Riccos, Millars, and Vandenbroukes all come and
> >go. He's been interested in exposing the biggest fish of them all.
> >Seems reasonable, no?
>
> Absolutely, especially if you thrown in :
> - the sick "I saw death in the eye so i would never dope and risk my
> life
> - the ante-dated prescription for his 1999 positive in the TdF
> - "Ullrich is the most gifted racer", ok so dude how come you're
> trouncing him in the ITTs and in the climbs ?
> - Most likely pushed Ullrich over the edge. My guess is that this
> happened after the 2004 TDF that Ullrich
> - All the shitty "excuses" : brake was rubbing, I lost 10 pounts in
> the ITT, Ullrich didn't wait for me., etc...
>

> He killed cycling as we knew it and respected it (snip)

No he didn't. Festina, etc. etc:
<http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/tdf2007/news/story?id=2947903>

Above leaves out the PDM affair at the TdF in '91. Intralipids, legal?
Well, steroids and EPO were less so <g>:
(Wiki quote):
In November 1997 Cyclingnews.com reported an inquiry in The
Netherlands.[5] which appeared to reveal doping in the PDM team. Wim
Sanders, the doctor from 1990 to 1991, was the centre of the
investigation, which was initiated when the general manager of the
team, Manfred Krikke, called the Fiscal Information and Investigation
Service to investigate. It was said Sanders supplied anabolic steroids
and EPO to the team and was responsible for the intralipid affair of
the 1991 Tour de France.[5] According to cyclingnews.com, 1990 was the
height of the drug taking in the team and two riders stopped with
heart problems[5]; whether this refers to stopping professional
cycling or performance-enhancing drugs was unclear. Gisbers denied
knowledge of doping.[4]
(end quote)

(continue Keith quote):

> and got away with it,
> he deserves all the shit he got and will be getting hopefully from
> Novitsky and co.

This is why the special hatred directed toward Lance is misplaced--
"they were (are?) all doping".

I've repeatedly asked Brian why he appears (strongly, IMO) to hate
Armstrong so intensely.
Best answer (IMO) had something to do with "arrogance". Which means
that yes, this is a personal thing.
Accusing Lance of being the sole "killer of cycling" shows a whole lot
of negative, personal bias.

It's sad that the thing that matters most about "cleaning up the
sport" seems to punishing athletes, and moreover, Lance Armstrong in
particular-- just because he was one of "the best"?
Or because he pissed you off for some reason (arrogance?)?
--D-y

DemostiX

Jun 26, 2010, 8:09:34 PM6/26/10

Ignorant question:

Are domestiques and setup riders at substantial risk of testing if
they are nowhere near the front at the end of stages? I thought the
claim of some clean riders was that the peloton was unnaturally fast,
to the benefit of protected riders, clean or otherwise.

Harry Travis

Brad Anders

Jun 28, 2010, 10:28:28 AM6/28/10

What's amusing is how you keep saying that Lafferty was one of the
only ones to question LA's "cleanliness", when in fact, nearly
everyone who has argued with Brian (including me) has made it clear
that we don't think LA is clean. As you seem reasonably intelligent,
the only explanation I can come up with for your apparent lack of
comprehension is that you're doing it simply to encourage Brian to
keep posting.

Brad Anders

Brad Anders

Jun 28, 2010, 10:32:57 AM6/28/10
On Jun 24, 5:12 am, Keith <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
> cycling business as usual !
>
> ->http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/no-additional-tests-by-afld-at-tour?c...
> ->http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ricco-rumoured-to-ride-vuelta-for-qui...

Keith, even your doping antichrist finds the AFLD's actions at the
French national championships inexplicable. From LA's twit feed:

"Reading here in L'Equipe that AFLD decided against any drug controls
for the French TT championships"

Why should anyone trust the AFLD's intentions, given actions like
this? Maybe the UCI knows something here that you don't.

Brad Anders

Frederick the Great

Jun 28, 2010, 2:22:56 PM6/28/10
In article
<4a2c14c8-40d8-4784...@s9g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
Brad Anders <pban...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 24, 5:12 am, Keith <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
> > cycling business as usual !
> >
> > ->http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/no-additional-tests-by-afld-at-tour?c...
> > ->http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ricco-rumoured-to-ride-vuelta-for-qui...
>
> Keith, even your doping antichrist finds the AFLD's actions at the
> French national championships inexplicable. From LA's twit feed:
>
> "Reading here in L'Equipe that AFLD decided against any drug controls
> for the French TT championships"

Finally--a clean bicycle race.

--
Old Fritz