An actual cycling question - plagued by flats lately

Anton Berlin

May 24, 2010, 9:07:43 AM5/24/10
I've been using the Vittoria Paves but the last 3 rides I went out on
I flatted.

Anyone have any good (not slime for fucks sake) strategies or a hot
clincher set up for flat avoidance?

Has to be in the 23-25mm range because of clearance concerns. TIA

Scott

May 24, 2010, 9:10:26 AM5/24/10

Tubeless, with sealant. Everything about your ride will be better
than what you'll get with the typical "flat resistant" clincher.
Hell, everything about your ride will be better than what you'd get
with all but the best tubulars or "race quality" clinchers.

Choppy Warburton

May 24, 2010, 10:58:56 AM5/24/10

Had a fast flat with this combination? Would be concerned about this
possibility

http://yarchive.net/bike/tire_goo.html

bar

May 24, 2010, 11:47:02 AM5/24/10

Try Continental Gatorskins. I've had good luck with them the last
couple of seasons with respect to high (junk) mileage and flat
avoidance.

Brad Anders

May 24, 2010, 12:17:12 PM5/24/10

I switched over to tubeless with sealant this past month. While I
haven't had any punctures yet, the ride alone is worth the switch. I'm
using Ultegra WH-6700's and Specialized tubeless tires, with Slime.

Brad Anders

Steven Bornfeld

May 24, 2010, 6:09:53 PM5/24/10

Wow, am I out of it--tubeless, sealer, slime???

Old and in the way,
Steve

bar

May 24, 2010, 6:44:51 PM5/24/10
On May 24, 6:09 pm, Steven Bornfeld <bornfeldm...@dentaltwins.com>
wrote:

i hope you whipper-snappers aren't riding tubeless with all-carbon
forks ... because god knows even Slime (TM) won't help you in the
event of a blowout/fork explosion

Dear Crabby

May 24, 2010, 8:53:46 PM5/24/10
On 5/24/10 6:07 AM, in article
1786d4af-7f07-4371...@s41g2000vba.googlegroups.com, "Anton
Berlin" <truth...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I have had similar problems before but it turned out to NOT be the tires..
Check exactly were the leak is. Sometimes it is a bad batch of tubes or the
need for a change of tube brand. Worked for me.

A. Dumas Fred

May 25, 2010, 5:27:02 AM5/25/10
Anton Berlin wrote:
> Anyone have any good (not slime for fucks sake) strategies or a hot
> clincher set up for flat avoidance?

Lose weight. Be nimble. Not saying I'm good at either but I haven't
flatted for since I can remember with both Continental GP 4000S and
Michelin Pro 3 Race. I regularly ride on gravel roads.