Re: Campy Chorus 11-Frt. Der. Adjustment Issue

Michael Press

Aug 29, 2010, 9:54:09 PM8/29/10
In article
<1e454a8c-16a6-4e9b...@x25g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,
goldmine848 <goldm...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> New bike with Campy Chorus 11 group. Despite every possible cable
> adjustment I cannot get the left lever to hold the last "click" when
> shifting up to the big ring. If clicks down everytime I stand and put
> pressure on the hoods. Also, the last click to the big ring never
> feels positive and solid . Is the lever defective or am I missing
> something?

I do not know.
Adding rec.bicycles.racing to the distribution list.

--
Michael Press

Zeno

Aug 30, 2010, 5:54:52 PM8/30/10
On Aug 29, 7:54 pm, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> In article
> <1e454a8c-16a6-4e9b-bbf2-de47a836f...@x25g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,

>  goldmine848 <goldmine...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > New bike with Campy Chorus 11 group. Despite every possible cable
> > adjustment I cannot get the left lever to hold the last "click" when
> > shifting up to the big ring. If clicks down everytime I stand and put
> > pressure on the hoods. Also, the last click to the big ring never
> > feels positive and solid . Is the lever defective or am I missing
> > something?
>
> I do not know.
> Adding rec.bicycles.racing to the distribution list.
>
> --
> Michael Press

Er, have you tried backing out the adjustment screw on the derailleur
that limits the travel to allow the cage to move further to the right
and then re-adjusting the cable tension?