Team pursuit rules question - Sunny ?

Anton Berlin

Jul 9, 2011, 12:00:10 AM7/9/11
In a team pursuit one of the teams overlaps a wheel before the
completion of the first lap causing one of its riders to crash.

Do the rules allow the race to be restarted with 4 riders each or
should both teams continue with the riders they have ?

Thanks

Anton Berlin

Jul 9, 2011, 12:13:57 AM7/9/11

Think I found it. In a final they have to continue after the first
half lap. Otherwise they are charged with a mishap.

I think this rule was violated tonight at the Junior championships.
The USA team crashed after the first half lap (or very near it) and
was given a restart which they won.

On a good note this kid Matt Baranoski did a 105 kilo (which is pretty
incredible for the lousy superdrome) and also easily won the sprints