Tour de France, stage 1 summary

Bob Martin

Jul 4, 2010, 11:34:23 AM7/4/10

Stage 1 : Jul 4, Rotterdam - Brussels, 223.5 km

1 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita) Lampre-Farnese Vini 5.09.38
2 Mark Renshaw (Aus) Team HTC - Columbia
3 Thor Hushovd (Nor) Cervelo Test Team
4 Robbie McEwen (Aus) Team Katusha
5 Matthieu Ladagnous (Fra) Francaise des Jeux
6 Daniel Oss (Ita) Liquigas-Doimo
7 Jose Joaquin Rojas Gil (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne
8 Christian Knees (Ger) Team Milram
9 Ruben Perez Moreno (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi
10 Jurgen Roelandts (Bel) Omega Pharma-Lotto

Changes in GC, stage 1 compared to stage 0 :

Biggest gainers by position :
+6 Wesley Sulzberger
+6 Ruben Perez Moreno
+6 Mathieu Perget
+6 Jose Alberto Benitez Roman
+6 Aitor Perez Arrieta
+5 Thomas Voeckler
+5 Serguei Ivanov
+5 Serge Pauwels
+5 Rinaldo Nocentini
+5 Pierre Rolland

Biggest losers by position :
-159 Lars Boom
-148 Maarten Tjallingii
-101 Maarten Wijnants
-47 Andreas Klier
-15 Alan Perez Lezaun
-5 Dmitriy Muravyev

Biggest gainers by time :

Biggest losers by time :
-4:06 Dmitriy Muravyev
-3:43 Alan Perez Lezaun
-3:20 Lars Boom
-3:20 Maarten Wijnants
-3:14 Andreas Klier
-2:37 Maarten Tjallingii

Favourites by position :
+3 Joaquin Rodriguez
+3 Andy Schleck
+2 Robert Gesink
+2 Ivan Basso
+2 Frank Schleck
+2 Denis Menchov

Favourites by time :

Top 3 and favourites GC standings (previous stage in parens) :
1 Fabian Cancellara 5:19:38 (unchanged)
2 Tony Martin 0:10 (unchanged)
3 David Millar 0:20 (unchanged)
4 Lance Armstrong 0:22 (unchanged)
6 Alberto Contador Velasco 0:27 (unchanged)
8 Levi Leipheimer 0:28 (unchanged)
17 Andreas Kloden 0:36 (unchanged)
20 Roman Kreuziger 0:38 (unchanged)
22 Luis Leon Sanchez Gil 0:39 (unchanged)
23 Cadel Evans 0:39 (unchanged)
54 Robert Gesink 0:51 (was 56th at 0:51)
70 Ivan Basso 0:55 (was 72nd at 0:55)
72 Denis Menchov 0:56 (was 74th at 0:56)
77 Frank Schleck 0:57 (was 79th at 0:57)
112 Joaquin Rodriguez 1:08 (was 115th at 1:08)
119 Andy Schleck 1:09 (was 122nd at 1:09)

Top 10 on Points table with previous in parens:
1 Alessandro Petacchi 35 (was 0 points)
2 Mark Renshaw 30 (was 0 points)
3 Thor Hushovd 26 (was 0 points)
4 Robbie McEwen 24 (was 0 points)
5 Matthieu Ladagnous 22 (was 0 points)
6 Daniel Oss 20 (was 0 points)
7 Jose Joaquin Rojas Gil 19 (was 0 points)
8 Christian Knees 18 (was 0 points)
9 Geraint Thomas 17 (was 5th with 6 points)
10 Ruben Perez Moreno 17 (was 0 points)

Retirements to date : Stage
Manuel Cardoso (Spa) Footon-Servetto 1 <<<
Mathias Frank (Swi) BMC Racing Team 1 <<<
Total retirements : 2

(This report can also be seen at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rvmartin2)

Betty

Jul 4, 2010, 4:28:28 PM7/4/10
Bob Martin wrote:

> Stage 1 : Jul 4, Rotterdam - Brussels, 223.5 km

You need to add a most crashes section. I reckon David Millar would be
right up there.

Uncle Dave

Jul 4, 2010, 4:47:09 PM7/4/10

It makes you proud to be British.

UD

Betty

Jul 4, 2010, 5:14:28 PM7/4/10

Uncle Dave wrote:
> It makes you proud to be British.

Well you did score a goal (or 2) against Die Mannschaft which is more
than can be said for the Argentineans.

Fred Gringioni

Jul 4, 2010, 7:37:08 PM7/4/10

"Uncle Dave" <david...@t-online.de> wrote in message

:: It makes you proud to be British.

Dumbass -

You've got Chris Boardman to be proud of too. That man was a bike handling
WIZARD.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Scott

Jul 5, 2010, 10:24:09 AM7/5/10
On Jul 4, 5:37 pm, "Fred Gringioni" <soulinthemach...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> "Uncle Dave" <davidco...@t-online.de> wrote in message

He had nothing on Zulle. He could crash while warming up for a TT on
his trainer.

Fred Gringioni

Jul 5, 2010, 1:22:42 PM7/5/10

"Scott" <hendric...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Dumbass -

Boardman crashed out of the TdF in the prologue, then had the honor of
crashing himself (on a straight road, no jostling going on) out of the TdF
while wearing the yellow jersey.

Zulle was prolific, but I don't believe that his crashes were quite as
illustrious.