tied for Bronze

--D-y

Oct 2, 2010, 4:11:38 PM10/2/10
I found this refreshing. Only thing I minded was "Phinney Sneaks Into
Bronze". I mean, it sounds like they had a well-contested sprint and
there was a tie for third. Whatever, the headline isn't official, and
this placing might go against Anolexia Grewal's assertion that "twenty
years from now no one will remember how you did it".

An important result for the career, and he's an American. Bravo!
--Chauvinisky

RicodJour

Oct 3, 2010, 12:43:33 AM10/3/10

He had nothing left at the end. The Canadian still had a good bit in
the tank. Phinney lucked out, and I'm not saying that to take
anything away from him. He did it all on his own...and he doesn't
have a stupid eyebrow piercing. I'd relegate for that alone.

LawBoy01

Oct 5, 2010, 12:18:31 AM10/5/10

Ditto

A. Dumas

Oct 5, 2010, 4:12:31 AM10/5/10
--D-y wrote:
> there was a tie for third.

Was there? Here are the two tyres crossing the line, from the official
finish photo: http://i52.tinypic.com/2nm0guu.jpg (I moved & mirrored one
of them to compare more easily). Source:
http://www.sportresult.com/sports/cycling/WCH2010/results/2010/0004M02.jpg

RicodJour

Oct 5, 2010, 7:21:02 AM10/5/10
On Oct 5, 4:12 am, "A. Dumas" <alexan...@dumas.fr> wrote:
> --D-y wrote:
> > there was a tie for third.
>
> Was there? Here are the two tyres crossing the line, from the official
> finish photo:http://i52.tinypic.com/2nm0guu.jpg(I moved & mirrored one
> of them to compare more easily). Source:http://www.sportresult.com/sports/cycling/WCH2010/results/2010/0004M0...

Phinney got his vectors wrong. He lifted up as much as he tossed
forward. Compare it to the Canuckistanian's stretch.