Molding Public Opinion by Polluting Forums

1 view

BLafferty

Jan 24, 2011, 3:04:03 PM1/24/11
From the CyclingNews Clinic forum:

Recently there has been a flood of negative Armstrong stories. It can be
entertaining to see that as soon as a story is on the internet the
comments section of these stories are flooded with the same
Pro-Armstrong talking points.

Wasting taxpayer money
Never tested positive
Done a lot of good
Witch hunt

If you only read one story you hardly notice it, but if you read
multiple you find that you see the same talking points over and over,
almost as if their comments are scripted.....that is because they are.

BazaarVoice

BazaarVoice is a company that specializes in creating fake public
opinion in an effort to shape opinion. Lance, Radioshack, Trek and the
Foundation are all in the process of shifting to using Bazaarvoice
instead of Public Strategies. They tried them out already through Oakley
and found they can deliver a wide and subversive presence more naturally
than Public Strategies.

So what is BazaarVoice's connection to Armstrong? Austin Ventures is a
primary investor in Bazaarvoice. Chris Pacitti, GM Austin Ventures, is
on the Board at Bazaarvoice. Mike Dodd is from Austin Ventures and is an
"Advisor"

Austin Ventures? A venture fund founded by Joe Aragona, Livestrong board
member and close friend of Armstrong. Here he is for his 50th birthday
ride up Apl d'Huez....with Och, Armstrong, and Jeff Garvey

[the photo is at http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=12039 ]

Fred Flintstein

Jan 24, 2011, 3:09:02 PM1/24/11
On 1/24/2011 2:04 PM, BLafferty wrote:
> snip

Jesus Fucking Christ could you please be a little more subtle
in expressing your mental illness.

Fred Flintstein

PS You left out Thom

RicodJour

Jan 24, 2011, 4:09:15 PM1/24/11

It seems that the pool of possibilities widens. Is Fabio paying us,
do we work for Austin Ventures, or are you just a self-flagellating
wattle-waving HEY_LANCE_IT'S_ME fan boi and people enjoy pointing that
out for you?

Hint: if you overheat turn your head back and forth real fast and the
flapping should create a nice breeze.

RicodJour

Jan 24, 2011, 4:11:07 PM1/24/11
On Jan 24, 3:04 pm, BLafferty <b...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>  From the CyclingNews Clinic forum:
>
> Recently there has been a flood of negative Armstrong stories. It can be
> entertaining to see that as soon as a story is on the internet the
> comments section of these stories are flooded with the same
> Pro-Armstrong talking points.

BTW, Jowls, they didn't list my talking point and I am grievously
disappointed.

Anton Berlin

Jan 24, 2011, 4:27:24 PM1/24/11
If the prosecution finds out they are doing this in a direct way it
could be witness tampering or polluting the jury pool or some other
illegal activity.

Lance just keeps tacking on to his possible sentence.

I don't think a judge will be happy to hear about this miscarriage -
like the one Lance's mom wishes she now has had being that she gave
birth to the biggest fraud ever. (and that's from someone that lived
through 8 years of W ! )

Anton Berlin

Jan 24, 2011, 4:28:05 PM1/24/11
.

Fred Flintstein

Jan 24, 2011, 4:54:29 PM1/24/11
On 1/24/2011 3:27 PM, Anton Berlin wrote:
> If the prosecution finds out they are doing this in a direct way it
> could be witness tampering or polluting the jury pool or some other
> illegal activity.
>
> Lance just keeps tacking on to his possible sentence.
>
> I don't think a judge will be happy to hear about this miscarriage -

Dumbass,

The source for this is a sock puppet. With mental health issues.
That's a standard that wouldn't indict even a ham sandwich.

Fred Flintstein

RicodJour

Jan 24, 2011, 5:36:49 PM1/24/11
On Jan 24, 4:27 pm, Anton Berlin <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> If the prosecution finds out they are doing this in a direct way it
> could be witness tampering or polluting the jury pool or some other
> illegal activity.
>
> Lance just keeps tacking on to his possible sentence.

Curious - I must have missed the judge's gag order. You know, the
judge that's presiding over the trial that's not happening (yet) being
worried about the jury that hasn't been selected (yet) being
influenced because there hasn't been an indictment (yet) and we're
still waiting for you to take your tongue out of Jowls fundamental
orifice.

Dude, do us all a favor and leave the inane potential legal
postulations to our resident wattle-bearer. Thanks.

