Finally found a racing result for the new resident dope fiend

Anton Berlin

Jan 31, 2011, 9:49:14 PM1/31/11
Unless the race promoter identified him as a "Dairy Queen" this looks
par for the course.

http://www.nmcycling.org/results/2006/results/DowntownCrit.pdf

Maybe he's both.

Anton Berlin

Jan 31, 2011, 10:04:44 PM1/31/11
Also the 22nd fastest guy (or girl) in Albuquerque including an
unattached 50 year old beating his "mediocre cat 1" ass on a
consistent basis.

http://www.nmcycling.org/results/2005/results/DETTFinal.pdf

Anton Berlin

Jan 31, 2011, 10:18:46 PM1/31/11
And a DNF - not a DNS

http://www.nmcycling.org/results/?action=GetCyclistById&id=802

Another 'Legend in his own Mind"

So basically a "mediocre cat 1" DQs, DNFs then drafts off a man 20
years his senior with no racing experience all while doped to the
gills and possesing the ethical code of the polio virus is now telling
us 'HOW IT IS'.

Like I said, he should probably shoot his parents for passing along
all of that bad genetic material.

Same advice I gave the Menendez brothers when they were afflicted with
baldness as teenagers.

I wonder what ever happened to those crazy kids?

Fred Fredburger

Jan 31, 2011, 11:47:44 PM1/31/11

Kiddies, this is why you should never, EVER tell strangers your name.

Anton Berlin

Feb 1, 2011, 10:23:19 AM2/1/11
On Jan 31, 10:47 pm, Fred Fredburger

Anton aka "me" agrees.

Brad Anders

Feb 1, 2011, 12:23:58 PM2/1/11

Pussies.

Choppy Warburton

Feb 1, 2011, 12:43:00 PM2/1/11

It's common sense. Crazed nuts can find out a lot about you in less
than an hour once they have your name.

And if you end up missing in the desert no one here will even notice
you're gone

RicodJour

Feb 1, 2011, 5:29:52 PM2/1/11
On Feb 1, 12:43 pm, Choppy Warburton <choppywarbur...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> It's common sense.  Crazed nuts can find out a lot about you in less
> than an hour once they have your name.
>
> And if you end up missing in the desert no one here will even notice
> you're gone

If they notice the dessert is missing, I'm gone.

Senior Executive, Master Fatty Mottos division

Message has been deleted

Ryan Cousineau

Feb 2, 2011, 12:57:20 PM2/2/11

The rbr FAQ hasn't been updated lately; what allusive trope did I miss
this time?

Mike

Feb 4, 2011, 9:08:57 PM2/4/11
wow, what a bunch of fat googling hater losers.
Sigh..
I quit bike racing in 1998, at the age of 25, I spend a few years
trying my best, I went from
cat. 5 to cat. 1 in three years. but I was nothing special.
In 2006, I rode my bike from my home to downtown Albuquerque and did a
crit on a one day license.
I was riding with downtube shifters.
I got in a break with some very fast guys and rotated for an hour,
attacked on the last lap and got fourth.
Jamie Gandara, a pro on Kenda won the race, he pulled for %90 of the
time and deserved the win,
we were riding against two other guys on the same team, Randy and Dan,
who were always much
faster than me.
After the race, I collected $200 and then a week later I was told that
ex-cat. 1's have to race
as CAT. 5's, on a one day license which made no sense and I was DNF
but I kept the money - I earned it!
Now if you want to get more personal, I turned a 52 minute 40k in the
win, and won some
DETT's, double eagle time trials, after I quit racing.
While racing, I got 9th at Bisbee overall, 15th overall at Tucson
Classic, and some prologues at
some stage races. I did superweek and saw the real dope fiends in
action.
I hope I'm good enough to post here, if not let me know...

Mike

Feb 4, 2011, 9:40:48 PM2/4/11

I have no idea what you are talking about, a Dairy Queen? I like a
Chocolate Buster Parfait after my kids
little league baseball game as much as the next guy, but this
reference is so obscure to me it isn't offensive in any way.

This was 8 years after I quit racing...and I got fourth, and I was
racing on a
bike with downtube shifters and 14 year old tri-spokes? I was on 6
cups of
coffee at the time, that was it.
Am I supposed to be embarrassed about this?
I got fourth at a local pro/cat downtown crit 8 years after I quit
racing?
Again, I don't care what you think of me, but I have the idea that
maybe
your palmares are not so impressive. Maybe they are - brag about
yourself, I would love to know
the race results of guys that spend most of their time googling other
people - you could be out training that
whole time, and then maybe you could get fourth at a local race. Who
knows?
But you are unwilling, which is fine - and we really don't care about
your pizza making abilities, which may be impressive,
but not bicycle related.

