Looks like Lim perjured himself today

Vagina Gorilla

Sep 30, 2010, 4:46:31 PM9/30/10
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A staff member for Lance Armstrong's Team
RadioShack testified Wednesday before a federal grand jury being
presented evidence of alleged doping in pro cycling.

Exercise physiologist Allen Lim said in a statement released to the
Associated Press that said the appearance allowed him to "set the
record straight" about his efforts to prevent doping in cycling.

"I testified willingly, and openly, to the grand jury and took great
pride and care in telling them the truth about my experiences in the
world of professional cycling," the statement said.

The statement did not mention what he was asked or told the panel
about Armstrong or disgraced cyclist Floyd Landis, with whom Lim also
has ties.

Lim's testimony came on the same day that it was revealed that three-
time Tour de France winner Alberto Contador tested positive for a
banned steroid during this year's race and has been suspended by
cycling's governing body.

Lim was seen reporting to the grand jury room around 9:30 a.m.
Wednesday. He was greeted by an assistant U.S. attorney overseeing the
probe, which has issued subpoenas and solicited testimony about
whether Armstrong and other cyclists took banned substances.

Landis accused Lim in an e-mail earlier this year of helping him cheat
during his career. Lim has denied the allegations put forward by
Landis, who was stripped of his 2006 Tour de France title for doping.

In his statement Wednesday, Lim said he is committed to preventing
doping in professional cycling.

"I look forward to continuing the fight against doping and to imbue
athletes with my passionate belief that performance enhancing drugs
are unnecessary and a tremendous health risk," the statement said.

Grand juries meet in closed session, and testimony is sealed. It was
unclear how much time Lim spent before the panel, which broke for the
day late Wednesday.

Armstrong, who won the Tour a record seven times, has repeatedly
denied allegations he took performance-enhancing drugs.

Federal authorities have declined to comment on the investigation,
which is being aided by Food and Drug Administration Agent Jeff
Novitzky, who previously investigated steroid abuse in Major League
Baseball and track and field. Novitzky also was seen in the grand jury
area Wednesday and declined comment at the end of the day.

Lim is the latest Armstrong associate to be summoned by prosecutors.
Last week, longtime Armstrong friend Stephanie McIlvain appeared
before jurors in an all-day session.

Her attorney later said McIlvain told the panel she had never heard
Armstrong admit that he used banned substances.

McIlvain was present in the hospital room where Armstrong was being
treated for cancer in 1996, when former teammate Frankie Andreu and
his wife, Betsy, claim the cyclist told doctors he used performance-
enhancing drugs.

Several of Armstrong's former teammates also have been contacted, and
a person with knowledge of the probe told the Associated Press that
former cyclist Kevin Livingston might also testify before the grand
jury as early as Wednesday, though Livingston was not seen in public
areas of the courthouse. Livingston was a U.S. Postal Service team
member with Armstrong in 2000. The person spoke on condition of
anonymity Tuesday because the investigation was ongoing.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Sep 30, 2010, 6:09:48 PM9/30/10
The incentive to tell the grand jury the story many on rbr want to hear is
rapidly diminishing as the number of significant players denying systemic
doping within USPS continues to grow.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

"Vagina Gorilla" <vagina...@gmail.com> wrote in message

William Fred

Sep 30, 2010, 6:21:38 PM9/30/10
"Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com> wrote in

> The incentive to tell the grand jury the story many on rbr want to
> hear is rapidly diminishing as the number of significant players
> denying systemic doping within USPS continues to grow.

However, this is just more evidence of a huge conspiracy. This is
something that many on rbr also want to hear.

Personally, I wish this story involved sex, because reading about doping
in sports is boring. It's like reading how organized crime is involved
with the gambling industry. Now if there were some salacious details to
PEDs, that would make it a lot better.

--
Bill Fred

Ben Trovato

Sep 30, 2010, 6:34:53 PM9/30/10
On Sep 30, 3:21 pm, William Fred <gcn...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com> wrote innews:rPmdna6yZdozlzjR...@earthlink.com:

r.b.r. wants the Olsen twins on the stand... and on the couch, and in
the hot tub, and atop the trainer...

