Tour of Colorado???

Superfly TNT

Aug 3, 2010, 2:55:12 AM8/3/10

DirtRoadie

Aug 3, 2010, 11:10:15 AM8/3/10
On Aug 3, 12:55 am, Superfly TNT <superfly-...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> http://twitter.com/lancearmstrong/status/20181343934

Yes
http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/07/news/tour-of-colorado-to-launch-in-2011_132118

I'll be interested in seeing the venues.
Likely to be heavy on front range locations.
Likely will not have such classics as the "tour of the moon."
DR

DirtRoadie

Aug 3, 2010, 11:28:21 AM8/3/10
But I'll bet it will have some other name.
http://www.tourofcolorado.com/

DR

CowPunk

Aug 3, 2010, 4:57:03 PM8/3/10
If it is funded through the state then I'd say it has about a 20%
chance of surviving the budget axe next year.
Gov. Quiter has already resigned and will not be around next year.

Phil

Aug 3, 2010, 9:15:45 PM8/3/10

yeah, Maybe they could call
it........................................The Coors Classic

DirtRoadie

Aug 3, 2010, 9:35:32 PM8/3/10

Naw. Boring. How 'bout '"Hell of the West?"

DR

DirtRoadie

Aug 4, 2010, 12:22:17 PM8/4/10
On Aug 3, 7:15 pm, Phil <prh...@gmail.com> wrote:

er, Quizno's Classic?
Doesn't have the nice ring of "Red Zinger Classic."

B. Lafferty

Aug 4, 2010, 5:28:46 PM8/4/10

I agree. I think Michael Azner owns the rights to that race name.

DirtRoadie

Aug 5, 2010, 12:13:05 AM8/5/10

His name is "Aisner."
If anybody owns rights to the name (not likely - it's long abandoned)
it would be a company known as "Celestial Seasonings."

DR

RicodJour

Aug 5, 2010, 1:10:51 AM8/5/10
On Aug 5, 12:13 am, DirtRoadie <DirtRoa...@aol.com> wrote:

> His name is "Aisner."
> If anybody owns rights to the name (not likely - it's long abandoned)
> it would be a company known as  "Celestial Seasonings."

A company called Celestial Seasonings should sell seasonings.

B. Lafferty

Aug 5, 2010, 6:06:43 AM8/5/10

Aisner bought the rights to the race and the use of the name Red Zinger
for bike racing. IIRC, he paid one dollar for the race.

DirtRoadie

Aug 5, 2010, 9:08:53 AM8/5/10

Race yes. Name no.

DR