Great moments in triathlism

Ryan Cousineau

Sep 20, 2010, 2:31:40 AM9/20/10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRKajY5GlyI&feature=player_embedded

Elite women triathletes trying to get on bicycles. Apparently this is
a skill that is difficult to master.

William Fred

Sep 20, 2010, 2:39:49 AM9/20/10
Ryan Cousineau <rcou...@gmail.com> wrote in news:a3ba3814-f556-4931-
952a-8d1...@z34g2000pro.googlegroups.com:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRKajY5GlyI&feature=player_embedded
>
> Elite women triathletes trying to get on bicycles. Apparently this is
> a skill that is difficult to master.

Did that lone yellow shoe at the end have a foot in it?

--
Bill Fred

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Sep 20, 2010, 3:00:57 AM9/20/10
On Sep 19, 11:39 pm, William Fred <gcn...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ryan Cousineau <rcous...@gmail.com> wrote in news:a3ba3814-f556-4931-
> 952a-8d1518a3b...@z34g2000pro.googlegroups.com:

> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRKajY5GlyI&feature=player_embedded
>
> > Elite women triathletes trying to get on bicycles. Apparently this is
> > a skill that is difficult to master.

Adri van der Poel wept.

> Did that lone yellow shoe at the end have a foot in it?

Did it wash up in Vancouver? If not, probably not. This
is certainly giving me second thoughts about the
run-bike-swim-last triathlon, on humanitarian grounds.

On the other hand, this video does suggest a new variant
on cyclocross race, possibly even more awesome than
Halloween costume races: fixed-shoe dismounts. We
bolt the shoes to the pedals like for track cyclists, and
at each barrier the CX racers have to get their feet out
of the shoes, run, and remount and get their muddy feet
back into the shoes. Bunnyhoppers will be heckled,
ostracized, and have to do a penalty loop through the
beer tent.

God, I wish LANCE would go to jail already so we could
get on with cyclocross season.

Fredshoeducttaper Ben

Ryan Cousineau

Sep 20, 2010, 12:15:03 PM9/20/10
On Sep 20, 12:00 am, Fredmaster of Brainerd <bjwei...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Some of us have. I saw Mourey put on a school in work-minimization at
Starcrossed. He drafted Trebon for most of the race, making this crazy-
looking Mutt and Jeff duo that was far ahead of the third rider, and
squirted by him in the last 200m or so.

Katerina Nash was solidly dominant, though Wendy Simms gapped everyone
else to cruise home in second.

In fairness to the triathletes, there were some spectacular crashes in
both the Elite men and women races. In an early lap, one brighteyes
tried to use the (concrete, painted) velodrome to arc into a tight
corner. In the rain, this tactic failed spectacularly, and he slid on
his ass at speed for 15 feet or so on the ashphalte apron, going right
under the bar tape.

Uncle Dave

Sep 20, 2010, 12:52:34 PM9/20/10

ROTFL, but then I'm easily amused.

UD

Mr. Slate

Sep 20, 2010, 1:23:29 PM9/20/10

Nice Bloopers!

William Fred

Sep 21, 2010, 1:38:43 AM9/21/10
Fredmaster of Brainerd <bjwe...@gmail.com> wrote in news:64a059ba-753f-
46f1-9326-c...@y31g2000vbt.googlegroups.com:

> God, I wish LANCE would go to jail already so we could
> get on with cyclocross season.

If only he would knock over a bank or something. By god, then we would
have him.

--
Bill Fred

Beloved Fred No. 1

Sep 21, 2010, 5:13:47 AM9/21/10

William Fred wrote:
> If only he would knock over a bank or something. By god, then we would
> have him.

A blood bank in Spain perchance.

Amit Ghosh

Sep 21, 2010, 10:19:05 AM9/21/10

dumbass,

check out this "slide show":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8W_aXzOiCM

brian_...@yahoo.com

Sep 21, 2010, 11:43:08 AM9/21/10

Watch the One-Woman-Wave-of-Destruction that takes another rider down
on the far barrier at about 0:39. I think
she grabbed the wrong bike, it seems too big for her....

Michael Press

Sep 21, 2010, 4:06:43 PM9/21/10
In article <Xns9DF9E65EC...@130.133.4.11>,
William Fred <gcn...@yahoo.com> wrote:

He did. Now SCA has hired the Pinkertons.

--
Michael Press

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Sep 21, 2010, 6:40:13 PM9/21/10
On Sep 21, 1:06 pm, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>  William Fred <gcn...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Fredmaster of Brainerd <bjwei...@gmail.com> wrote in news:64a059ba-753f-
> > 46f1-9326-cf9152a58...@y31g2000vbt.googlegroups.com:

> > > God, I wish LANCE would go to jail already so we could
> > > get on with cyclocross season.
>
> > If only he would knock over a bank or something.  By god, then we would
> > have him.
>
> He did. Now SCA has hired the Pinkertons.

LANCE stole SCA's money fair and square.

Fredmaster Ben

Plano Dude

Sep 21, 2010, 9:08:44 PM9/21/10

If Cancellara had been there he would have made everyone ride the next
stage piano for his teammates' sake.