Just sayin'

Fred

Aug 2, 2010, 9:25:57 AM8/2/10
I think I understand why 'Anton Berlin', et al..., get so worked up
over the whole doping thing.

At some point in their early development as a cyclist, they thought
they had the talent to make it to the top, and they had the naivete to
believe that 'sport' is all about hard work and fair play. They
toiled and toiled at the sport, getting as high as they could, but
never quite making it as high as their mommas/fans told 'em they
would. I blame the 'nothing is more important than self-esteem'
approach to child rearing, but that's another issue.

Anyway, they try and try, but don't make it. They were never destined
to make it, they weren't quite talented enough, or didn't have the
mental strength to do it, or whatever. Bottom line: they didn't have
it.

BUT, to just accept that would be too hard. They can't admit they
weren't good enough. So, for the rest of their pathetic lives they'll
rest everything on the excuse that the other guys cheated. The funny
thing, deep down inside they knew that drugs were involved, and for
most of them I believe if they really had what it took and all they
needed was that extra 5%, they probably would've doped, too. But,
they learned quickly they didn't have it, so they quit racing and
started bitching. And bitching. And bitching.

Of course, none of this explains Lafferty.

Fred

Anton Berlin

Aug 2, 2010, 9:37:07 AM8/2/10

There are bike races?

RicodJour

Aug 2, 2010, 9:45:44 AM8/2/10

Not in real life, just on the tube. I think they're all CGI.

Frederick the Great

Aug 2, 2010, 4:01:06 PM8/2/10
In article
<65173ad5-0d23-40de...@l25g2000prn.googlegroups.com>,
Fred <fred....@yahoo.com> wrote:

A couple times recently it was supposed that
Lafferty lost a power struggle in a governing
body of USA cycling. Since then he has a bee
in his bonnet. Why LANCE, though? Perhaps the
winners have something on Lafferty, so he will
not tweak them. This is all supposition so far
as I know.

--
Old Fritz

B. Lafferty

Aug 2, 2010, 4:07:33 PM8/2/10

No cause and effect there. Try another theory. Carry on.