Où est Lance?

BL

Oct 18, 2011, 10:44:43 AM10/18/11
Le Tour de France parcours a été présenté --- mais, où est Lance?
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/photos/2012-tour-de-france-route-officially-presented/194112

dave a

Oct 18, 2011, 11:05:21 AM10/18/11
On 10/18/2011 7:44 AM, BL wrote:
> Le Tour de France parcours a été présenté --- mais, où est Lance?
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/photos/2012-tour-de-france-route-officially-presented/194112

must be Tuesday...

atriage

Oct 18, 2011, 11:16:05 AM10/18/11
On 18/10/2011 16:05, dave a wrote:
> On 10/18/2011 7:44 AM, BL wrote:
>> Le Tour de France parcours a été présenté --- mais, oů est Lance?
RBR's automated calender never fails.

Jimmy July

Oct 18, 2011, 12:43:13 PM10/18/11
On 10/18/2011 8:16 AM, atriage wrote:
> On 18/10/2011 16:05, dave a wrote:
>> On 10/18/2011 7:44 AM, BL wrote:
>>> Le Tour de France parcours a été présenté --- mais, où est Lance?
>>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/photos/2012-tour-de-france-route-officially-presented/194112
>>>

>> must be Tuesday...
>
> RBR's automated calender never fails.

C'mon, this is it! This is the big day! Remember, BL called it!

BL

Oct 18, 2011, 2:25:39 PM10/18/11
No, I did not specifically call it. I told you what I had heard from
people in pro cycling in California who expected something of note to
happen in the next five days or so--likely this week. Relax, it is going
to be in the news soon.

atriage

Oct 18, 2011, 2:44:16 PM10/18/11
Because they are 'pro-cyclists' they have special connections to the judiciary
huh? I always thought California was a bit weird.

Fred Flintstein

Oct 18, 2011, 2:50:19 PM10/18/11
Well, what I noticed about the Tour presentation was that none of them
were retired. I mean, Indurain wasn't there either. And where was
Sastre? Does this mean the shit is going to hit the fan in Spain?

And Laff got an 'A' in his law school correspondence course in Advanced
Candyassing.

Simply Fred

Oct 18, 2011, 3:00:08 PM10/18/11

atriage wrote:
> RBR's automated calender never fails.

Can I get an Android version, after all there is a version of Perl for
Android:
<http://code.google.com/p/perldroid/>

atriage

Oct 18, 2011, 3:26:04 PM10/18/11
Maurice Garin was MIA too, could mean big trouble coming up for the Frenchies
as well.

atriage

Oct 18, 2011, 3:29:40 PM10/18/11
I would have called it Androperl mysef but in any case the prestige of having
the Laff Tuesday reminder pop up on your phone's screen in the middle of a
meeting shouldn't be underestimated.

Brad Anders

Oct 18, 2011, 7:30:45 PM10/18/11
On Oct 18, 11:25 am, BL <b...@verizon.net> wrote:
> On 10/18/2011 12:43 PM, Jimmy July wrote:

> >> RBR's automated calender never fails.
>
> > C'mon, this is it! This is the big day! Remember, BL called it!
>
> No, I did not specifically call it.  I told you what I had heard from
> people in pro cycling in California who expected something of note to
> happen in the next five days or so--likely this week. Relax, it is going
> to be in the news soon.

Turns out you're right, the trial is ON!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/landis-on-trial-for-hacking-charges

BL

Oct 18, 2011, 9:54:25 PM10/18/11
LOL!! Sorry you're so clueless.

BL

Oct 18, 2011, 9:55:53 PM10/18/11
:-) It really doesn't matter when he's indicted and arrested. It's
coming. ROTFLMAO!!

dave a

Oct 18, 2011, 10:49:00 PM10/18/11
> :-) It really doesn't matter when he's indicted and arrested. I'm
> coming. ROTFLMAO!!

fixed typo

Mike Jacoubowsky

Oct 19, 2011, 3:15:01 AM10/19/11
"atriage" <atr...@satriage.net> wrote in message
No, I think that "Because they are 'pro-cyclists'" is exactly the reason
nothing has happened. Could be that "pro cyclists" just doesn't resonate
very well with potential jurors. As in, who cares? You know how Cat-6
Prima-donas are regarded by the cycling community? Well that's probably
about the same as how the general public regards "pro cyclists."

