Sunglasses

RicodJour

Jul 14, 2010, 5:38:07 PM7/14/10
Like those Oakleys? This is some interesting reading.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704518904575365362932852610.html

Main gist of the story:
Most sunglasses are made by the same company, and they have a very fat
margin.

Steve Freides

Jul 14, 2010, 10:49:08 PM7/14/10

This is, for better or for worse, not news and not limited to
sunglasses. My father, now retired, was in the eyeglass business, and
he tells stories of eye doctors buying last year's frames at trade shows
for $1 apiece and selling them for $150 or more.

FWIW, I buy my reading glasses at a dollar store - they work just fine,
and because they cost $1, I buy lots of them, leave them all over the
house and car, and always have a pair when I need them.

-S-