RicodJour

Jan 24, 2011, 5:39:25 PM1/24/11
On Jan 24, 4:54 pm, Fred Flintstein <bob.schwa...@sbcremoveglobal.net>
wrote:

> On 1/24/2011 3:27 PM, Anton Berlin wrote:
>
> > If the prosecution finds out they are doing this in a direct way it
> > could be witness tampering or polluting the jury pool or some other
> > illegal activity.
>
> > Lance just keeps tacking on to his possible sentence.
>
> > I don't think a judge will be happy to hear about this miscarriage -

The closest LANCE came to a miscarriage was when his chauffeur missed
the TRV.

> The source for this is a sock puppet. With mental health issues.
> That's a standard that wouldn't indict even a ham sandwich.

Mmm. A ham sandwich would go great right about now. Rye bread with
carraway, a little spicy mustard and some lettuce, washed down with a
nice fermented beverage. Thanks for the idea!

BLafferty

Jan 24, 2011, 5:40:39 PM1/24/11
The issue is really possible obstruction of justice. You don't need an
indictment or trial for that. But, we don't know of any obstruction, or
do we?

RicodJour

Jan 24, 2011, 6:00:04 PM1/24/11
On Jan 24, 5:40 pm, BLafferty <b...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> The issue is really possible obstruction of justice.  You don't need an
> indictment or trial for that. But, we don't know of any obstruction, or
> do we?

Posting on public forums is obstructing justice? Right, I forgot. In
your bizarro world justice is based on crank posting and popularity
contests. Until there is an indictment there is no presiding
authority with the power to limit anyone's freedom of speech.

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Jan 24, 2011, 6:52:40 PM1/24/11

As previously discussed, Lafferty considers
that public protestations of innocence from LANCE
may amount to acts in furtherance of his
conspiracy to defraud. For example

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/8e6e1c1caa4c1b6d?hl=en

Surely obstruction of justice is not much of a step.

Fredmaster Ben

BLafferty

Jan 24, 2011, 8:54:36 PM1/24/11
FuckTard, I didn't say anything about posting on a forum being
obstruction, but I suppose that it could be depending on intent and effect.

Anton Berlin

Jan 24, 2011, 9:27:30 PM1/24/11

yes dumbass - the cycling community is pretty small - anything he
does could be seen as trying to attempt to influence the jury pool and
of course possible witnesses

lance will probably be told to cease and desist from posting anything
or have someone do it on his behalf once the legal proceedings are
underway

at that point i will begin to post crap like "Lance told me he would
give his secret doping regimen to any witness that changes their
testimony" and "Lance would like to pay off any jury member that
can find him innocent with a free Trek 5200 in official USPS
colors"

derf...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2011, 10:03:23 PM1/24/11
On Jan 24, 3:04 pm, BLafferty <b...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> BazaarVoice is a company that specializes in creating fake public
> opinion in an effort to shape opinion.

If you compare all the replies to BLaff posts on rbr to all the
replies and posts about BLaff on the chess web sites, you would
conclude that either a company like BazaarVoice created them, or that
everyone in the world agrees that he is a mentally unstable buffoon.

RicodJour

Jan 24, 2011, 10:55:46 PM1/24/11
On Jan 24, 9:27 pm, Anton Berlin <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jan 24, 5:00 pm, RicodJour <ricodj...@worldemail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 24, 5:40 pm, BLafferty <b...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
> > > The issue is really possible obstruction of justice.  You don't need an
> > > indictment or trial for that. But, we don't know of any obstruction, or
> > > do we?
>
> > Posting on public forums is obstructing justice?  Right, I forgot.  In
> > your bizarro world justice is based on crank posting and popularity
> > contests.  Until there is an indictment there is no presiding
> > authority with the power to limit anyone's freedom of speech.
>

> yes dumbass -  the cycling community is pretty small - anything he
> does could be seen as trying to attempt to influence the jury pool and
> of course possible witnesses

You're swifter than I give you credit for - of _course_ the jury will
be selected from the CN forums. I should have known that. Is no
purchase necessary, and will it be void in Maryland and Virginia?

> lance will probably be told to cease and desist from posting anything
> or have someone do it on his behalf once the legal proceedings are
> underway

You mean like it's apparently being done now? Doh.

H. Fred Kveck

Jan 25, 2011, 2:43:40 AM1/25/11
In article <946f1dbd-f344-47b4...@y31g2000vbt.googlegroups.com>,
RicodJour <rico...@worldemail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 24, 9:27 pm, Anton Berlin <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Posting on public forums is obstructing justice?  Right, I forgot.  In
> > > your bizarro world justice is based on crank posting and popularity
> > > contests.  Until there is an indictment there is no presiding
> > > authority with the power to limit anyone's freedom of speech.
> >

> > yes dumbass -  the cycling community is pretty small - anything he
> > does could be seen as trying to attempt to influence the jury pool and
> > of course possible witnesses
>
> You're swifter than I give you credit for - of _course_ the jury will
> be selected from the CN forums. I should have known that. Is no
> purchase necessary, and will it be void in Maryland and Virginia?

