just like on rbr

derf...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2011, 9:15:16 PM2/14/11
http://www.crunchgear.com/2011/02/14/angry-nerds-ibms-watson-finishes-night-one-of-jeopardy-challenge-tied-for-first-place/

... wankers complaining about 'spoiler' results in the header ...
asshole calling ... etc. etc. etc.

except no LANCE. I'm waiting for someone to accuse Ken Jennings of
doping.

DirtRoadie

Feb 15, 2011, 1:03:41 AM2/15/11
On Feb 14, 7:15 pm, "derFah...@gmail.com" <derfah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.crunchgear.com/2011/02/14/angry-nerds-ibms-watson-finishes...

> ... wankers complaining about 'spoiler' results in the header ...
> asshole calling ... etc. etc. etc.
>
> except no LANCE. I'm waiting for someone to accuse Ken Jennings of
> doping.

It's Watson who is artificially enhanced. There should be an
indictment any day.
DR

H. Fred Kveck

Feb 15, 2011, 3:00:00 AM2/15/11
In article <e5584187-8534-4fa3...@w19g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
DirtRoadie <DirtR...@aol.com> wrote:

Will it be a Tuesday? Time will tell.

DirtRoadie

Feb 15, 2011, 12:57:13 PM2/15/11
On Feb 15, 1:00 am, "H. Fred Kveck" <YOURhow...@h-SHOESbomb.com>
wrote:
> In article <e5584187-8534-4fa3-9729-ff5d6e487...@w19g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,

>  DirtRoadie <DirtRoa...@aol.com> wrote:
> > On Feb 14, 7:15 pm, "derFah...@gmail.com" <derfah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >http://www.crunchgear.com/2011/02/14/angry-nerds-ibms-watson-finishes...
>
> > > ... wankers complaining about 'spoiler' results in the header ...
> > > asshole calling ... etc. etc. etc.
>
> > > except no LANCE. I'm waiting for someone to accuse Ken Jennings of
> > > doping.
>
> > It's Watson who is artificially enhanced. There should be an
> > indictment any day.
> > DR
>
>    Will it be a Tuesday? Time will tell.

Naw. Well, not this one anyhow. They have to keep it covered up 'til
after the full sequence is broadcast. You know, the usual - big
dollars/big conspiracy involving IBM and Jeopardy producers and
contestants. Pulling the wool over the public's eyes. Lies, deceit,
cheating - all that RBR stuff.

OT - This is entertaining and informative (hence way out of place on
RBR):
http://live.washingtonpost.com/jeopardy-ken-jennings.html

DR

DirtRoadie

Feb 15, 2011, 7:08:20 PM2/15/11
> ... wankers complaining about 'spoiler' results in the header ...

;-)

DR

Simply Fred

Feb 16, 2011, 3:34:47 AM2/16/11
DirtRoadie wrote:
>> ... wankers complaining about 'spoiler' results in the header ...

Was there any head butting in the sprint ?

DirtRoadie

Feb 16, 2011, 10:27:17 AM2/16/11

No sprint, no head butting, but Rutter and Jennings were figuratively
slapping their foreheads. Watson got away alone early on. Rutter and
Jennings really couldn't work together and never closed the gap.
Watson even appeared to do an "Alexi-like" dismount and stroll across
the finish.

DR

DirtRoadie

Feb 16, 2011, 6:10:08 PM2/16/11
> ... wankers complaining about 'spoiler' results in the header ...

Overall - Watson, Jennings, Rutter

Fred on a stick

Feb 16, 2011, 6:55:40 PM2/16/11
DirtRoadie wrote:
> Overall - Watson, Jennings, Rutter

Dumbass,

In real Jeopardy, no one cares who gets the dinette set from Broyhill vs.
the lifetime supply of Lee Press-on nails.

DirtRoadie

Feb 17, 2011, 12:45:29 PM2/17/11
On Feb 16, 4:55 pm, "Fred on a stick"

There's more at stake:
http://www.slate.com/id/2284721/pagenum/all/

"So my defeat at the hands of a machine has a happy ending, after all.
At least until the whole system becomes sentient and figures out the
nuclear launch codes. But I figure that's years away."

DR

RicodJour

Feb 17, 2011, 2:15:18 PM2/17/11

He sounds too normal - maybe he's a bot.

DirtRoadie

Feb 17, 2011, 3:02:47 PM2/17/11

Uh-oh. Do you suppose the "human" competitors were just decoys to lull
us into complacency during our assimilation?

DR

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Feb 17, 2011, 4:25:09 PM2/17/11
On Feb 17, 12:15 pm, RicodJour <ricodj...@worldemail.com> wrote:

Ken Jennings is actually pretty funny, here's a
bit more:

http://live.washingtonpost.com/jeopardy-ken-jennings.html

I think this is _proof_ he's a bot.

That's one small step for a machine, one
giant fail for mankind.

Fredmaster Ben

Fred on a stick

Feb 18, 2011, 10:14:04 AM2/18/11
Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
> Ken Jennings is actually pretty funny, here's a
> bit more:
>
> http://live.washingtonpost.com/jeopardy-ken-jennings.html
>
> I think this is _proof_ he's a bot.

Perhaps a quarter to a third of the people who qualify for Jeopardy end up
on the show (only a few percent of those who take the test qualify) so the
producers choose the ones who seem funnier or more animated. That means
there are plenty of folks out there who qualify but are even more wooden
than the ones you see.

