Anyone else sick of hearing these British announcers gush over riders from the UK?

Anton Berlin

Jul 18, 2010, 11:33:24 AM7/18/10
It's pathetic really. The Eurosport guys act as if some one from the
UK will actually have a meaningful impact in the tour all the way to
Phil Ligget's obvious homo-erotic man crushes on the Manx Missile,
Millar and Wiggins.

Liggett loves Millar the most but he wouldn't mind a little manx
missle meat.

It's god damn disturbing to hear grown men carry on this way so
publicly.

Zeno

Jul 18, 2010, 2:55:10 PM7/18/10

They made fools of themselves today by spendiing so much time on
Wiggo, but I guess since "poor David Millar" is now a moving train
wreck, they didn't have much choice.

Where do they think the are commentating? On UK Eurosport? And their
blind defense of virtually anything Cavendish or High Road does has
made them look like a of couple of unprofessional small town homers.

Bob Martin

Jul 18, 2010, 2:15:12 PM7/18/10

Don't suppose the US commentators ever gushed over Lance? ;-)

Uncle Dave

Jul 18, 2010, 5:09:26 PM7/18/10
On Jul 18, 4:33 pm, Anton Berlin <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> It's pathetic really.  The Eurosport guys act as if some one from the
> UK will actually have a meaningful impact in the tour all the way to
> Phil Ligget's obvious homo-erotic man crushes on the Manx Missile,
> Millar and Wiggins.

You don't suppose it's because the UK, being the only country in
Europe where English is the native language, provides the bulk of
their audience? Or that the commentator and link guy are both
English? Maybe? Woddya think? If you don't like it, watch another
channel, or switch to another language. Do they still do that on
Eurosport in Europe - have several languages available? Probably
not. Anyway, they're Brits FFS and - until they sent it out to the
world this year - the coverage was aimed at the UK and the odd sad
sack watching in other countries. Like I used to. Sheesh. Partisan
commentators. Who'd a thunk it?

I thought you were a man of the world an' all...

UD

Anton Berlin

Jul 18, 2010, 5:13:29 PM7/18/10

I am and that's what makes the display so disgusting. Why not have a
bike race and let the best doper win. No need to bring national pride
into the ruckus.

MyPostingID

Jul 18, 2010, 5:24:43 PM7/18/10

I thought they were going on a bit about the French, myself. But I
can't say it bothers me in the least. I really don't pay that much
attention to the "color commentary." (American, born in Rhode Island,
raised in Kansas, now live in New York)

Henry

Jul 18, 2010, 7:40:07 PM7/18/10

don't feed the trolls.

Andre

Jul 18, 2010, 8:54:16 PM7/18/10

It's not only England; they drool over any cyclist who speaks English:
Australians, Americans, South Africans, even Canadians.

MyPostingID

Jul 18, 2010, 8:56:19 PM7/18/10

I really don't see it, myself.

Dumbass

Jul 18, 2010, 9:14:07 PM7/18/10
On Jul 18, 8:54 pm, Andre <orade...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Australians, Americans, South Africans, even Canadians.- Hide quoted text -

Cav is the only racer left from an English speaking country worth
mentioning.

Anton Berlin

Jul 18, 2010, 9:19:39 PM7/18/10
On Jul 18, 2:15 pm, Bob Martin <bob.mar...@excite.com> wrote:

Yeah and it was disgusting too. They were still fawning over Lance
until he told them not to

K. Fred Gauss

Jul 19, 2010, 12:07:18 AM7/19/10
Anton Berlin wrote:

> Why not have a bike race and let the best doper win.

Would you pick a persona and stick with it, for crying out loud?

I hate it when you get all reasonable, and shit.

Bob Martin

Jul 19, 2010, 1:15:27 AM7/19/10
in 322865 20100719 015416 Andre <orad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Jul 18, 7:40=A0pm, Henry <snogfest_hosebe...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>he
>>
>> > You don't suppose it's because the UK, being the only country in
>> > Europe where English is the native language, provides the bulk of
>> > their audience? =A0Or that the commentator and link guy are both
>> > English? =A0Maybe? =A0Woddya think? =A0If you don't like it, watch anot=
>her
>> > channel, or switch to another language. =A0Do they still do that on
>> > Eurosport in Europe - have several languages available? =A0Probably
>> > not. =A0Anyway, they're Brits FFS and - until they sent it out to the

>> > world this year - the coverage was aimed at the UK and the odd sad
>> > sack watching in other countries. =A0Like I used to. =A0Sheesh. =A0Part=
>isan
>> > commentators. =A0Who'd a thunk it?

