Dead End for HTC Highroad?

Lindsay

Aug 1, 2011, 9:15:32 AM8/1/11
Is there a deal or is Stapleton bluffing again trying to stop people
from jumping from the sinking ship?

atriage

Aug 1, 2011, 10:31:56 AM8/1/11
On 01/08/2011 14:15, Lindsay wrote:
> Is there a deal or is Stapleton bluffing again trying to stop people
> from jumping from the sinking ship?

I predict a massive deal with Amgen is on the cards.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Aug 1, 2011, 12:00:12 PM8/1/11
"Lindsay" <lba...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Is there a deal or is Stapleton bluffing again trying to stop people
> from jumping from the sinking ship?

I think Stapleton could learn a thing or two (not from me) regarding
anxiety management. The FUD (Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt) that he's been
fostering is likely to cause people to jump ship, rather than encourage
them to stay. These are people's livelihoods we're talking about here,
which carry responsibilities that go beyond wanting to help the guy out
and keep the team together if possible.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Jim Feeley

Aug 2, 2011, 11:59:01 AM8/2/11
"Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com> wrote:

> I think Stapleton could learn a thing or two (not from me) regarding
> anxiety management. The FUD (Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt) that he's been
> fostering is likely to cause people to jump ship, rather than encourage
> them to stay. These are people's livelihoods we're talking about here,
> which carry responsibilities that go beyond wanting to help the guy out
> and keep the team together if possible.
>
> --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
> www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

You might be right. But I'd guess he's just keeping his mouth shut and perhaps
telling only team and staff what's really going on. I mean, he comes from real
business where casually talking to the press and outsiders can get you in real
trouble with the FTC, etc.

Note that Cavendish said he's decided on his team for 2012, but won't yet name
the team:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/cavendish-reveals-he-has-decided-his-team-
for-2012

Who but Stapleton could get Cavendish to keep his mouth shut?

My guess is Stapleton isn't jerking around his employees, so they know what's
going on. But that's just a guess...

Maybe the new sponsor is Linda McCartney vegetarian foods because that went so
well last time:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/vegetarian-cycling-squad-
collapses-without-mccartneys-money-704350.html

--
Jim
Jim Feeley