rebranding equipment...

Cicero Venatio

Mar 4, 2010, 10:10:23 AM3/4/10
As the dollar drops, and the price of equipment rises, I see cyclists
buying more and more equipment from frames to shifters that are branded
Nashbar. But I also see them, in their shame, do some real clumsy
attempts to hide the nashbar logo on their equipment. Now a real man,
could care less, and sport the Nashbar logo with pride, noting it's not
the bike, but the man that is important. But in this new world of
fakes, frauds and poseurs, it is the brand of the shifter or the frame
that counts. I've even seen these poseurs even refuse to drink a store
branded soft drink, just because it wasn't a "Coke" or a "Pespsi." Has
madison avenue made everyone just incredibly shallow?

rick-...@uiowa.edu

Mar 4, 2010, 12:02:44 PM3/4/10
Oh look at all the posers. Those that buy kit that advertises for
others. WTF? Are people so needy they must belong to a group? Really
advertising a pro team has long term benefits. Look at all the old
7-11, Postal, Motorola and so on you still see riders and fans
wearing. Worst yet are small local clubs that require members to buy
their own kit that advertises for the teams sponsors. This is so
wrong. Riders pay to pretend they look like dopers.

Amit Ghosh

Mar 4, 2010, 9:22:21 PM3/4/10
On Mar 4, 12:02 pm, "rick-pau...@uiowa.edu" <rick-pau...@uiowa.edu>
wrote:

dumbass,

where do you rank the rock racings - where the racers ride escalades
to the races (and get shaken down by the mexican cops) meanwhile
selling their kits on ebay to pay their cellphone bills.

Fred Cousineau

Mar 4, 2010, 9:39:09 PM3/4/10
In article <QtednYl1xOP8UBLW...@earthlink.com>,
Cicero Venatio <jazz...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Dear Cicero:

People are hiding their Nashbar-logo shifters? That's, like, a branding
upgrade from Microshift.

--
Fred Cousineau rcou...@gmail.com http://www.wiredcola.com/
"It's despicable, but it works." -Fred Dumas

bjwe...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2010, 10:18:03 PM3/4/10
On Mar 4, 10:02 am, "rick-pau...@uiowa.edu" <rick-pau...@uiowa.edu>
wrote:

Dumbass,

I'd rather have a hater mistake me for a doper or a poser,
than a poser mistake me for a hater.

Small-club riders should pay for their own kit. It's a
hobby or a pastime. If your team is so professional that
Cat 3s and 4s are getting free kit, then the sponsorship
priorities are messed up. Sponsorship dollars should
subsidize race entry fees, putting on races, discount/free
entries/kit/expenses for juniors, and communal club
expenses (gas money, etc).

Thank you for your attention in this matter,
Ben

A. Dumas Fred

Mar 5, 2010, 9:22:11 AM3/5/10
b...@mambo.ucolick.org wrote:
> Small-club riders should pay for their own kit. It's a
> hobby or a pastime. If your team is so professional that
> Cat 3s and 4s are getting free kit, then the sponsorship
> priorities are messed up. Sponsorship dollars should
> subsidize race entry fees, putting on races, discount/free
> entries/kit/expenses for juniors, and communal club
> expenses (gas money, etc).
>
> Thank you for your attention in this matter,
> Ben

ADF Likes This.

Michael Press

Mar 15, 2010, 7:03:38 PM3/15/10
In article <QtednYl1xOP8UBLW...@earthlink.com>,
Cicero Venatio <jazz...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Where have you been hiding your head?
This behavior is not new. I never was new.

dave a

Mar 15, 2010, 8:27:02 PM3/15/10

You've been old your whole life?

Tom Kunich

Mar 15, 2010, 8:40:20 PM3/15/10
"Cicero Venatio" <jazz...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Huh? The shifters sold by Nashbar appear to be Chinese manufacture and
moderately well made. But they're not any where near as well made as Shimano
and especially Campagnolo. This isn't some rebranded Shimano shifter as you
appear to think.

Amit Ghosh

Mar 16, 2010, 8:59:11 AM3/16/10
On Mar 15, 8:40 pm, "Tom Kunich" <tkun...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> This isn't some rebranded Shimano shifter as you
> appear to think.

dumbass,

that's not what he thinks.

are you going to watch the tirreno TT today dumbass ?