Rules is Rules

DirtRoadie

Jul 26, 2010, 12:15:18 PM7/26/10

DirtRoadie

Jul 26, 2010, 12:28:43 PM7/26/10

Jimmy July

Jul 26, 2010, 12:52:26 PM7/26/10
On 07/26/2010 09:15 AM, DirtRoadie wrote:
> http://is.gd/dK8Ar

This is it, they've got LANCE now! Caught, red-handed in a serious rule
violation after all these years!

Lafferty was RIGHT!

Fred Flintstein

Jul 26, 2010, 2:09:17 PM7/26/10

They learned that from Cipo. No one was fined more
frequently for jersey violations.

Fred Flintstein

Mark J.

Jul 26, 2010, 4:41:35 PM7/26/10

So what's up with that? I mean, Cipo got fines, but Radio Shack was
threatened with a DQ - change jerseys or else.

In 2003, Radio S... ,erm, US Postal rode the final stage of the Tour in
gray "retro" postal jersies rather than their regular blue kit. No DQ
there. Dunno if there was a fine.

Have the "Rules" changed, the /official/ penalties, or just the
enthusiasm of the commissaires?

Mark J.

DirtRoadie

Jul 26, 2010, 5:52:18 PM7/26/10

Well these ARE the same guys that DQ'ed Renshaw instead of fining or
relegating him or the team.

DR

Mike Jacoubowsky

Jul 27, 2010, 1:14:24 PM7/27/10
"Mark J." <MarkU...@comcast.net> wrote in message

The Commissaires claim that something could have been worked out if
they'd been informed ahead of time, and further that Johan's tweets were
disrespectful (true). But it's not as if they're out for blood; they've
already provided a middle ground whereby any penalties assessed go to a
Swiss cancer organization.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Kurgan Gringioni

Jul 27, 2010, 1:32:38 PM7/27/10

"DirtRoadie" <DirtR...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Well these ARE the same guys that DQ'ed Renshaw instead of fining or
> relegating him or the team.

Dumbass -

DQ'ing Renshaw was the correct move. Any other sanction wouldn't have enough
deterrent effect.

If they slapped him on the hand, we'd see an epidemic of leadout men trying
to chop other teams' sprinters (what Renshaw did to Farrar) after they
finished leading out.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

DirtRoadie

Jul 27, 2010, 10:08:26 PM7/27/10
On Jul 27, 11:32 am, "Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinthemach...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> "DirtRoadie" <DirtRoa...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > Well these ARE the same guys that DQ'ed Renshaw instead of fining or
> > relegating him or the team.
>
> Dumbass -
>
> DQ'ing Renshaw was the correct move. Any other sanction wouldn't have enough
> deterrent effect.
>
> If they slapped him on the hand, we'd see an epidemic of leadout men trying
> to chop other teams' sprinters (what Renshaw did to Farrar) after they
> finished leading out.

What they need is a method of penalizing the _team_ if that does not
already exist. Relegation of a sprinter who benefits from the
misconduct of a leadout man would be appropriate.

DR