Go Theo Bos!

Feb 28, 2010, 1:29:18 PM2/28/10

Fred

Feb 28, 2010, 2:18:09 PM2/28/10
On Feb 28, 11:29 am, z <N...@not.ca> wrote:
> http://www.clasicadealmeria.com/Clasificacion.html
>
> Cav #2

Gitchy gitchy ya ya ta ta

K. Fred Gauss

Feb 28, 2010, 2:59:51 PM2/28/10

Does this mean you've got a crush on z?

Fred

Feb 28, 2010, 3:37:07 PM2/28/10
On Feb 28, 12:59 pm, "K. Fred Gauss"

No, Dumbass. I'm just 1) pleased to see Bos do well, and 2) pleased
to see Cav get beaten.

Why would you assume anything untoward from those song lyrics? Oh,
yeah... you're an idiot.

Fred

Anton Berlin

Feb 28, 2010, 5:24:09 PM2/28/10
On Feb 28, 12:29 pm, z <N...@not.ca> wrote:
> http://www.clasicadealmeria.com/Clasificacion.html
>
> Cav #2

That video is more proof that it sucks to watch a bike race in person.

In a way I think that cycling is in trouble. The pursuit is going
south, and the sport isn't adapting as (take for example) Winter games
and X games - style stuff - like ski cross or boarder cross which
suprisingly is totally unlike border cross (a non olympic event
dominated by mexicans and central americans).

Cycling needs some help RBR.

semi-ambivalent

Feb 28, 2010, 6:30:06 PM2/28/10

It's confusing too. How could Bos be the winner if he was so far back?
He was the one who sat up and gave the victory salute, wasn't he?
About 30 riders back? Or was he a lap ahead? I never can tell. That's
why I don't race.

sa

K. Fred Gauss

Feb 28, 2010, 6:58:41 PM2/28/10
Fred wrote:
> On Feb 28, 12:59 pm, "K. Fred Gauss"
> <Some...@Somewhere.You.Dont.Wanna.Be> wrote:
>> Fred wrote:
>>> Gitchy gitchy ya ya ta ta
>> Does this mean you've got a crush on z?
>
> No, Dumbass. I'm just 1) pleased to see Bos do well, and 2) pleased
> to see Cav get beaten.
>
> Why would you assume anything untoward from those song lyrics?

Gee, I don't know. Just because you're serenading him with lyrics from
the song "Voulez vous coucher avec moi se soir?" I'm sure that doesn't
mean anything at all. I can't imagine why you're so defensive about this.

Go ahead, stay in that closet as long as you'd like. Really, don't mind
us at all.

heather

Feb 28, 2010, 7:59:04 PM2/28/10
semi-ambivalent wrote:

> It's confusing too. How could Bos be the winner if he was so far back?
> He was the one who sat up and gave the victory salute, wasn't he?
> About 30 riders back? Or was he a lap ahead? I never can tell. That's
> why I don't race.

I think that's a happy teammate.

First place Bos is the black blur on the left & Super-speedy second
place Cavendish is the white blur on right:
http://home.comcast.net/~notheather/pwpimages/rbr.jpg

(They are the first riders coming across the line in that video.)

Henry

Feb 28, 2010, 8:06:43 PM2/28/10

more stylish ?
well, how about more crashes ? more outrageous clothing ? more drug
scandals ? more of a European flavour ?
how about a nice coming out-of-the-closet ?

WTF

Feb 28, 2010, 9:13:22 PM2/28/10
On 2/28/10 4:59 PM, in article 7v0hqq...@mid.individual.net, "heather"
<cle...@comcast.net> wrote:

Yes.....
The first rider across the line is usually the winner..

Fred

Feb 28, 2010, 9:55:19 PM2/28/10
On Feb 28, 4:58 pm, "K. Fred Gauss"

I wasn't serenading anyone, 'cept maybe your mother.

K. Fred Gauss

Feb 28, 2010, 10:12:10 PM2/28/10

Well then: Gitchy gitchy ya ya tata to you too, uncle Dad.

heather

Feb 28, 2010, 10:59:39 PM2/28/10

so are you a fan of Cavendish or not?

It's weird, I generally like Robbie McEwen, even though he comes across
to me as kinda annoying in his manner. but Cavendish has rubbed me the
wrong way. I feel it's wrong of me to like one of them and not the
other... Maybe I'm just irrational, or Maybe he will grow on me this
year. Maybe Maybe. Admittedly I've only heard him talk a few times and
could easily have the wrong impression.

Kurgan Gringioni

Feb 28, 2010, 11:07:29 PM2/28/10

"heather" <cle...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> so are you a fan of Cavendish or not?
>
> It's weird, I generally like Robbie McEwen, even though he comes across to
> me as kinda annoying in his manner. but Cavendish has rubbed me the wrong
> way. I feel it's wrong of me to like one of them and not the other...
> Maybe I'm just irrational, or

<snip>

Dumbass -

You've got your head up your ass. Avid fans are *supposed* to like some
athletes and dislike others. Bias and rooting interest is part of what makes
it entertainment.

If a sport isn't able to get its fans to care about its protaganists, then
it has failed. An analogy is a movie that does a poor job developing its
characters so that the viewer doesn't give a shit about what happens. When
that happens, the movie will commonly be described as "it sucks".

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

heather

Feb 28, 2010, 11:52:03 PM2/28/10
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> Dumbass -
>
> You've got your head up your ass. Avid fans are *supposed* to like some
> athletes and dislike others. Bias and rooting interest is part of what
> makes it entertainment.
>
> If a sport isn't able to get its fans to care about its protaganists,
> then it has failed. An analogy is a movie that does a poor job
> developing its characters so that the viewer doesn't give a shit about
> what happens. When that happens, the movie will commonly be described as
> "it sucks".

excepting the head-->ass bit, I agree with you (although secretly I do
wish sometimes that nobody had to lose) I just don't like it when I
can't even explain my own preferences to myself.

Kurgan Gringioni

Mar 1, 2010, 12:20:44 AM3/1/10

> excepting the head-->ass bit, I agree with you (although secretly I do
> wish sometimes that nobody had to lose) I just don't like it when I can't
> even explain my own preferences to myself.

Dumbass -

You've got your head up your ass. Subjective opinions aren't explainable.
When two people have two different favorite foods, they're both right.

"There's no accounting for taste"

Howard Kveck

Mar 1, 2010, 1:25:58 AM3/1/10

Person preferences don't always have rational reasons for existing. Henry's right
with his, "There's no accounting for taste" statement. I don't care for either McEwen
or Cavendish - they both come across the same way to me.

--
tanx,
Howard

Caught playing safe
It's a bored game

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

ronaldo_jeremiah

Mar 1, 2010, 9:59:40 AM3/1/10
On Feb 28, 10:07 pm, "Kurgan Gringioni" <kgringi...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> When
> that happens, the movie will commonly be described as "it sucks".

http://chronicle.com/article/The-Death-of-Film-Criticism/64352/

-rj

Michael Press

Mar 15, 2010, 11:26:08 AM3/15/10