Mike

Feb 4, 2011, 10:00:34 PM2/4/11
On Jan 31, 9:47 pm, Fred Fredburger

Hey Fred,
Here is a result from 1999, when I was actually trying to race:
http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/results/1999/apr99/apr26.shtml
15th out of 120 guys at the Tucson Classic - a regional stage race,
nothing special,
but please don't call me out anymore, I was exactly what I claim
to be : a mediocre cat. 1. I quit racing pretty soon after this, I
wanted to try something new:
financially supporting myself.
Do I really need to defend myself? I was trying me best.
You are probably a fat dude that spends his time googling, maybe you
don't want anyone
to know your name for a reason.
I respect Brad Anders for not being a pussy, he never knew me but I
knew of him
for a reason, at least he was a real person and not a sycophantic
newsgroup fanboy troll.
If you raced, and know about Brewers Hill and Gates Pass and Mogollon,
just email me
and we can talk...

RicodJour

Feb 4, 2011, 11:11:05 PM2/4/11
On Feb 4, 9:08 pm, Mike <fatschitz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> but I was nothing special.

Your self-awareness is exemplary, Matt.

Frederick the Great

Feb 5, 2011, 12:15:24 AM2/5/11
In article
<81819158-f33d-426c...@q2g2000pre.googlegroups.com>,
Mike <mtsch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> deserved the win,

Nobody deserves the win.

--
Old Fritz

Mike

Feb 5, 2011, 12:51:04 AM2/5/11
On Feb 4, 10:15 pm, Frederick the Great <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> In article
> <81819158-f33d-426c-8af6-58ec76c44...@q2g2000pre.googlegroups.com>,

>  Mike <mtschatz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > deserved the win,
>
> Nobody deserves the win.
>
> --
> Old Fritz

You've never been in a four man break, in the wind, over rollers for
four hours have you? Everyone in the group knows that some riders are
doing their fair share of work and deserves to win...and somebody is
soft-pedalling and pretending to suffer when they aren't.
A lot of time I couldn't win, but I could make sure a guy lost. I made
sure that the guys who didn't contribute didn't win, I would drag them
back with a K to go - and any serious cyclist knows what I am talking
about.
I found that most real bike racers are gentlemen.

Fred

Feb 5, 2011, 1:36:31 AM2/5/11

Please just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

Fred

Mike

Feb 5, 2011, 1:57:09 AM2/5/11

Hmm, I'm myself, and I'm not embarrassed at all.
Who are you anyway?
How can you pretend to know anything about cycling without revealing
your
background? You don't have to mention your name, but you could at
least
say "I'm a 55 year old fat ass from Iowa that raced my bike as a cat 5
for
two years during the Lance Armstrong fanboy era, 2003-2005."

or "I did Ragbrai once and my wife had to pick me up at a gas station
in Des Moines because I got cramps and wanted to eat some beef jerky."

Or "I got ninth overall at the Tuesday night crit series in shit-town
Vermont."
Anything, throw us a bone.

How can you pretend to judge me while you hide behind your anonymity?
It's not like you say anything controversial, or have an identity that
needs protection,
you have nothing to say but one line posts that mean nothing...
at least you could say something interesting just once and justify
your anonymous
existence.
Better yet, tell us what makes you capable of pretending that I don't
know anything
about cycling and you do? Be specific - if you are correct, I will
shut up and bow down to
your authority.
I think your one line anonymous posts that criticize others are an
indication that you are a spineless and anonymous coward,
prove me wrong,
Mike

RicodJour

Feb 5, 2011, 1:57:30 AM2/5/11
On Feb 5, 1:36 am, Fred <fred.gar...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Feb 4, 8:00 pm, Mike <miss-schatzie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hey Fred,
> > Here is a result from 1999, when I was actually trying to race:http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/results/1999/apr99/apr26.shtml
> > 15th out of 120 guys at the Tucson Classic - a regional stage race,
> > nothing special,
> > but please don't call me out anymore, I was exactly what I claim
> > to be : a mediocre cat. 1. I quit racing pretty soon after this, I
> > wanted to try something new:
> > financially supporting myself.
> > Do I really need to defend myself? I was trying me best.
> > You are probably a fat dude that spends his time googling, maybe you
> > don't want anyone
> > to know your  name for a reason.
> > I respect Brad Anders for not being a pussy, he never knew me but I
> > knew of him
> > for a reason, at least he was a real person and not a sycophantic
> > newsgroup fanboy troll.
> > If you raced, and know about Brewers Hill and Gates Pass and Mogollon,
> > just email me
> > and we can talk...
>
> Please just stop.  You're embarrassing yourself.