Mike Jacoubowsky

Sep 30, 2010, 7:48:43 PM9/30/10
"William Fred" <gcn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com> wrote in
>
>> The incentive to tell the grand jury the story many on rbr want to
>> hear is rapidly diminishing as the number of significant players
>> denying systemic doping within USPS continues to grow.
>
> However, this is just more evidence of a huge conspiracy. This is
> something that many on rbr also want to hear.

True!

> Personally, I wish this story involved sex, because reading about doping
> in sports is boring.

That's not how most on rbr get their testosterone going. Floyd need to
market his own line of testosterone patches. Just thinking about that would
probably be too much excitement for some here.

http://www.fyens.dk/article/457137:Sport--Rumsas--Epo-var-til-svigermor ?

> Bill Fred

Anton Berlin

Sep 30, 2010, 8:39:52 PM9/30/10
I think you have it wrong Mike - Landis has no incentive to lie or
embellish. These guys do.

I can't imagine how foolish you'll feel when this is all settled -
even if Lance escapes clean - you're still holding ground on an
untenable position.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Sep 30, 2010, 8:54:09 PM9/30/10
"Anton Berlin" <truth...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Anton: I already documented Landis lying recently, about something for which
I had first-hand knowledge. The guy can't help himself. Does it really
matter what his "incentive" may be for lying? I don't think he needs a
reason to lie. He just does it.

Time for people to get over their obsession with Landis. In the end, he's
just like so many others. Right about some things, wrong about others.
Commenting on stuff that he knows is wrong, making things up sometimes
because it seems like they *could* have happened (they're consistent with a
few known data points), and it's a good story.

If I'm holding ground, my position must not be so "untenable." :-)

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Sep 30, 2010, 9:05:24 PM9/30/10
On Sep 30, 3:21 pm, William Fred <gcn...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com> wrote innews:rPmdna6yZdozlzjR...@earthlink.com:

> > The incentive to tell the grand jury the story many on rbr want to
> > hear is rapidly diminishing as the number of significant players
> > denying systemic doping within USPS continues to grow.
>
> However, this is just more evidence of a huge conspiracy.  This is
> something that many on rbr also want to hear.

An ape hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest.

> Personally, I wish this story involved sex, because reading about doping
> in sports is boring.  It's like reading how organized crime is involved
> with the gambling industry.  Now if there were some salacious details to
> PEDs, that would make it a lot better.

Heh heh, Beavis, he said "performance enhancing."

Soccer/football has salacious scandals, but lately they seem
to be deeply pathetic and embarrassing, as if footballers
weren't content with the usual celebrity trappings of
age-appropriate team followers and so on.

Fredmaster Ben

RicodJour

Sep 30, 2010, 9:10:55 PM9/30/10
On Sep 30, 8:39 pm, Anton Berlin <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think you have it wrong Mike - Landis has no incentive to lie or
> embellish.  These guys do.

No incentive...? Revenge does not have to be directed at someone that
actually caused someone harm. They just have to feel wronged. Then
they tell themselves that they are A-venging, and put on their Thor
jammies when they go to bed.

Anton Berlin

Sep 30, 2010, 10:06:31 PM9/30/10

If you and Mike are right about Landis I hope the fucker sits right
next to Armstrong even then I think Landis has good counsel and has
been advised not to embellish or distort. And as a newly reformed
liar he's probably following that to the best of his ability.

Even if Landis pulls a long sentence on perjury - Armstrong will still
be a doper.

LawBoy01

Sep 30, 2010, 11:52:17 PM9/30/10
On Sep 30, 9:06 pm, Anton Berlin <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Even if Landis pulls a long sentence on perjury - Armstrong will still
> be a doper.

And you'll just be a hater

Mike Jacoubowsky

Oct 1, 2010, 2:37:40 PM10/1/10

========

If you and Mike are right about Landis I hope the fucker sits right
next to Armstrong even then I think Landis has good counsel and has
been advised not to embellish or distort. And as a newly reformed
liar he's probably following that to the best of his ability.

Even if Landis pulls a long sentence on perjury - Armstrong will still
be a doper.

========

Have we all conveniently forgotten this little gem from the now-truthful
Floyd?