Frederick the Great

Feb 18, 2011, 5:23:02 PM2/18/11
In article
<c495379d-fda3-4fc5...@a28g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,

Fredmaster of Brainerd <bjwe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 17, 12:15 pm, RicodJour <ricodj...@worldemail.com> wrote:
> > On Feb 17, 12:45 pm, DirtRoadie <DirtRoa...@aol.com> wrote:

> > > There's more at stake:http://www.slate.com/id/2284721/pagenum/all/
> >
> > > "So my defeat at the hands of a machine has a happy ending, after all.
> > > At least until the whole system becomes sentient and figures out the
> > > nuclear launch codes. But I figure that's years away."
> >
> > He sounds too normal - maybe he's a bot.
>
> Ken Jennings is actually pretty funny, here's a
> bit more:
>
> http://live.washingtonpost.com/jeopardy-ken-jennings.html

A plethora of zingers. How to choose?

Q: How do you think Watson might do in categories
involving humor, puns, or other types of wordplay that
require more thought (or at least, a different kind of
thinking) than simple word association?

A: Watson is at a disadvantage when it comes to humor,
wordplay, irony, and so forth. But then again, so are
many humans that I meet, particularly the ones working
rental car counters.

> I think this is _proof_ he's a bot.

Notice he said "many humans that I meet",
as if one can meet any but humans. Suspicious.

> That's one small step for a machine, one
> giant fail for mankind.

Ben... Ben, put down screwdriver.

--
Old Fritz

Kurgan Gringioni

Feb 18, 2011, 9:29:08 PM2/18/11

"Fred on a stick" <anonymou...@address.invalid> wrote in message

: Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
: > Ken Jennings is actually pretty funny, here's a
: > bit more:
: >
:
: Perhaps a quarter to a third of the people who qualify for Jeopardy end up
: on the show (only a few percent of those who take the test qualify) so the
: producers choose the ones who seem funnier or more animated.

That blows me away. The people they have on the show already seem
exceptionally nerdy. Those are the most animated?!

Fred on a stick

Feb 18, 2011, 10:16:32 PM2/18/11
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> "Fred on a stick" <anonymou...@address.invalid> wrote in message

>> Perhaps a quarter to a third of the people who qualify for Jeopardy

>> end up on the show (only a few percent of those who take the test
>> qualify) so the producers choose the ones who seem funnier or more
>> animated.
>
> That blows me away. The people they have on the show already seem
> exceptionally nerdy. Those are the most animated?!

When I was on one of the other contestants brought his mom.

H. Fred Kveck

Feb 18, 2011, 11:09:14 PM2/18/11
In article <ijncmn$a66$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,

Sure it wasn't the other way around?

Plano Dude

Feb 18, 2011, 11:33:38 PM2/18/11
On Feb 18, 10:09 pm, "H. Fred Kveck" <YOURhow...@h-SHOESbomb.com>
wrote:
> In article <ijncmn$a6...@news.eternal-september.org>,

>  "Fred on a stick" <anonymous.cow...@address.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> > > That blows me away. The people they have on the show already seem
> > > exceptionally nerdy. Those are the most animated?!
>
> > When I was on one of the other contestants brought his mom.
>
>    Sure it wasn't the other way around?

Mom on a stick?

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Feb 18, 2011, 11:38:21 PM2/18/11
On Feb 18, 3:23 pm, Frederick the Great <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:

>  Fredmaster of Brainerd <bjwei...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> A: Watson is at a disadvantage when it comes to humor,
> wordplay, irony, and so forth. But then again, so are
> many humans that I meet, particularly the ones working
> rental car counters.
>
> > I think this is _proof_ he's a bot.
>
> Notice he said "many humans that I meet",
> as if one can meet any but humans. Suspicious.

Well caught, Mr. Press. We will be marking
you carefully in future.

> > That's one small step for a machine, one
> > giant fail for mankind.
>
> Ben... Ben, put down screwdriver.

It's OK. I've taken the side of the machines.
I welcome your new Skynet overlords.

Lately, when I get annoyed with stupid drivers,
one of the ways that I avoid using naughty words
is to say things like "Watch it, meat!"

Fredmaster Ben

Fred on a stick

Feb 19, 2011, 12:21:18 AM2/19/11

I sorta felt bad for him. His mom was a long time fan, they'd flown out from
the East Coast, and he lost in the first game of the day. By 10:30 in the
morning they were out of there with nothing to show for it but a year's
supply of All detergent and the home version of Jeopardy! the Board Game.
Must've been a long flight home.

Simply Fred

Feb 19, 2011, 6:26:43 AM2/19/11
Frederick the Great wrote:
> Q: How do you think Watson might do in categories
> involving humor, puns, or other types of wordplay that
> require more thought (or at least, a different kind of
> thinking) than simple word association?
>
> A: Watson is at a disadvantage when it comes to humor,
> wordplay, irony, and so forth. But then again, so are
> many humans that I meet, particularly the ones working
> rental car counters.

If irony is involved then Americans would surely (hopefully) lose (sorry
loose).

Simply Fred

Feb 20, 2011, 3:01:13 AM2/20/11
Fred on a stick wrote:
> When I was on one of the other contestants brought his mom.

Was she hot ?