It is impossible to break a Campagnolo crankarm !

Anton Berlin

Jan 19, 2011, 7:00:04 PM1/19/11
Commissioner Gordon is here with me -

We had to put out the Jobst Signal so that Jobst would weigh in to RBR/
T and let us know how he's doing.

It usually only takes a little bit of time before someone will notify
Jobst and he'll be here to let us know where stress risers can be
found and how he's doing so we can put an end to all of this silly
speculation.

RicodJour

Jan 19, 2011, 9:35:41 PM1/19/11

Well said.

Dan O

Jan 19, 2011, 9:59:24 PM1/19/11

Nice try, but nothing is impossible.

Cicero Venatio

Jan 20, 2011, 8:10:52 AM1/20/11
===========

Everyone here has personal story, so here is mine. I got into a
spectacular crash one time, and slammed into a curb with my head (yes I
was wearing a helmet), and it knocked me out. People who were riding
with me, had to tell me what happened, as 30 seconds were completely
erased from my memory. So if Jobst was riding alone, we may never know
what happened, including him.

Anton Berlin

Jan 20, 2011, 10:16:51 AM1/20/11

Of course you can break a Campy crankarm - it's just a method that
normally brings Jobst into the message boards in case he's lurking.

C;mon Jobst we want to know how you are.

coterock

Jan 21, 2011, 10:56:42 PM1/21/11

> > > We had to put out the Jobst Signal so that Jobst would weigh in to RBR/
> > > T and let us know how he's doing.
>
> > > It usually only takes a little bit of time before someone will notify
> > > Jobst and he'll be here to let us know where stress risers can be
> > > found and how he's doing so we can put an end to all of this silly
> > > speculation.

> Of course you can break a Campy crankarm - it's just a method that
> normally brings Jobst into the message boards in case he's lurking.
>
> C;mon Jobst we want to know how you are.

In 1979, I once broke the left arm of a Campy Super Record Crankset.
Initially, Campagnolo said no way, must have been a crash. He and I
debated it until I mentioned that a PhD Metallurgist indicated that it
was in fact a casting defect. As a result, Campagnolo USA replaced the
arm.

I broke every part of a bike while racing except for a stem. My worst
luck was with Avocet parts. One hub shell even cracked while lacing up
the wheel when new.

Anton Berlin

Jan 22, 2011, 1:46:44 PM1/22/11

>  I broke every part of a bike while racing except for a stem. My worst
> luck was with Avocet parts. One hub shell even cracked while lacing up
> the wheel when new.

If you'd only dis an avocet tire - Jobst would be here in a
heartbeat !