Looks like Schleck is delusional

Choppy Warburton

Jun 15, 2011, 2:46:01 PM6/15/11
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110615/sp_wl_afp/cyclingsuiluxfratour_20110615170057

The only "6 way" will be the race for 2nd and if Liz Hatch shows up
drunk one night.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Jun 15, 2011, 4:54:23 PM6/15/11
"Choppy Warburton" <choppyw...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110615/sp_wl_afp/cyclingsuiluxfratour_20110615170057
>
> The only "6 way" will be the race for 2nd and if Liz Hatch shows up
> drunk one night.

======
Schleck believes Dutchman Robert Gesink, Australian Cadel Evans and Italian
Ivan Basso -- both of whom have finished runner-up in the Tour -- will be
strong come July.

He also mentioned Belgian Jurgen van den Broeck, and his older brother
Frank.

"I'm not going to the Tour just to fight Contador," said Schleck.

"There's a lot of young riders coming up, young talents, so it's not just
Contador I have to beat, although he'll be among the favourites.

"I definitely think Gesink will be really good. Cadel will be strong and I
believe Ivan (Basso) will come to the Tour in good shape. Van den Broeck
also showed good shape in the Dauphine.

"There will be five or six, seven including my brother, who can win the
Tour."

He added: "Frank is in good shape but he's not in top form yet.
======

Cadel Evans could win through a war of attrition. Consistency rewarded
through the misfortune of others. Could happen.Gesink, no, not enough
experience, likely to crack under pressure when put to the test. Basso?
C'mon, you've got to be kidding, he'd have to be faking better than Lance in
'01. van den Broeck could likely win a tour someday, but not this year.
Brother Frank could be a surprise, but there's nobody in this short list who
can deal with AC at the top of his game. If AC is removed, Cadel's
consistency and ability to TTmay be rewarded.

C'mon Andy, show us you can TT and we might become believers. Just one solid
TT. That's all we ask for. Winning the TdF, if you're weak at time trialing,
just isn't going to happen against all-rounders who can (TT).

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

MagillaGorilla

Jun 20, 2011, 7:53:40 PM6/20/11
Choppy Warburton wrote:

Nice post, Chop.

Magilla

ilan

Jun 20, 2011, 7:58:44 PM6/20/11
On Jun 15, 8:46 pm, Choppy Warburton <choppywarbur...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110615/sp_wl_afp/cyclingsuiluxfratour_2...

> The only "6 way" will be the race for 2nd and if Liz Hatch shows up
> drunk one night.

That article is ridiculous, Andy Schleck right now has a 50%
probability of winning the Tour de France. The 2010 Tour de France,
that is: Given the lack of knowledge of CAS's decision, the scientific
assumption is to assume it has a 50% chance of suspending him for his
2010 Tour positive and giving the win to Andy Schleck.

-ilan

Fred Bucephalus Birchmore

Jun 21, 2011, 9:25:08 AM6/21/11
On Jun 15, 1:46 pm, Choppy Warburton <choppywarbur...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110615/sp_wl_afp/cyclingsuiluxfratour_2...
>

> The only "6 way" will be the race for 2nd and if Liz Hatch shows up
> drunk one night.

Those 6 guys shouldn't be too hard to identify. They'll be scratching
their crotches the way my dog goes after fleas.