Liz Hatch told to stay at home

1 view

Magilla Gorilla

Mar 25, 2010, 10:55:22 AM3/25/10
http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/trofeo-alfredo-binda-start-list

Liz Hatch told to shut up and stay home for World Cup. And it's a good
thing for her too since she would be a DNF.

Thanks,

Magilla

Message has been deleted

K. Fred Gauss

Mar 25, 2010, 10:05:57 PM3/25/10
Mark wrote:
> Fan fiction:
>
> In an alternate universe another Liz is chain-smoking on her break
> during 2nd shift at the Dorsett Two Twenty One Truck Stop, a few miles
> south of Austin on the I-35. A manager who looks vaguely Lance
> Armstrong (he is actually Lance's cousin and has hated Lance for years
> because of his success) is staring at her through the window in the
> door leading to the kitchen, pondering the growing curve of her belly
> beneath her smock and how Liz's smoking has already begun to age her.
> He has a wife at home and he knows soon he's going to have to come
> clean about it all. That or pay for a solution.
>
> Liz stubs her cigarette and for a moment a flicker of a dream that
> died somewhere around age 25 passes through her head. The wind in her
> hair; the adoring fans; the exotic European men; the adulation. Liz
> pats the bulge. She's already named it Lance Tyler George Hatch. Maybe
> it will happen for him, she thinks. Maybe. For him.

More, please.

Magilla Gorilla

Mar 26, 2010, 7:53:26 AM3/26/10
Mark wrote:

This is like one of those short stories in Nightshift from Stephen King.
But every time they make one into a movie, it sucks. Stick to reality
Carl Sagan, and leave the Einstein universe for the Stephen Hawkings of
the group.

Magilla