Unless one of Brian's earlier thoughts are correct, that maybe they have
something they can use to go after some really big players (Wiesel? Is
he really that big?), the whole Lance/doping/USPS/whatever thing might
be putting people to sleep. Is it really that interesting to someone not
familiar with cycling? And if someone on the outside did think it
interesting or worth their time, how would they regard their star
witnesses like Floyd? Keep in mind that they don't know George Hincapie;
his credibility to us carries now weight with them. Most here will take
George's word on whatever, but we're likely mistaken to think that
that's a universal truth.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Simply Fred

Oct 19, 2011, 4:29:22 AM10/19/11

atriage wrote:
> I would have called it Androperl mysef but in any case the prestige of
> having the Laff Tuesday reminder pop up on your phone's screen in the
> middle of a meeting shouldn't be underestimated.

Just make sure you mute the audio in case people think you're nuts when
he LOL's. And if he ROTFL's then they might think you're a weirdo with a
vibrator app like this one:

<http://gizmodo.com/5295987/myvibe-thighs+on-first-iphone-vibrator-app-approved-by-apple-nsfw>

atriage

Oct 19, 2011, 8:35:03 AM10/19/11
On 19/10/2011 08:15, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> "atriage"<atr...@satriage.net> wrote in message

>>> No, I did not specifically call it. I told you what I had heard from
>>> people in
>>> pro cycling in California who expected something of note to happen in
>>> the next
>>> five days or so--likely this week. Relax, it is going to be in the
>>> news soon.
>>
>> Because they are 'pro-cyclists' they have special connections to the
>> judiciary huh? I always thought California was a bit weird.
>
> No, I think that "Because they are 'pro-cyclists'" is exactly the reason
> nothing has happened. Could be that "pro cyclists" just doesn't resonate
> very well with potential jurors.

Too true

> As in, who cares? You know how Cat-6
> Prima-donas are regarded by the cycling community? Well that's probably
> about the same as how the general public regards "pro cyclists."

In England basically the general public regards them as a PIA that gets in the
way of their cars and shouldn't be on the road.

> Unless one of Brian's earlier thoughts are correct,

As John McEnroe would way "You cannot be serious". :)

Fred Flintstein

Oct 19, 2011, 9:53:14 AM10/19/11
On 10/19/2011 2:15 AM, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> No, I think that "Because they are 'pro-cyclists'" is exactly the reason
> nothing has happened. Could be that "pro cyclists" just doesn't resonate
> very well with potential jurors. As in, who cares? You know how Cat-6
> Prima-donas are regarded by the cycling community? Well that's probably
> about the same as how the general public regards "pro cyclists."
>
> Unless one of Brian's earlier thoughts are correct, that maybe they have
> something they can use to go after some really big players (Wiesel? Is
> he really that big?), the whole Lance/doping/USPS/whatever thing might
> be putting people to sleep. Is it really that interesting to someone not
> familiar with cycling? And if someone on the outside did think it
> interesting or worth their time, how would they regard their star
> witnesses like Floyd? Keep in mind that they don't know George Hincapie;
> his credibility to us carries now weight with them. Most here will take
> George's word on whatever, but we're likely mistaken to think that
> that's a universal truth.

I know I keep going back to this, but people really don't have a
sense where the line is between criminal activity and violations
of the WADA code.

Doping for a bike race is not a criminal act. The cyclingnews
article that was linked to described an investigation in Italy,
where doping for a bike race *is* a criminal act. The article
talks about money laundering, but while this might be the case
for the Italian authorities it is of no concern for the US Feds
with the possible exception of a investigator obsessed with
chasing headlines. Laundering money to participate in a legal
act is not only not criminal in the US, much of our political
process is funded that way.

I think it is entirely possible that one of the end results of
all this could be that LANCE can't go do the tourist ride the
day before Milan-San Remo. But if that happens it ain't going
to be Novitsky that does it. And it'll cost the Italians way
more than it's worth. But they seem to groove on that sort of
thing.

There are two places I don't go to for legal advice. One is
Laff, the other is pro cyclists in California.

BL

Oct 19, 2011, 12:26:34 PM10/19/11
Soon.

BL

Oct 19, 2011, 12:27:31 PM10/19/11
On 10/19/2011 4:29 AM, Simply Fred wrote:
> [...]
ROTFLMAO!!!! Soon.

