Set Up?? Another Possibility

BL

Jun 23, 2011, 3:21:55 PM6/23/11
From the Clinic:

So, you are suggesting that the witness tampering was a far more
intricate and orchestrated endeavor, with significantly greater
premeditation.

Armstrong not only tampered with a federal witness, but rather than
simply avoiding Hamilton he created a complex "trap" within which he
manipulated Hamilton into a confrontation.

"No your honor. Rather than avoiding the witness, I created a complex
trap wherein I actually ensured a confrontation with the witness".

Got it.

MagillaGorilla

Jun 23, 2011, 3:42:09 PM6/23/11
BL wrote:

Gunderson will never testify in federal court. He will plead not guilty
and go to trial and rely on getting the right jury consultant to pick
the right sycophants to acquit. If I were one of the federal
prosecutors, I would have the jurors strip searched to make sure they're
not wearing a Livestrong band around their ball sack (or pussy
apparatus).

Gunderson actually believes his own lies at this point. And I'm sure
his attorneys are egging him on just to run up the billable hours since
if they go to trial, they will be able to charge overtime. But
Gunderson is being fed a load of lies by his one-trick pony defense team
like, "We'll destroy them at trial, Lance, don't worry about it,
champ"....

Magilla

Choppy Warburton

Jun 23, 2011, 4:38:12 PM6/23/11
.

> Gunderson actually believes his own lies at this point.  And I'm sure
> his attorneys are egging him on just to run up the billable hours since
> if they go to trial, they will be able to charge overtime.  But
> Gunderson is being fed a load of lies by his one-trick pony defense team
> like, "We'll destroy them at trial, Lance, don't worry about it,
> champ"....
>
> Magilla

aka - GroupTHINK

BL

Jun 23, 2011, 6:25:19 PM6/23/11
I agree he'll go to trial, but I don't think the criminal attorneys he's
hired will give him anything but accurate appraisals of his situation.
He won't listen to any talk of cutting a deal unless it's an amazing one
which it won't be. A trial will be a goldmine for them. I'll predict
his trial defense will run him $2-5 million.

BL

Jun 23, 2011, 6:27:21 PM6/23/11

As I think of it, it will run him $5-10 million, if not more.

MagillaGorilla

Jun 23, 2011, 10:03:24 PM6/23/11
BL wrote:

The attorneys will tell Lance they think he has a good shot...Lance thinks
that federal court is like the rest of his life - where he's given the
benefit of the doubt.

No way his defense team told him the reality. His defense team is just as
full of shit as their client when it comes to believing in these lies.

Magilla

MagillaGorilla

Jun 23, 2011, 10:06:26 PM6/23/11

BL wrote:

Yeah, it will be around $5-10 million, but Livestrong Foundation will likely
cover it.

Magilla

Anton Berlin

Jun 24, 2011, 8:50:34 AM6/24/11

You have a valid point there. Or another FraudLandis style defense
fund ? Texas is as good as place as any to hide and hold wealth in
its various forms. If Lance is like anyone else in Texas with a few
million or more he's spent the 20-30k to set up a number of trusts
that keep his cash pretty much safe except for the US govt that will
soon default or devalue.

--D-y

Jun 24, 2011, 11:27:35 AM6/24/11

"One more time for Brian":

Not really very "intricate" or "orchestrated". Petty workplace
politics setup bullshit, except at a fancy diner in Aspen.

One more time-- Outside has gone to Aspen for an annual event for how
many years? Given a little "hang" time, it's not hard to pick up on
"who goes where"-- which celebrity does what-- in what is still
geographically a small town. So Outside, which has an axe to grind
with Lance (having published good things about him, even while
publishing a story detailing a reporter's ease in "getting on a
program" and the big improvement in his athletic performance, which of
course is All Lance's Fault) and also "must" distance the magazine
from CHEATING in athletics, just sends a crew out, wink wink, finds
out via old contacts and acquaintances where Lance dines in Aspen
while it's hot as Hades in Austin and everyone who can leave, leaves,
and sets up a "party" complete with ready, on-the-party-wagon-payroll
witnesses. If "Tyler thought Lance wasn't in town", that was just a
part of the setup and again, nothing needed to be said "on record".

"Sit back and watch", nothing to it. The not tipping business is
revealing IRT attitude-- "Our work here is done, you've been used".

If Novitsky had set this trap, you'd be bragging on him.
--D-y