Landis drug runner bike recovered.

TheCoz

Aug 12, 2010, 9:08:54 PM8/12/10

raamman

Aug 13, 2010, 1:15:43 AM8/13/10
On Aug 12, 9:08 pm, TheCoz <cycled...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/post/Bike-bought-for-5-at-yard-sale-bel...

> Found on an interstate, must have been in hot pursuit?
> Coz

it reveals how much spite the owner had for his custom made bike and
his sponsor to discard it like that.

spite.

scorn.

one flucked up boy

Plano Dude

Aug 13, 2010, 7:23:23 AM8/13/10

Nice sig line.

Where is your proof that *Landis* discarded the bike?

raamman

Aug 13, 2010, 2:44:55 PM8/13/10

not proof; but it was given to him, that implies ownership or
responsibility for; it was not reported stolen when it went missing- I
would think that the sponsor expected the bike to kept in floyds
possession and did not request it's return (floyd probabally needed
room in his van for a few cases of beer on the way back from ledville
or wherever)

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Aug 13, 2010, 5:49:45 PM8/13/10

You remind me of the guy from university inventory
control who comes around each year to check the
inventory tags on the 30-year-old bookshelf, the
broken office chair that's in the hallway, the 10 year old
computer that isn't plugged in anymore. Somebody
signed for that office chair, and if it's missing there's
gonna be TROUBLE!

Fredmaster Ben

raamman

Aug 13, 2010, 9:24:31 PM8/13/10
> Fredmaster Ben- Hide quoted text -

it did go missing; floyd had it and apparently discarded it- my point
is that floyd has no respect for his sponsors, the equiptment and by
extension, the sport. would you not wince if you saw a kid lean the
top tube of his new colnago against the corner of a brick wall ?

RicodJour

Aug 13, 2010, 9:55:48 PM8/13/10
On Aug 13, 9:24 pm, raamman <raam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 13, 5:49 pm, Fredmaster of Brainerd <bjwei...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > not proof; but it was given to him, that implies ownership or
> > > responsibility for; it was not reported stolen when it went missing- I
> > > would think that the sponsor expected the bike to kept in floyds
> > > possession and did not request it's return (floyd probabally needed
> > > room in his van for a few cases of beer on the way back from ledville
> > > or wherever)
>
> > You remind me of the guy from university inventory
> > control who comes around each year to check the
> > inventory tags on the 30-year-old bookshelf, the
> > broken office chair that's in the hallway, the 10 year old
> > computer that isn't plugged in anymore.  Somebody
> > signed for that office chair, and if it's missing there's
> > gonna be TROUBLE!
>
> it did go missing; floyd had it and apparently discarded it- my point
> is that floyd has no respect for his sponsors, the equiptment and by
> extension, the sport. would you not wince if you saw a kid lean the
> top tube of his new colnago against the corner of a brick wall ?

Whether he dwarf-tossed it out of the back of the van, it was on the
roof and fell off without anybody realizing it, or it was stolen, so
what? What's the big deal? I mean seriously - do you really care?

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Aug 13, 2010, 11:23:18 PM8/13/10

Dumbass,

You read some story on the interwebs - we have no idea
if this story is even true, and you should always be suspicious
of a guy who says he found a bike by the side of the road -
and you immediately assume that Floyd is out there tossing
mountain bikes off trucks as if he were throwing free sausages
out in the TdF publicity caravan.

How do you know that Floyd didn't
- sell the bike
- give it to somebody
- give it to somebody who was supposed to return
it to the sponsor
- have it stolen after the race or out of his van
or his mechanic's van or whatever
- beat it to death riding MTB races and fob it off on
some local racer as a gesture
- auction it on ebay for the Floyd Fairness Fund
- toss it to a little kid who gave him a can of Coke, like
Mean Joe Greene and his towel?

Floyd's a fuckup, so anything that has to do with Floyd,
you adduce as evidence that he is a fuckup. This is
called confirmation bias.

By the way, to sponsored racers, bikes are means to an end -
they're almost consumables, like inner tubes are to the
rest of us. Worse things happen to raced bikes than leaning
Colnagos against corners.

Fredmaster Ben

dbrower

Aug 13, 2010, 11:33:32 PM8/13/10
It was being brought to the Mohican 100 for him by some other people
in May 2008, and apparently fell off the back of their vehicle on the
way. He had to ride a loaner, crashed shortly after the start and
abandoned.

He didn't voluntarily part with it.

refs:

http://trustbut.blogspot.com/2008/06/sunday-roundup.html
http://trustbut.blogspot.com/2008/05/saturday-roundup_31.html

-dB

DirtRoadie

Aug 14, 2010, 2:00:17 AM8/14/10

Interesting. But this TBV site- Is it reliable?
DR

Beloved Fred No. 1

Aug 14, 2010, 6:08:39 AM8/14/10

raamman wrote:
> it reveals how much spite the owner had for his custom made bike and
> his sponsor to discard it like that.

Dumbass,
He was training for the world bicycle throwing championships. He'll need
some good shit though, I heard Riis is competing, although a BritWimp
like Millar should be easy to beat.

raamman

Aug 15, 2010, 5:02:52 AM8/15/10
On Aug 13, 11:33 pm, dbrower <dbro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It was being brought to the Mohican 100 for him by some other people
> in May 2008, and apparently fell off the back of their vehicle on the
> way.   He had to ride a loaner, crashed shortly after the start and
> abandoned.
>

> http://trustbut.blogspot.com/2008/06/sunday-roundup.htmlhttp://trustbut.blogspot.com/2008/05/saturday-roundup_31.html
>
> -dB

sure that wasn't just an excuse ? floyd was trying to show the suckers
that he did win the tdf fair and square- failing to dominate a local
mtn bike race would cause some of supporters to question their faith
in him at the time- an excuse would be a convienient lie. although
hard to tell, I can't say the bike in the pics are different.