Pursuit Record Falls at Frisco Velodrome !

Anton Berlin

Sep 2, 2010, 2:15:42 PM9/2/10
In the 75+ age group Richard Simons set a new record yesterday.

http://www.usacycling.org/forms/records.pdf

Must be hard to fit an aero helmet over that hair do.

http://thehostess.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/simmonsrp44ks.jpg

Kurgan Gringioni

Sep 2, 2010, 10:01:49 PM9/2/10

"Anton Berlin" <truth...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
: In the 75+ age group Richard Simons set a new record yesterday.

Dumbass -

From a fitness standpoint, riding a bike @ 75 years old sounds attractive
until one considers: crashing.

People whom are that old have a tendency to break if they fall down in their
living room.

A college friend of mine's 70 year old stepfather died in a solo crash.
Dude's neck broke.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Sep 3, 2010, 12:26:11 AM9/3/10
"Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinth...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I have far more customers alive, in their 80s, because they ride... than
I have had killed in accidents because they were old & frail.

Cycling is something you can do at a surprisingly-high level at a
surprisingly-old age, unlike most other ways of staying physically fit.
I've mentioned before that I've got a customer who's 87 years old and
still rides 130 miles/week.

I'd rather take my chances breaking a hip (a fairly common issue for
older cyclists) than waste away in a "retirement" home.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Kurgan Gringioni

Sep 3, 2010, 1:07:18 AM9/3/10

"Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com> wrote in message
: "Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinth...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Dumbass -

The choice doesn't have to be binary, cycling or couch potatoing.

It can be some other activity.

Anton Berlin

Sep 3, 2010, 10:52:28 AM9/3/10
On Sep 2, 11:26 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com>
wrote:
> "Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinthemach...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > "Anton Berlin" <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > : In the 75+ age group Richard Simons set a new record yesterday.
>
> > Dumbass -
>
> > From a fitness standpoint, riding a bike @ 75 years old sounds
> > attractive
> > until one considers: crashing.
>
> > People whom are that old have a tendency to break if they fall down in
> > their
> > living room.
>
> > A college friend of mine's 70 year old stepfather died in a solo
> > crash.
> > Dude's neck broke.
>
> > thanks,
>
> > Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
>
> I have far more customers alive, in their 80s, because they ride... than
> I have had killed in accidents because they were old & frail.
>
> Cycling is something you can do at a surprisingly-high level at a
> surprisingly-old age, unlike most other ways of staying physically fit.
> I've mentioned before that I've got a customer who's 87 years old and
> still rides 130 miles/week.
>
> I'd rather take my chances breaking a hip (a fairly common issue for
> older cyclists) than waste away in a "retirement" home.
>
> --Mike--     Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReactionBicycles.com

I'm with Mike - fuck it - we all gotta go some day.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Sep 3, 2010, 1:15:42 PM9/3/10
"Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinth...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Lawn bowling? A walk around the town square with a long rest on the bench?
No thanks. Riding a bike keeps you alive. Life goes by at exactly the right
speed on a bike. As you get older, that "right speed" goes down. Big deal.

Unless you're Lance. :-)

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Kurgan Gringioni

Sep 3, 2010, 1:52:55 PM9/3/10

"Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com> wrote in message

: > :
: > : Cycling is something you can do at a surprisingly-high level at a

: > : surprisingly-old age, unlike most other ways of staying physically
fit.
: > : I've mentioned before that I've got a customer who's 87 years old and
: > : still rides 130 miles/week.
: > :
: > : I'd rather take my chances breaking a hip (a fairly common issue for
: > : older cyclists) than waste away in a "retirement" home.
: >
: >
: >
: > Dumbass -
: >
:
: Lawn bowling? A walk around the town square with a long rest on the bench?
: No thanks. Riding a bike keeps you alive. Life goes by at exactly the
right
: speed on a bike. As you get older, that "right speed" goes down. Big deal.

Dumbass -

I have a hip flexor injury that keeps me off the bike, so I've been swimming
and surfing. They've been fun activities.

Scott

Sep 3, 2010, 7:10:08 PM9/3/10
On Sep 2, 11:07 pm, "Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinthemach...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> "Mike Jacoubowsky" <Mi...@ChainReaction.com> wrote in message

> : "Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinthemach...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> :news:i5pktg$g99$1...@news.eternal-september.org...
> : >
> : > "Anton Berlin" <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

There's a 50/50 chance that it's not binary. Or, that it is. Or,
something.

Brad Anders

Sep 3, 2010, 7:11:56 PM9/3/10
On Sep 2, 7:01 pm, "Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinthemach...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> "Anton Berlin" <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

By the time we're 75, you'll be able to take some dope that will make
your bones harder than stainless steel. I'm also hoping for some good
dope that will give me a VO2max at 75 that's better than it is today.

Better living through chemicals.

Brad Anders

Kurgan Gringioni

Sep 4, 2010, 1:53:49 PM9/4/10

"Brad Anders" <pban...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Dumbass -

What do you think is the correct age to start loading up on the chemicals
due to not caring about long term side effects?

I can hardly wait. That'll be a fun day.

Fred Fredburger

Sep 8, 2010, 12:30:49 AM9/8/10
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> What do you think is the correct age to start loading up on the chemicals
> due to not caring about long term side effects?

Most of my friends hit that age at about 16, as I recall.