Argy Bargy

1 view

DirtRoadie

Jul 16, 2010, 12:09:22 AM7/16/10
For anyone who is aware that there is a still a race going on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L8VLgLX7AM

Renshaw was thrown out. Should he have been?

DR

Scott

Jul 16, 2010, 12:24:21 AM7/16/10

Yes.

Kurgan Gringioni

Jul 16, 2010, 2:19:13 AM7/16/10

"Scott" <hendric...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Dumbass -

Agreed, but not for the stated reason (headbutting Dean).

Renshaw chopped Farrar after he was done leading out. Can't have that.
Relegating the leadout guy doesn't do any good. Can't relegate Cav since he
didn't do anything wrong. The only other option is throwing the offender
(Renshaw) out of the race.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Amit Ghosh

Jul 16, 2010, 6:26:31 AM7/16/10
On Jul 16, 2:19 am, "Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinthemach...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> "Scott" <hendricks_sc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

dumbass,

chopping usually results in relegation at worst (other option is a
fine), but his head butting was so blatant, that got him kicked out.
just as taking your hand off the bars and punching someone would.

Carl Sundquist

Jul 16, 2010, 7:16:25 AM7/16/10

Dumbass,

One head butt is ok, but two or three isn't? If head butting is so
wrong there should be a specific rule against it, but there isn't.

The big issue here is that there isn't a /suitable/ penalty that acts
as a deterrent for Renshaw stuffing Farrar.

Anton Berlin

Jul 16, 2010, 8:40:45 AM7/16/10
it's a fuggin aussie and a kiwi - for christ's sake they got rugby in
their blood

Uncle Dave

Jul 16, 2010, 9:47:04 AM7/16/10

The oth thing is that it happens all the time on the track, though not
so persistently maybe. Jeez, if you're not allowed to lean on someone
in a sprint FFS...

UD

Ronko

Jul 16, 2010, 11:03:32 AM7/16/10
In article <0949544a-f46f-42d8-9f00-
1289a7...@c10g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>,
DirtR...@aol.com says...
Yes. The head movements three times against Julian Dean are very
obvious. Then look closely, Renshaw briefly glances to his left right
before changing his line to the left blocking Tyler Farrar.

Betty

Jul 16, 2010, 11:06:14 AM7/16/10
Anton Berlin wrote:
> it's a fuggin aussie and a kiwi - for christ's sake they got rugby in
> their blood

Perhaps they should introduce a yellow card/red card system into
sprinting. I wonder how many red cards Abdu would have got.

Carl Sundquist

Jul 16, 2010, 1:20:39 PM7/16/10
On Jul 16, 10:03 am, Ronko <ronkreu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In article <0949544a-f46f-42d8-9f00-
> 1289a7a7e...@c10g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>,
> DirtRoa...@aol.com says...

> >For anyone who is aware that there is a still a race going on
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L8VLgLX7AM
>
> >Renshaw was thrown out. Should he have been?
>
> >DR
>
> Yes. The head movements three times against Julian Dean are very
> obvious. Then look closely, Renshaw briefly glances to his left right
> before changing his line to the left blocking Tyler Farrar.

When head butting is outlawed, only outlaws will head butt.

Zeno

Jul 16, 2010, 1:36:58 PM7/16/10
On Jul 16, 5:16 am, Carl Sundquist <carl.sundqu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dumbass,
>
> One head butt is ok, but two or three isn't? If head butting is so
> wrong there should be a specific rule against it, but there isn't.

There isn't a specific rule about pulling a knife and stabbing the guy
either.

Zeno

Fred Flintstein

Jul 16, 2010, 2:31:14 PM7/16/10

You know, I was just pondering this in the context of Superweek
sprints. A head butt or three would not get you tossed but pulling
a gun or a knife might. Maybe. There are guys at Superweek that
would have a Tour sprinter for lunch.

Fred Flintstein

Ben Trovato

Jul 16, 2010, 5:03:06 PM7/16/10

Depends on how well Abdu's opponents would have mastered the arts of
diving and screaming...

Carl Sundquist

Jul 16, 2010, 5:42:27 PM7/16/10

Dumbass,

Scott

Jul 16, 2010, 6:58:51 PM7/16/10
On Jul 16, 12:31 pm, Fred Flintstein

You're assuming that the guys at Superweek could keep up with the Tour
sprinters. You can't headbutt someone if you can't catch them.

Plano Dude

Jul 16, 2010, 7:14:28 PM7/16/10

There are plenty of riders at Superweek who can go as fast as the Tour
sprinters in a criterium, but not at the end of a 200 km stage.