"As for his own positive test, Landis still maintains that result was
inaccurate and that he had not used synthetic testosterone during the 2006
season -- although he now admits he used human growth hormone during that
time. At this point, he said he does not want to dwell on any of the issues
he and his lawyers hammered at during his case."

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=5203604 on May 21st,
2010. After he "came clean" and reformed.

Simple question. Do you believe Floyd is telling the truth about not taking
testosterone during the TdF in the same way you feel Lance is lying about
riding clean?

RicodJour

Oct 1, 2010, 3:54:49 PM10/1/10
On Oct 1, 2:37 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com> wrote:

> At this point, he said he does not want to dwell on any of the issues
> he and his lawyers hammered at during his case."

Gee, what a surprise.

BLafferty

Oct 1, 2010, 4:31:33 PM10/1/10
On 9/30/2010 6:09 PM, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> The incentive to tell the grand jury the story many on rbr want to hear
> is rapidly diminishing as the number of significant players denying
> systemic doping within USPS continues to grow.
>
> --Mike Jacoubowsky
> Chain Reaction Bicycles
> www.ChainReaction.com
> Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA
>

> "Vagina Gorilla" <vagina...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> LOS ANGELES (AP) — A staff member for Lance Armstrong's Team
> RadioShack testified Wednesday before a federal grand jury being
> presented evidence of alleged doping in pro cycling.
>
> Exercise physiologist Allen Lim said in a statement released to the
> Associated Press that said the appearance allowed him to "set the
> record straight" about his efforts to prevent doping in cycling.
>
> "I testified willingly, and openly, to the grand jury and took great
> pride and care in telling them the truth about my experiences in the
> world of professional cycling," the statement said.

No indication of what those experiences were.

> The statement did not mention what he was asked or told the panel
> about Armstrong or disgraced cyclist Floyd Landis, with whom Lim also
> has ties.
>
> Lim's testimony came on the same day that it was revealed that three-
> time Tour de France winner Alberto Contador tested positive for a
> banned steroid during this year's race and has been suspended by
> cycling's governing body.
>
> Lim was seen reporting to the grand jury room around 9:30 a.m.
> Wednesday. He was greeted by an assistant U.S. attorney overseeing the
> probe, which has issued subpoenas and solicited testimony about
> whether Armstrong and other cyclists took banned substances.
>
> Landis accused Lim in an e-mail earlier this year of helping him cheat
> during his career. Lim has denied the allegations put forward by
> Landis, who was stripped of his 2006 Tour de France title for doping.
>
> In his statement Wednesday, Lim said he is committed to preventing
> doping in professional cycling.
>
> "I look forward to continuing the fight against doping and to imbue
> athletes with my passionate belief that performance enhancing drugs
> are unnecessary and a tremendous health risk," the statement said.

Forward looking. Does not indicate to us whether he crapped in his pants
or was able to hold it in.

Quite a counterpoint to McIlvain's attorney who told us the essence of
her testimony.

If witnesses keep coming in to commit perjury, the witnesses not knowing
what evidence the Grand Jury has in hand to contradict them, I see a
very upset US Attorney taking action against a number of them. This is
going to be a fun show. Pour a glass of wine and fasten your seat belt.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Oct 1, 2010, 4:47:18 PM10/1/10
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/30/sports/cycling/30armstrong.html
"When approached last week at Armstrong’s bike shop in Austin, Livingston
was reluctant to talk about his involvement in the case. “What
investigation?” Livingston said. “Sorry, I don’t know. I can’t talk about
that. Who’s mentioning my name? Who’s saying I’m involved? Which other
riders are mentioning my name?” "

Well, there's at least one person who seems to be acting "normal", ie,
scared, and not as "lawyered up" as he should be.

LawBoy01

Oct 1, 2010, 8:08:50 PM10/1/10
Brian Chokesoncock cannot understand why witnesses aren't agreeing to
his pre-conceived version of events. What a surprise!

BLafferty

Oct 1, 2010, 9:46:44 PM10/1/10
On 10/1/2010 8:08 PM, LawBoy01 wrote:
> Brian Chokesoncock cannot understand why witnesses aren't agreeing to
> his pre-conceived version of events. What a surprise!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, LawGirl.

