Anyone watching the post-Tour-show w/Lance on FR2/3?

Mike Jacoubowsky

Jul 18, 2010, 12:06:42 PM7/18/10
"I'm not at all, at all, zero percent worried" about the accusations from
LeMond and Floyd.

They're spending a lot of time interviewing Lance, with the first 10 minutes
being memories of the past 'Tours, whether he's going to leave this one
early (no), but then spent a few minutes on the various allegations, and now
they're back to the love-fest, bringing in others (Michel Drucker) remotely.

Wow, it must be 30 minutes now.

Interesting that Lance no longer attempts to speak French, and for half of
the interviewers he needs a translator. I remember, back in 2002 I think,
seeing Lance being interviewed on French TV and speaking French, but the
interviewer became frustrated by his pauses and brought in a translator...
not realizing that that's just how the guy speaks. Pretty funny. But now, it
could be an interesting strategy on his part, hearing how what he says in
English is translated. He isn't perfectly fluent in French, but speaks it
pretty well.

It would be interesting to see a transcript of this show. It's still going
on... is this going to be a full hour?

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Davey Crockett

Jul 18, 2010, 1:03:45 PM7/18/10
"Mike Jacoubowsky" a écrit profondement:

| "I'm not at all, at all, zero percent worried" about the accusations
| from LeMond and Floyd.

I was watching but shut it down after the finish

Spotted Dick was great though

--
Wake Up you KoolAid Drinkers - They have passed the health bill, they
have passed the financial regulations bill and they have snuck stuff

Keith

Jul 18, 2010, 8:15:57 PM7/18/10
On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 09:06:42 -0700, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
<Mi...@ChainReaction.com> wrote:

>"I'm not at all, at all, zero percent worried" about the accusations from
>LeMond and Floyd.

[SNIP]

>It would be interesting to see a transcript of this show. It's still going
>on... is this going to be a full hour?

I watched it distractedly and even recorded it, started watching it
again but stopped as it was pretty pathetic...

One thing I remember is that he challenged Lemond to tell everyone
what he was doing in 1989, i.e. : "ok you're accusing me of doping but
you doped in 1989 to win the Tour" ...ironically the1989 runner up was
sitting next to him, but no one seemed interested by that attack
(maybe they didn't quite understand) and then they brought on Michel
Drucker, so I switched off the TV.

All this sucking is fine when you're dealing with the best man in the
race, when it's a has-been it's really pathetic.

PS - Are you in France or do you have a trick to watch FR2 from Ca ?

Davey Crockett

Jul 18, 2010, 9:40:57 PM7/18/10
Keith a écrit profondement:

Do a ::
whois 212.99.20.130

--
When "Serve and Protect" becomes "Enforce and Intimidate"
Another Lying Cop

Perry

Jul 21, 2010, 2:45:54 PM7/21/10
Considering what he's accomplished having one ball, Lance must be
considered a middling fraud.

Of course, as he nears the end, maybe a lot of reflective people have
stopped
buying into Lance's concocted-by-an-agent-for-a-heartening-money-
making-miraculous "cancer cure"story.

"CANCER"+STEROIDS = $

Look you sports dupes. It doesn't take the brains of an ashtray to
deduce that if Armstrong's stage 4 bodywide cancer recovery was free
of fiction, his every physiological and cellular aspect would have
been studied and scrutinized by researchers to the Nth-degree to
determine if his recovery path could be replicated in/by other
seriously ill patients.

Of course, THAT route would have required long-term, in-depth BLOOD
exams and analyses, wouldn't it?