No! Don't stop. I can't wait for the implosion and for him to start
challenging people to fistfights at Starbucks.

Mike

Feb 5, 2011, 2:19:08 AM2/5/11

You aren't people.

Mike

Feb 5, 2011, 2:45:44 AM2/5/11
On Feb 4, 11:57 pm, RicodJour <ricodj...@worldemail.com> wrote:

Ok Rico is no joke when it comes to posting online, I mean how do you
make 531 posts in one month in 50 different groups dude? Puzzles,
pizza, woodworking, bike-racing, cardiology, vacuum cleaners,
architecture, is there ANYTHING you aren't interested in?
Rico is a real Renaissance man, I googled him - like you guys like to
do - and learned about
a fine dovetail saw, I bought a cheap one at Sears, but the one he
recommends seems much better - one year guarantee -
I bet he is a much better woodworker than I was a bike-racer, but Rico
doesn't like to toot his own horn:

rec.woodworking 5 days ago
OT: How to find out what's really happening in Egypt
alt.home.repair 6 days ago
Mr. Vaughters rec.bicycles.racing 6 days ago
What is it? Set 373 rec.crafts.metalworking Jan 28
Playing the Building by David Byrne alt.architecture Jan 27
Hip roof construction alt.building.construction Jan 23
What is it? Set 371 rec.puzzles Jan 15
what's the deal with the heavily-advertized dyson vacuum cleaners?
misc.consumers Oct 18 2009
how much impact do indigent healthcare, malpractice and ...
sci.med.cardiology Jun 23 2009
kp2009may13 subs#18: wood-fired panel mold alt.ucp May 18 2009
Show all »
Post Activity

Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2005 15 112 183 20 192 199 168 328 163 66 604
2006 499 307 531 157 338 258 212 136 178 275 676 308
2007 44 55 563 9 190 537 471 134 36 158 108 191
2008 67 134 168 284 115 360 273 274 101 32 34
2009 86 39 23 116 641 390 215 5 37 457 375 136
2010 129 43 30 31 40 294 385 136 366 213 48
2011 531 96

Fred

Feb 5, 2011, 9:01:28 AM2/5/11

I'm not pretending you know, or don't know, anything. I'm stating
emphatically that your posts about your results, which you seem to
think lend credence to what you know, aren't helping your case. And
for what it's worth, let me state also that my results, or lack
thereof, aren't relevant. One difference between you and me is that I
know it. Oh, another difference would be that I didn't need to dope
to achieve my mediocrity.

Now, if you want to talk about this man to man, we could meet at the
Starbucks on Tramway. :-)

Anton Berlin

Feb 5, 2011, 9:53:18 AM2/5/11

LMAO - another grand slam ! Why aren't you this clever when trying to
ridicule me?

Anton Berlin

Feb 5, 2011, 10:00:22 AM2/5/11

You're a doper - a cheater and a fraud and you're still dishonest with
yourself about what you've done and you're trying to get us to buy
into your mentality that there are "real dopers" and respectable guys
like you.

Sorry Mike - you crossed the line - there's no such thing as sucking a
"little bit of dick."

Anton Berlin

Feb 5, 2011, 10:15:44 AM2/5/11

The reason people post under aliases are numerous

1. nobody gives a shit about anyone's accomplishments
2. everyone gives a shit about logic and reason in here and having a
good laugh now and then
3. cycling includes a number of fruitcakes, dreamers and psychopaths
and the group has had its share on nutcases

The broad reality - there are some good cyclists in this room - some
that won then and some that win now.

I have no problem guessing that you and your dope would be about 7-8%
slower than me (clean). I raced and trained with the best riders in
the US (some holding world records, world and olympic championships)
as near equals - ( my PBs within less than 1% to about 2% off of their
PBs depending on the event.)

Those last 2 points are like the ice at a bottom of a glacier - dense
and impenetrable (as an honest rider) -

With dope you're still on the surface of the glacier making snow
angels in the soft fluffy powder and trying to get attention for your
accomplishments.

http://clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=DC6B0E7AC78CB973

Anton Berlin

Feb 5, 2011, 10:16:52 AM2/5/11

Are you becoming a googling fat-ass ?