Fred Fredburger

Oct 1, 2010, 9:54:33 PM10/1/10

That was well done!

LawBoy01

Oct 1, 2010, 10:30:37 PM10/1/10

Your welcome, Brian Chokesoncock

Fred Flintstein

Oct 2, 2010, 10:49:30 AM10/2/10
BLafferty wrote:
> Quite a counterpoint to McIlvain's attorney who told us the essence of
> her testimony.
>
> If witnesses keep coming in to commit perjury, the witnesses not knowing
> what evidence the Grand Jury has in hand to contradict them, I see a
> very upset US Attorney taking action against a number of them. This is
> going to be a fun show. Pour a glass of wine and fasten your seat belt.

McIlvain won't go down for perjury. Neither will Lim.

No one will. Not a single person. Grow some nuts and
stop hedging. Two years from now I'll be able to point
to this to show that I was right. And I'll be able to
show that not only are you repeatedly wrong but you're
pretty craven about it too.

Fred Flintstein

Mike Jacoubowsky

Oct 2, 2010, 2:58:47 PM10/2/10
"Fred Fredburger" <I...@just.dont.know.anymore> wrote in message

Thanks. The problem is that it may have been too well done, which kills any
response. You're better off laying a trap and holding something back for the
kill.

To tell you the truth, I was flabbergasted (a word I doubt I've ever used in
print before) that Floyd still maintains he was innocent regarding the
testosterone at the 'Tour. I agree that the testing methodology was flawed,
and that he should have been let off on technicalities. But, like with OJ,
we know he did it. If Floyd hadn't surrounded himself with some seriously
bad people, I think it likely he would have prevailed. And somehow, becuase
he should have prevailed on technicalities or whatever, he's able to
rationalize to himself that he didn't do it. As I've said, he can't help
himself. I know people like that.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Oct 2, 2010, 3:05:03 PM10/2/10
"Fred Flintstein" <bob.sc...@sbcREMOVEglobal.net> wrote in message

Two weeks ago I was thinking Brian was right. Momentum really seemed to be
building. But now, I agree, I don't think anyone's going down on perjury
charges.

Of course, people will make the argument that we're saying this based on
knowing very little about what's gone on behind closed doors. Not much
different than the anti-Lance folk who know everything based on what they've
"heard" or read or just simply know. Everyone looks at what little
information is at hand and believes that which supports their own
pre-existing belief and discounts that which doesn't.

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Oct 2, 2010, 3:06:06 PM10/2/10
On Oct 1, 1:31 pm, BLafferty <Br...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> This is going to be a fun show.
> Pour a glass of wine and fasten your seat belt.

I recognize that the failure-to-materialize of a parade
of witnesses eager to denounce Pharmstrong has
you depressed, but don't you think drinking and
driving is an inappropriate response on a cycling
newsgroup?

Fredmaster Ben

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Oct 3, 2010, 4:42:40 PM10/3/10
On Oct 2, 7:49 am, Fred Flintstein <bob.schwa...@sbcREMOVEglobal.net>
wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if somebody, somewhere,
gets tried for perjury or another offense. But I doubt
it will be a big fish - more likely some poor schmuck who
is foolish and cuts corners on the truth in a detectable
way. It certainly does not seem that Dopestrong, Johan,
Weisel, Ochowicz, Lim and everyone else on Laff's
enemies list are _all_ in danger.

For example, look at the BALCO trial. Who got done in
the end? Some BALCO people and trainers, Marion Jones,
and Tammy Thomas. No baseball players, IIRC. I'm
sure they were hoping for bigger fish. Thomas is in the
role of the poor schmucks I referred to above - when
BALCO started, it wasn't hyped with "We're going to
unveil the truth of doping in ... semi-pro US women's
track cycling!"

I still don't really understand why Thomas
lied enough to get caught. I can understand Jones or the
baseball players, who had high public profiles, but if
Thomas had told the truth, it would have been a headline in
Velonews for a day and maybe a back page article in
the SF Chronicle and she could have got on with her life.

Fredmaster Ben