Fred Flintstein

Oct 19, 2011, 3:19:15 PM10/19/11
On 10/19/2011 8:53 AM, Fred Flintstein wrote:
> I know I keep going back to this, but people really don't have a
> sense where the line is between criminal activity and violations
> of the WADA code.
>
> Doping for a bike race is not a criminal act. The cyclingnews
> article that was linked to described an investigation in Italy,
> where doping for a bike race *is* a criminal act. The article
> talks about money laundering, but while this might be the case
> for the Italian authorities it is of no concern for the US Feds
> with the possible exception of a investigator obsessed with
> chasing headlines. Laundering money to participate in a legal
> act is not only not criminal in the US, much of our political
> process is funded that way.

I can't keep my shit straight sometimes. The link I was thinking
of was from that fockstick Fraudbytes. His reference to money
laundering is here:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/italian-newspaper-reveals-details-of-ferrari-investigation

> I think it is entirely possible that one of the end results of
> all this could be that LANCE can't go do the tourist ride the
> day before Milan-San Remo. But if that happens it ain't going
> to be Novitsky that does it. And it'll cost the Italians way
> more than it's worth. But they seem to groove on that sort of
> thing.
>
> There are two places I don't go to for legal advice. One is
> Laff, the other is pro cyclists in California.

Laff, pro cyclists in California, and accountants.

Simply Fred

Oct 19, 2011, 4:44:21 PM10/19/11
Fred Flintstein wrote:
>> There are two places I don't go to for legal advice. One is
>> Laff, the other is pro cyclists in California.
>
> Laff, pro cyclists in California, and accountants.

And investment bankers.

atriage

Oct 19, 2011, 4:49:05 PM10/19/11
And public defenders.

Simply Fred

Oct 21, 2011, 2:58:38 PM10/21/11
BL wrote:
> ROTFLMAO!!!! Soon.

On a geological time scale.

atriage

Oct 21, 2011, 4:00:30 PM10/21/11
Hmm, even that might be pushing it a bit.

Fred Flintstein

Oct 21, 2011, 4:29:44 PM10/21/11
Give him some credit, he was right about someone coming
after Flandis for hacking the French lab's computer.

Although he was wrong about it being the Feds.

atriage

Oct 21, 2011, 4:40:14 PM10/21/11
That whole thing is becoming increasingly surreal, if the French have any actual
evidence to link Floyd to the alleged hack I'll be amazed. What is it about
cycling that generates weird behaviour?

Fred Flintstein

Oct 21, 2011, 4:49:33 PM10/21/11
On 10/21/2011 3:40 PM, atriage wrote:

> What is it about cycling that generates weird behaviour?

Dumbass,

atriage

Oct 21, 2011, 5:10:14 PM10/21/11
Floyd's co-conspiritors are a former agent with French spy agency DGSE, a
self-taught hacker and a former paratrooper. Must be the three musketeers then.

RicodJour

Oct 21, 2011, 6:39:46 PM10/21/11
Hypoxia.

This can also be induced by certain auto-erotic practices while
looking at pictures of LANCE.

RBR may have our own David Carradine in the making. Anyone know how
to set up an intervention? Anyone care enough to set up an
intervention?

Michael Press

Oct 21, 2011, 8:45:44 PM10/21/11
In article <-eqdnWHXfNzDUjzT...@brightview.co.uk>,
The Andromeda galaxy and Milky Way galaxy
will collide in 3 billion years, so they
better get a move on.

--
Michael Press

Frederick the Great

Oct 21, 2011, 8:47:09 PM10/21/11
In article <P56dnT7d8qkyRTzT...@brightview.co.uk>,
Oxygen deprivation.

--
Old Fritz

Simply Fred

Oct 22, 2011, 5:28:46 AM10/22/11

atriage wrote:
> Hmm, even that might be pushing it a bit.

I have it on good authority that the meteorite that wiped out the
dinosaurs struck on a Tuesday.

Simply Fred

Oct 22, 2011, 5:42:31 AM10/22/11
atriage wrote:
> Floyd's co-conspiritors are a former agent with French spy agency DGSE,
> a self-taught hacker and a former paratrooper. Must be the three
> musketeers then.

Dumas wrote the script and the soundtrack is by Kid Rock.