I like rico more now that I know he has more interests.

RicodJour

Feb 5, 2011, 10:56:03 AM2/5/11
On Feb 5, 10:15 am, Anton Berlin <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The reason people post under aliases are numerous
>
> 1.  nobody gives a shit about anyone's accomplishments
> 2. everyone gives a shit about logic and reason in here and having a
> good laugh now and then
> 3.  cycling includes a number of fruitcakes, dreamers and psychopaths
> and the group has had its share on nutcases
>
> The broad reality - there are some good cyclists in this room - some
> that won then and some that win now.
>
> I have no problem guessing that you and your dope would be about 7-8%
> slower than me (clean).    I raced and trained with the best riders in
> the US (some holding world records, world and olympic championships)
> as near equals - ( my PBs within less than 1% to about 2% off of their
> PBs depending on the event.)
>
> Those last 2 points are like the ice at a bottom of a glacier - dense
> and impenetrable (as an honest rider)  -
>
> With dope you're still on the surface of the glacier making snow
> angels in the soft fluffy powder and trying to get attention for your
> accomplishments.
>
> http://clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=DC6B0E7AC78CB973

I was let down by that link. That's obviously not Yahtzee. I did
this "googling" thing he mentioned and it is really quite incredible.
Found his web site - seems to be an industrious guy.
http://files.myopera.com/Zaphira/blog/an%20angel.jpeg

Frederick the Great

Feb 5, 2011, 3:33:18 PM2/5/11
In article
<cc56ddcb-57c3-4459...@o32g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
Mike <mtsch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 4, 10:15 pm, Frederick the Great <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> > In article
> > <81819158-f33d-426c-8af6-58ec76c44...@q2g2000pre.googlegroups.com>,
> >
> >  Mike <mtschatz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > deserved the win,
> >
> > Nobody deserves the win.
>

> You've never been in a four man break, in the wind, over rollers for
> four hours have you? Everyone in the group knows that some riders are
> doing their fair share of work and deserves to win...and somebody is
> soft-pedalling and pretending to suffer when they aren't.
> A lot of time I couldn't win, but I could make sure a guy lost. I made
> sure that the guys who didn't contribute didn't win, I would drag them
> back with a K to go - and any serious cyclist knows what I am talking
> about.
> I found that most real bike racers are gentlemen.

Gentlemen or not, it's a race---not everybody
gets a trophy for showing up special olympics.
Nobody gives away a win. It's ripped out of your heart.
If you were good enough you would have won that race.
You weren't and now you are chamois sniffing,
pretending that it does not mean anything to
you except you did the right thing.

--
Old Fritz

Simply Fred

Feb 5, 2011, 3:46:31 PM2/5/11
Mike wrote:
> Ok Rico is no joke when it comes to posting online, I mean how do you
> make 531 posts in one month in 50 different groups dude? Puzzles,
> pizza, woodworking, bike-racing, cardiology, vacuum cleaners,
> architecture,

If you want to stock rbr posters check out the fleshlight forum.

Simply Fred

Feb 5, 2011, 3:47:24 PM2/5/11
Anton Berlin wrote:
> Sorry Mike - you crossed the line - there's no such thing as sucking a
> "little bit of dick."

I thought you were an expert on accusing people of sucking on one ball.

Fred Flintstein

Feb 5, 2011, 4:21:35 PM2/5/11
On 2/4/2011 11:51 PM, Mike wrote:
> You've never been in a four man break, in the wind, over rollers for
> four hours have you? Everyone in the group knows that some riders are
> doing their fair share of work and deserves to win...and somebody is
> soft-pedalling and pretending to suffer when they aren't.
> A lot of time I couldn't win, but I could make sure a guy lost. I made
> sure that the guys who didn't contribute didn't win, I would drag them
> back with a K to go - and any serious cyclist knows what I am talking
> about.
> I found that most real bike racers are gentlemen.

So let me get this straight, I want to make sure I've got your
talking points down right.

- You give up on races where you are not the strongest rider.
- This is because you correctly realize that you aren't smart
enough to manufacture a win in this situation.
- You have hostility towards riders that are smarter than
you are.
- You're not smart enough to realize the above points aren't
something to brag about.

Do I have this correct?

Fred Flintstein

PS This is sort of like how you demonstrate mastery of run on
sentences and think that being a former English teacher means
that it isn't poor writing.

PPS When Boogerd sat on LANCE for 4764km at Amstel and came around
at the end to win by almost nothing he deserved the win. One of
the things you do to deserve a win is not ride like a moran.