any place where LA can catch 1 min back on AC ?

1 view

raamman

Jul 6, 2010, 10:01:41 PM7/6/10
ride along and hope for an opportunity to take the time back or align
with saxo to put some pressure on, burn off astana ?

Steve Freides

Jul 7, 2010, 6:08:11 PM7/7/10
raamman wrote:
> ride along and hope for an opportunity to take the time back or align
> with saxo to put some pressure on, burn off astana ?

If you're not a sprinter, the places you can make up time are in the
time trial and in the mountains - not much chance for the only other
option, a breakaway, because LA would be marked. Plenty of mountains
still to come ...

-S-

Brad Anders

Jul 7, 2010, 7:34:26 PM7/7/10

IMO, nearly anything can happen in a bike race, and in a race as long
as the TdF, there's plenty of opportunity to take back time. However,
it's a lot easier to take back time when you're stronger than your
competition, and I can't say that Lance looks like he's in that
position.

Brad Anders

Andre

Jul 7, 2010, 8:28:55 PM7/7/10

a flat or a mechanical problem

raamman

Jul 7, 2010, 11:27:55 PM7/7/10
> a flat or a mechanical problem- Hide quoted text -

so, you'd employ a stategy of waiting for a moment of divine
intervention... RS as a team is a lot stronger than Astana, and if
Vino can predictibly be sent on a breakaway now with a few mates it
could split the team leaving AC unprotected and worn down by the
moutains, and Saxo couldn't be pursuaded to help eliminate a podium
rival ? LA can do it, but he has to break Astana first.

DirtRoadie

Jul 7, 2010, 11:46:16 PM7/7/10
On Jul 6, 8:01 pm, raamman <raam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ride along and hope for an opportunity to take the time back or align
> with saxo to put some pressure on, burn off astana ?

The possibilities are nearly endless. Also, consider the possibility
of Contador LOSING time like, say, misjudging what happens with a
sudden change in wind direction due to a turn on the course.

Thinking out loud, I wonder, if Lance is behind and Contador crashes
on a descent by overcooking a corner, will Lance wait?

This is all supposed to invoke a bit of deja vu.

But one place a time gain will not NOT happen this year is in time
bonuses.

DR

Betty

Jul 8, 2010, 5:25:27 AM7/8/10
raamman wrote:
> ride along and hope for an opportunity to take the time back or align
> with saxo to put some pressure on, burn off astana ?

I suppose if they had a cross wind stage in Brittany, although Saxo bank
is more likely to take time of Radioshack than the converse. All
hypothetical though since there aren't any stages coming up soon where
strong cross winds are likely.

Steve Freides

Jul 8, 2010, 8:52:09 AM7/8/10

Twoo, dat.

-S-

raamman

Jul 8, 2010, 11:47:40 AM7/8/10
On Jul 7, 11:46 pm, DirtRoadie <DirtRoa...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Jul 6, 8:01 pm, raamman <raam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ride along and hope for an opportunity to take the time back or align
> > with saxo to put some pressure on, burn off astana ?
>
> The possibilities are nearly endless. Also, consider the possibility
> of Contador LOSING time like, say, misjudging what happens with a
> sudden change in wind direction due to a turn on the course.

he's not likely to make the same mistake

> Thinking out loud, I wonder, if Lance is behind and Contador crashes
> on a descent by overcooking a corner, will Lance wait?

avoiding overcooking on a descent is still skill, not luck

> This is all supposed to invoke a bit of deja vu.
>
> But one place a time gain will not  NOT happen this year is in time
> bonuses.

time bonuses suck

> DR

S Perryman

Jul 11, 2010, 4:11:37 PM7/11/10

Betty

Jul 11, 2010, 5:12:03 PM7/11/10
S Perryman wrote:

Put 2 ball patches and a bottle Jack Daniels tonight and Monday night
and then go on a solo attack on Tuesday.

RicodJour

Jul 11, 2010, 6:15:29 PM7/11/10

Ummm, he only has one ball.

Maybe you meant:
Put on a solo ball patch and a bottle of Jack Daniels tonight and
Monday night and then go on a double attack on Tuesday.

Betty

Jul 12, 2010, 5:06:53 AM7/12/10

RicodJour wrote:
> Ummm, he only has one ball.
>
> Maybe you meant:
> Put on a solo ball patch and a bottle of Jack Daniels tonight and
> Monday night and then go on a double attack on Tuesday.

You get double the effect if you put on 2 patches per ball (although you
need big enough balls to fit 2 patches on) so if Landis had used 4 he
would have doubled his advantage in 2006.

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Jul 12, 2010, 5:46:44 AM7/12/10
On Jul 11, 10:11 pm, S Perryman <a...@a.net> wrote:

> any place where LA can catch 12 min back on AC (was 1 min) ?

http://www.tgv.com/

Fredconducteur Ben