This is moronic - "despite perfect tactics"

Anton Berlin

Apr 24, 2011, 2:54:44 PM4/24/11
http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/04/news/schlecks-say-they-did-what-they-could-at-2011-liege-bastogne-liege-but-phillipe-gilbert-was-too-strong_169960

I didn't see a single attempt to use their 2 against 1 position.
How in the fuck can tempo riding be called "an attack" ?

The Schlecks just don't have the killer instinct.

--D-y

Apr 24, 2011, 4:08:04 PM4/24/11
On Apr 24, 1:54 pm, Anton Berlin <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/04/news/schlecks-say-they-did-wha...

> I didn't see a single attempt to use their 2 against 1 position.
> How in the fuck can tempo riding be called "an attack" ?
>
> The Schlecks just don't have the killer instinct.

Like two Boy Scouts helping a little old lady across the street...
Geeze. I mean, attack and fucking die, puke all over the street,
something!
--D-y

A. Dumas

Apr 25, 2011, 6:22:34 AM4/25/11

Andy cried afterwards. Not sure this helps his case or not.
http://nos.nl/video/235396-andy-schleck-zit-stuk-na-luik.html

--D-y

Apr 25, 2011, 9:40:11 AM4/25/11

Right onto giving up some love on the baby, who smiled.
That's some pretty good cowboyin' up IMHO. Including not hiding behind
the hat even when it's the closest thing to a hole for any distance.
On to the Tour.
--D-y

Choppy Warburton

Apr 25, 2011, 10:25:06 AM4/25/11

> Like two Boy Scouts helping a little old lady across the street...
> Geeze. I mean, attack and fucking die, puke all over the street,
> something!
> --D-y

Well stated !

Mike Jacoubowsky

Apr 25, 2011, 12:56:36 PM4/25/11

=========

Like two Boy Scouts helping a little old lady across the street...
Geeze. I mean, attack and fucking die, puke all over the street,
something!
--D-y
=========

2010 Tourmalet stage redux?

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Ben Trovato

Apr 25, 2011, 3:32:20 PM4/25/11
> I didn't see a single attempt to use their 2 against 1 position.
> How in the fuck can tempo riding be called "an attack" ?
>
> The Schlecks just don't have the killer instinct.

Let's restate the obvious, shall we... the Schlecks ride away from
everyone except Gilbert on la Roche aux faucons. They try another
attack on St Nicholas: Andy gets dropped and Frank barely hangs on.
And in the finale, TurboPhil has enough of a gap to start his
celebration before the line. I'd say A&F decided riding hard for 2nd
& 3rd was better than putzing around to finish 5th & 8th.

--D-y

Apr 25, 2011, 11:13:53 PM4/25/11
On Apr 25, 11:56 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:
> "--D-y" <dustoyev...@mac.com> wrote in message

Close enough. But, I watched the later moments and realized that
Gilbert had, and probably more times than the coverage showed, pulled
some pretty intimidating moves of his own, not "allowing" the Schlecks
to get anything going. Yes, it's hard to attack when you're pedaling
about as hard as you can but one of them needed to attack, fucking
die, puke all over the street!
And even if both of them AFDPAOTS'd, and Gilbert rolled in solo, at
least they would have died trying to win instead of conserving podia.
--D-y

Fred

Apr 26, 2011, 1:07:43 AM4/26/11

I think you're right about Gilbert's smart move on St Nicholas, not
really attacking but pushing the pace hard enough that they couldn't
really attack him. I can only imagine what he must've been thinking
when he went over the top and only Frank was with him. I'd almost bet
he was thinking of all the various ways he could do a victory salute,
given that he was a lock to win. That, or he was thinking of some
respectable way he could kill himself if he didn't win.

Fred

--D-y

Apr 26, 2011, 1:25:13 AM4/26/11

Yup, obvious. But what if a well-timed attack had found Gilbert in a
weak moment?
Yeah, he had them intimidated. I've been there myself, on both sides,
in fatty master parking-lot racing (using the LCD approach required
here).
But, I've also died after repeatedly attacking a stronger opponent,
who did not end up winning the race, by a long shot.
His anger at being embarrassed by a "lesser" at a race he felt he was
divinely ordained (so to speak) to win was a big factor in his defeat.
The human element must be exploited...
--D-y

Ronko

Apr 26, 2011, 2:13:24 AM4/26/11
The move on the St.Nicholas, where Gilbert dropped Andy, is probably the
key sign here. Andy is the best climber of the three, but he was dropped,
although finally catching back on. Gilbert was the strong man that day,
although I do agree with other comments that Andy and Frank should have
pressed coordinated attacks. If they had the legs.

Hat's off to all three for a terrific race.

In article <65f654c4-64eb-4108-8bd6-
7d13c5...@a21g2000prj.googlegroups.com>,
truth...@yahoo.com says...

>http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/04/news/schlecks-say-they-did-
what-they-could-at-2011-liege-bastogne-liege-but-phillipe-gilbert-was-too

A. Dumas

Apr 26, 2011, 4:09:51 AM4/26/11
--D-y wrote:
> And even if both of them AFDPAOTS'd, and Gilbert rolled in solo, at
> least they would have died trying to win instead of conserving podia.

Dumbass, they are professionals not sportsmen.

--D-y

Apr 26, 2011, 9:02:23 AM4/26/11

You are on a slippery slope there. Watch out, "it's OK to be a
sportsman" is down there in the river with the alligators.

However: fair comment.

They are still boy scouts.
--D-y

Substance McGravitas

Apr 27, 2011, 1:50:14 AM4/27/11

Kids, kids, kids. This is Gilbert's July. He kicked their asses because
it's the Schleck's April.

Yeah, the Schleck's lack the killer instinct but it's the wrong month to
prove that.

Anton Berlin

Apr 27, 2011, 9:47:27 PM4/27/11

> Kids, kids, kids. This is Gilbert's July. He kicked their asses because
> it's the Schleck's April.
>
> Yeah, the Schleck's lack the killer instinct but it's the wrong month to
> prove that.

The Schleck's will lack the killer instinct in July also. I've
given Frank's Beijing jersey to my girlfriend - I am just too
embarrassed to wear it.

RicodJour

Apr 27, 2011, 11:22:54 PM4/27/11
On Apr 27, 9:47 pm, Anton Berlin <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The Schleck's will lack the killer instinct in July also.    I've
> given Frank's Beijing jersey to my girlfriend - I am just too
> embarrassed to wear it.

Probably fits her better, too. Those Schlecks are some skinny mofos.

We shall see in July. I think the Schlecks need some serious
disappointment in the early part of the season. They need some fire
in the belly, and that only comes from bitter disappointment.