Thor to Garmin confirmed

bar

Aug 30, 2010, 11:08:11 PM8/30/10
along with several other Cervelo riders ... what does this mean for
Farrar, CVV, and jelly belly?

is Garmin big enough to support both a European team and a domestic US
squad?

Ben Trovato

Aug 31, 2010, 12:06:38 AM8/31/10

A Grand Tour squad and a Classics squad. Unless/til the UCI changes
its rules, there aren't many N. American races available to them.

Scott

Aug 31, 2010, 12:40:13 AM8/31/10

Why would you assume this would affect Farrar? As was pointed out in
at least one article, he has soundly beaten Hushovd in virtually
sprint they've contested against each other.

LawBoy01

Aug 31, 2010, 2:41:30 AM8/31/10

What does Thor think about being second sprinter fiddle to Tyler?

Beloved Fred No. 1

Aug 31, 2010, 3:21:09 AM8/31/10

LawBoy01 wrote:
> What does Thor think about being second sprinter fiddle to Tyler?

I expect he's more interested in the classics and the green jersey.

Fred Flintstein

Aug 31, 2010, 9:11:35 AM8/31/10

I think it's about time they dumped Julian Dean for someone
that can compete with Renshaw.

Fred Flintstein

derf...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2010, 11:07:03 AM8/31/10
On Aug 31, 9:11 am, Fred Flintstein <bob.schwa...@sbcremoveglobal.net>
wrote:

> I think it's about time they dumped Julian Dean for someone
> that can compete with Renshaw.

You mean it's about time they dumped Dean for someone who can butt
heads with the best of them, right?

Magilla Gorilla

Aug 31, 2010, 12:47:53 PM8/31/10
bar wrote:

Vaughters needs to start hiring riders instead of statistics. I don't
see Thor and Tyler cooperating in sprints. But Thor at least gives
Vaughters a sliver of hope to claim that elusive green jersey he's been
looking for since he started his "anti-doping" team. Because with guys
like Tyler and Vande Velde, all you got there are guys who crash out of
races every other week and then drag everyone through their soap opera of
recovery.

It's getting a bit old,

Magilla

Frederick the Great

Aug 31, 2010, 2:17:05 PM8/31/10
In article <NLCdnU4qBvwaYuHR...@giganews.com>,
Fred Flintstein <bob.sc...@sbcremoveglobal.net> wrote:

Farrar?

--
Old Fritz

Magilla Gorilla

Aug 31, 2010, 4:11:14 PM8/31/10
LawBoy01 wrote:

Dumbass...Thor won the green jersey multiple times. Tyler has never won it.
All Tyler does is win 2nd rate one-day races and then spend the rest of the
season explaining why he got second to the GEICO Caveman.

Magilla

Fred Flintstein

Aug 31, 2010, 4:27:29 PM8/31/10

Dumbass,

Thor ain't gonna win the green jersey again. He got spanked this year
and next year he'll be 33. Farrar is six years younger, and sprinter
years are like dog years. That may as well be a century.

Just as Zabel how that works, he'll tell you.

Fred Flintstein

Magilla Gorilla

Aug 31, 2010, 10:15:37 PM8/31/10
Fred Flintstein wrote:

Any team who goes to the Tour with green jersey aspirations means they are
sabotaging their GC chances with what is a fucking gay goal. Vaughters really
ain't that bright after all with his little Drew Carry look because winning the
green jersey is a fucking meaningless accomplishment.

There's only 1 winner in the Tour de France, not 28. Cycling is the only sport
that tries to confuse fans by having all these assholes like Voekler on the
podium when they won nothing but a statistic. If you let the UCI take over
baseball, they would have a fucking podium presentation after every inning.

This whole sport is so fucked up - so gay - that the only thing I hope for is a
huge fucking asteroid just craters Aigle, Switzerland.

Magilla