>> > I thought you were a man of the world an' all...
>>
>> > UD
>>
>> don't feed the trolls.
>
>It's not only England; they drool over any cyclist who speaks English:
>Australians, Americans, South Africans, even Canadians.

Don't forget the Irish, Welsh and Scots.

A. Dumas

Jul 19, 2010, 5:56:34 AM7/19/10
Bob Martin wrote:

> in 322865 20100719 015416 Andre wrote:
>> It's not only England; they drool over any cyclist who speaks English:
>> Australians, Americans, South Africans, even Canadians.
>
> Don't forget the Irish, Welsh and Scots.

He didn't.

A. Dumas

Jul 19, 2010, 5:58:15 AM7/19/10
Uncle Dave wrote:
> Do they still do that on
> Eurosport in Europe - have several languages available? Probably
> not.

Sure: German, French, Dutch that I know of at least.

Fred on a stick

Jul 19, 2010, 7:57:12 AM7/19/10

Could be worse. French Eurosport used to have (don't know if they still
do -- I've been watching France 2/3) Richard Fucking Virenque.

Anton Berlin

Jul 19, 2010, 8:23:44 AM7/19/10
On Jul 19, 6:57 am, Fred on a stick <anonymous.cow...@address.invalid>
wrote:

The french don't even pick winners when it comes to their own? Ha !
Vive la France!

Bob Martin

Jul 19, 2010, 1:07:29 PM7/19/10

French ES had Richard Virenque and Jackie Durand yesterday.

Michael Press

Jul 19, 2010, 5:47:50 PM7/19/10
In article <34S0o.167639$9c1.51030@hurricane>,
Bob Martin <bob.m...@excite.com> wrote:

They speak English? I suppose we have own Yorkshire and Northumberland.

--
Michael Press

Fred on a stick

Jul 19, 2010, 6:16:29 PM7/19/10

I sort of like Jacky Durand but not enough to bear listening to Virenque.

bar

Jul 19, 2010, 7:24:52 PM7/19/10
On Jul 19, 6:16 pm, Fred on a stick <anonymous.cow...@address.invalid>
wrote:

> On 7/19/2010 8:07 PM, Bob Martin wrote:
>
> > in 322914 20100719 125712 Fred on a stick<anonymous.cow...@address.invalid>  wrote:

> >> Could be worse. French Eurosport used to have (don't know if they still
> >> do -- I've been watching France 2/3) Richard Fucking Virenque.
>
> > French ES had Richard Virenque and Jackie Durand yesterday.
>
> I sort of like Jacky Durand but not enough to bear listening to Virenque.

Lay off RFV bro. Honestly, I'd rather listen to a pack of monkeys
hammered on jack daniels than put up with the alzheimer's fueled
bullshit that phil & paul put out these days. I, for one, love the
eurosport mofos ... and thank god for them everyday.

-b-

Anton Berlin

Jul 19, 2010, 7:31:21 PM7/19/10

Without a doubt - Eurosport is way better than Versus. Even when it
is about Wiggins.

Fred on a stick

Jul 20, 2010, 3:07:32 AM7/20/10
On 7/20/2010 1:24 AM, bar wrote:

>>> French ES had Richard Virenque and Jackie Durand yesterday.
>>
>> I sort of like Jacky Durand but not enough to bear listening to Virenque.
>
> Lay off RFV bro. Honestly, I'd rather listen to a pack of monkeys
> hammered on jack daniels than put up with the alzheimer's fueled

> bullshit that phil& paul put out these days. I, for one, love the

> eurosport mofos ... and thank god for them everyday.

Ah, but I get to listen to Fignon on France 2/3. Except that his voice
is completely shot, he's much better than he was a couple of years ago,
pre-cancer. Hmmm. Sort of like LANCE.

Betty

Jul 20, 2010, 4:42:12 AM7/20/10

Michael Press wrote:
> They speak English? I suppose we have own Yorkshire and Northumberland.

The Irish are like English Texans.

Anton Berlin

Jul 22, 2010, 10:40:01 AM7/22/10

Eurosport gushing over Bradley Wiggins again - ( "the best all around
rider in the Tour" )

Betty

Jul 23, 2010, 5:03:51 AM7/23/10
Anton Berlin wrote:
> Eurosport gushing over Bradley Wiggins again - ( "the best all around
> rider in the Tour" )

Some FMs could be described as all around riders.

Anton Berlin

Jul 23, 2010, 9:08:24 AM7/23/10

All round ? Or all around the Krispy Kreme?