"Sorry, Tennessee..."

Mike Jacoubowsky

Jan 25, 2011, 12:57:20 PM1/25/11
"BLafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> ttp://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=12039 ]

It's all falling into place. Part of the plan would obviously include
setting up straw men in various forums. Brilliant.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Ben Trovato

Jan 25, 2011, 2:05:36 PM1/25/11
On Jan 25, 9:57 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:

Yessir, that Lafferty is so wacky, he built this whole web site in the
furtherance of his delusions:
http://www.bazaarvoice.com/

RicodJour

Jan 25, 2011, 2:52:43 PM1/25/11
> Yessir, that Lafferty is so wacky, he built this whole web site in the
> furtherance of his delusions:http://www.bazaarvoice.com/

Holy crap!
http://www.bazaarvoice.com/about/press-room/att-taps-bazaarvoice-get-closer-customers-facebook
In the beginning of that page it says something about AT&T leading the
pack. Pack is another word for peloton, so that must mean that LANCE
and AT&T are in cahoots! I should have seen that coming as it's
obvious since they both seem to only exist in capital letters. Which
also means that IBM is involved. Man, oh man - the conspiracy is WAY
deeper than I thought! Uh oh - I capitalized WAY, so I guess I must
be involv...ho-ly shit! I is capitalized! Everybody capitalizes I!
LANCE is controlling my mind. He's controlling everyone's mind! Or is
that I actually a number? Number One...? I am not a number! {cue
Patrick McGoohan and the rest of the chimps in a rolling cage}.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csfyrCQDVI4
I won't spoil the ending for anyone who hasn't seen it.

rbr Prisoner #6

Anton Berlin

Jan 25, 2011, 2:57:47 PM1/25/11
Bazaarvoice is a little bit sad - like a modern mafia - you pay us and
we'll make sure no one says anything bad about your pizza place.

Once they got the 'power' to us someone figured out how to take it
right back (for a little profit)

RicodJour

Jan 25, 2011, 3:07:15 PM1/25/11

So...it's okay for you and your other cheek, Jowls, to hijack a group
to fuel your tag-team fwapping obsessions, but it's not okay for other
people to do it for their own purposes. Got it. Thanks for
clarifying.

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Jan 25, 2011, 3:33:39 PM1/25/11

As previously noted, the world is full of
delusional Armstrong fanboys and
ball-garglers. So although LANCE may have
hired some overpriced and likely ineffective
slick "social media" PR firm, an assertion that the
negative comments on any Armstrong/Novitsky
story are an orchestrated PR campaign, much
less tantamount to obstruction of justice, tells
you more about Lafferty's egomania and
persecution complex than about anything else.

Fredmaster Ben
But thanks for the BazaarVoice link, I'm
going to see if I can get a job there and get
paid for posting to rbr on my lunch hour.

BLafferty

Jan 25, 2011, 4:34:50 PM1/25/11
LOL! Which chess sites would those be?

BLafferty

Jan 25, 2011, 4:37:12 PM1/25/11
If they pay you enough, it could be a full time gig.

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Jan 25, 2011, 6:03:59 PM1/25/11

Well, formally I'm already being paid by
SLAVE of the STATE, who subsidizes my
(and Chung's) lunchtime training rides. We're
just talking about me moonlighting during
lunch hour on recovery days. I wouldn't want
to double-dip.

Technically, I am an employee of (a subsidiary of)
the State of Arizona, which means I work for ...
Jan Brewer. Surely spamming for this BazaarVoice
company would be a step up in prestige.

Fredmaster Ben

Ben Trovato

Jan 25, 2011, 8:10:03 PM1/25/11

Is Glock one of BizarreVoice's clients?

Beloved Fred No. 1

Jan 26, 2011, 5:22:09 AM1/26/11
Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
> Technically, I am an employee of (a subsidiary of)
> the State of Arizona, which means I work for ...
> Jan Brewer. Surely spamming for this BazaarVoice
> company would be a step up in prestige.

F(r)edmaster buys his ammo at Walmarts. Is this acceptable ?

Anton Berlin

Jan 26, 2011, 9:24:25 AM1/26/11

> > Fredmaster Ben
>
> Is Glock one of BizarreVoice's clients?

Too soon for that. It's not that a nut went out there and did
something rash - it's the potential threat to democracy that we need
to be worried about.

RicodJour

Jan 26, 2011, 11:42:55 AM1/26/11